Idea Couture Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Idea Couture Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.9

Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Idea Couture.

Interview

I applied online. Shortly thereafter I received a call to conduct a phone screening with HR. The recruiter called 1/2 hour earlier than our agreed upon appointment (though they were unaware of this), but no matter. Interview was congenial and was told next steps would be that I would have a call with the hiring team leader.

I have gotten no response ever since, despite following up. I was told to follow up should I not hear back in a few days. Seems other interviewees have had the same experience. It seems odd to me to have the universal practice to never bother to follow up with candidates especially in circumstances where the candidate is given indication that they're advancing. Poor form.

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Idea Couture (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume through the company website and received an email within a week. I got a phone call interview and talked through many things about strategy. It was not too hard but have gotten no response ever since.

Senior Innovation Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Idea Couture (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied via referral and then heard back from the HR recruiter a few weeks later, who set up an in-person interview with the hiring manager. Had a great conversation with the hiring manager, sent a thank-you note and then....never heard from anyone at the company again (even after following up with HR a few weeks after the interview).

US Interview

Interview

Similar to another candidate's experience. Went through and had great interviews with members of the team but then had a very weird experience with a partner. The partner down played the job essentially saying it was stupid and it was my job in the interview to show I was indeed dumb enough to want it. Not a typical interview and socially awkward. If the partners and CEO are off it might say something about the company as a whole since they embody the vision of the company.

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Idea Couture (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The first one was a general one on the phone and the second interview was at their office. This consisted of two interviews 1 regular case and 1 written case. Case interview was pretty typical - maybe fewer numbers than a typical case. The written case was tough, they give you an hour (or so) to prepare it and then you basically have to present a series of power point slides and there were some difficult economics problems and some tricky insights and my knowledge of the industry.

Interview Questions

• Interview Question – How do you frame a problem and the example was where would Apple find growth and why? The second one was relating to Netflix and what is the right strategy for them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Professional and I've met three people before the last one which was the CEO. Very tough questions from him and they weren't easy at all. I realized he was not expecting me to have the answers. Just see how I respond to them.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Idea Couture.

Interview

Met with a director, who was engaging and courteous. Got thorough information about the role and expectation. Was invited to ask questions. It was informal, we talked about my previous experiences and interest in the position. The interview took place in the office and other staff I met were courteous and friendly as well.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Idea Couture (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

A two stage interview with 3 people each interview. First is a casual presentation of portfolio and the second is a test with further conversation.

Go in expecting to lead the conversation both times. Though this is unexpected, I find that it is a great practice to try to do so. People are friendly but astute with their questions whenever they may come.

The only downside is that there seems to be some disorganization. I was told after the first interview I would know the result on a later date, but unfortunately even after a few emails to them, they refuse to reply and have not heard back for a month or so. A very unfortunate practice. This is where my overall experience rating comes from.

Strategy Interview

Interview

The interview process was straightforward and I enjoyed the conversation with the IC team members.
    To be clear, I was not unhappy that I did not get the job, as I received an offer from another company.

I was, however, left disappointed by the lack of professional follow-up from the IC team. Communication was spotty during the interview process, and there was no post-interview courtesy despite my own follow-up/thank you to the IC team for their time.

Research Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Idea Couture (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The process was very long. I went in for 3 interviews and was asked to do a written assignment. Interview questions were mostly on past research projects, my role in their design, and explanations of my methodology. Interviewers were friendly but seemed distracted, often chatting amongst themselves. Communication outside the interviews can be spotty and inconsistent.

Support Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Idea Couture (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Overall the experience was pretty neutral. The demeanor of the HR and hiring manager was great, but don't feel like they had any goals or direction for the interview. Traditional interview questions are often bunk, but didn't feel like they really tried to dig much into how my experience might be relevant for the job. Having prepared a number of case examples there wasn't really a point where I got to use them. Other comments here say be prepared to lead the interview yourself and I agree. Almost as if they weren't organized or prepared. The entire company seems young and it shows.

Interview Questions

• Asked about a specific job on my resume, that's about it.   Answer Question