Idea Couture Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.9

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Idea Couture (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume through the company website and received an email within a week. I got a phone call interview and talked through many things about strategy. It was not too hard but have gotten no response ever since.

Senior Innovation Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Idea Couture (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied via referral and then heard back from the HR recruiter a few weeks later, who set up an in-person interview with the hiring manager. Had a great conversation with the hiring manager, sent a thank-you note and then....never heard from anyone at the company again (even after following up with HR a few weeks after the interview).

US Interview

Interview

Similar to another candidate's experience. Went through and had great interviews with members of the team but then had a very weird experience with a partner. The partner down played the job essentially saying it was stupid and it was my job in the interview to show I was indeed dumb enough to want it. Not a typical interview and socially awkward. If the partners and CEO are off it might say something about the company as a whole since they embody the vision of the company.

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Idea Couture (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The first one was a general one on the phone and the second interview was at their office. This consisted of two interviews 1 regular case and 1 written case. Case interview was pretty typical - maybe fewer numbers than a typical case. The written case was tough, they give you an hour (or so) to prepare it and then you basically have to present a series of power point slides and there were some difficult economics problems and some tricky insights and my knowledge of the industry.

Interview Questions

• Interview Question – How do you frame a problem and the example was where would Apple find growth and why? The second one was relating to Netflix and what is the right strategy for them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Professional and I've met three people before the last one which was the CEO. Very tough questions from him and they weren't easy at all. I realized he was not expecting me to have the answers. Just see how I respond to them.

Strategy Interview

Interview

The interview process was straightforward and I enjoyed the conversation with the IC team members.
    To be clear, I was not unhappy that I did not get the job, as I received an offer from another company.

I was, however, left disappointed by the lack of professional follow-up from the IC team. Communication was spotty during the interview process, and there was no post-interview courtesy despite my own follow-up/thank you to the IC team for their time.

Research Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Idea Couture (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The process was very long. I went in for 3 interviews and was asked to do a written assignment. Interview questions were mostly on past research projects, my role in their design, and explanations of my methodology. Interviewers were friendly but seemed distracted, often chatting amongst themselves. Communication outside the interviews can be spotty and inconsistent.

Support Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Idea Couture (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Overall the experience was pretty neutral. The demeanor of the HR and hiring manager was great, but don't feel like they had any goals or direction for the interview. Traditional interview questions are often bunk, but didn't feel like they really tried to dig much into how my experience might be relevant for the job. Having prepared a number of case examples there wasn't really a point where I got to use them. Other comments here say be prepared to lead the interview yourself and I agree. Almost as if they weren't organized or prepared. The entire company seems young and it shows.

Interview Questions

• Asked about a specific job on my resume, that's about it.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Idea Couture in July 2016.

Interview

Entirely bizarre interview process, and maybe one of the least professional I've had in my career so far. Felt more like an interrogation than a conversation - the designer I was interviewing with was confused at why I was interested in the position as my portfolio reflected a more specific area of design whereas IC is more general. This is entirely fair to ask, but despite answering the question and explaining a desire to be more well-rounded, my answer was largely ignored.

The bulk of the interview was going back and forth being grilled on what I really wanted, what I was doing there, what I think they do, but my answers were mostly falling on deaf ears. It honestly felt like they wanted to wear me down and have me admit that I wasn't the right fit for the position.

Professionalism-wise, a total mess. Rudeness under the guise of honesty, side conversations with each other while I was sitting there, mentioning and gossiping about employees that had been let go when I mentioned I had interviewed there prior, and the recruitment guy summing it up with "well I guess that went well...it was...different". What do you say to that?

Reached out shortly after and withdrew my interest. Too many red flags to count in the interview alone.

Senior Innovation Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Idea Couture (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Process was typical. Screening interview, initial interview and final interview

The company is clearly innovative and a true representation of interprofessional collaboration. It was an exciting opportunity. I'm not upset I didn't get the job because that's life. It has to be a good fit. The third interview however was one of the worst I have had in my professional life. I think as a new company they have a ways to go in people management. First, never ever ever text, look at your phone or out the window when an interviewee is talking. It's simply rude. Second, make your interviewee feel comfortable with a bottle of water and having the technology ready for them to utilize. Third, be engaged and mindful. Clearly one of the interviewers would have rather been elsewhere and I was wasting his time. Finally, it's nice to send a follow up even to candidates who don't get the positions. How hard is it to say, "I'm sorry but we've chosen to go a different way but we thank you for taking the time to interview with us for this role." IC literature and model of practice speaks constantly about empathy. That should permeate through their business and people management equally.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Idea Couture (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Consisted of two interviews, first informal review of work and qualifications/personality and the second interview I was given an hour to complete an assigned task. Interviewed by recruitment and design/creative leads - all of whom were friendly and relatively informal.