Imaginary Cloud Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Imaginary Cloud Interview Questions

Interviews at Imaginary Cloud

3.3

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imaginary Cloud in December 2020.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three phases but I never had to wait much time for feedback, which is something I really appreciate. I felt that the interview itself was quite "human", as in, they truly care about the people that might become part of the team and if its a good fit for both parties, considering everyone's personal goals and ambitions. Overall, I believe that throughout the recruitment process you can just be yourself and if you don't know something, that's alright for an intern position, as long as you show willingness to learn and improve.

Interview Questions

• To explain my options regarding my academic background.   Answer Question

Junior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Imaginary Cloud (Lisbon (Portugal)) in October 2020.

Interview

Very quick process! I was contacted the same day I applied and scheduled the first interview for the next day. The first interview consisted of a quick presentation and a session of direct question answering about core concepts in data science. The second interview lasted 1 hour and was meant to evaluate my motivations and objectives, as well as presenting the company in more detail. The last interview was a technical problem solving challenge, which lasts up to 2 hours, where I was given a puzzle-type problem to solve algorithmically. Overall, the process takes around 2 weeks but in my case I received an offer after only 1 week (record breaking time, I'd say).

Interview Questions

• From the second interview: What is most important? Inspiration or Hard Work?   Answer Question

Fullstack Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imaginary Cloud (Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)) in October 2020.

Interview

Very precise and quick, all the steps were very well explained and with a quick response in each step with the results. It was a good experience and in the technical steps they were always helpful explaining what i did or answer wrong in order to learn.

Interview Questions

• What was my motives to choose Imaginary Cloud   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imaginary Cloud in September 2020.

Interview

The interview process consists of 3 different stages: the first is a 30-min, technical questionnaire that covers the foundations of CS. Next, it is a 1-hour HR interview. Finally, a 2-hour coding challenge in which it is asked to model a database and implement a web app (backend and frontend). The 3 sessions took place over the course of around 1.5 weeks and were all in English.

All the interviewers were very nice and easygoing, and I felt my skills were valued. I would say the first technical interview is a bit overwhelming, as I couldn't find the ways to answer/describe appropriately many of the technical questions asked. The coding challenge is hard to do within 2 hours. Aside from that, I have a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• In the technical interview, things like 'what's an object?', 'what does the command ls do'? In the HR interview, they asked me about my expectations, ambitions, nothing too complex.   Answer Question

Backend Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imaginary Cloud (Lisbon (Portugal)) in September 2020.

Interview

It was a process with 4 phases. The first phase is a technical interview with general questions regarding different technologies associated with the job description. This was followed by a human resources interview to see if the candidate and employer are aligned in terms of expectations. Then an interview with a PM and a senior programmer with a challenge to work on with a presented case study, live coding and discussion. The final step is the proposal made by the company.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions depend on the technologies detailed in the Job description and are general questions regarding them. Some of them might be a little theoretical, so do your homework and study them.   Answer Question

Junior Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Imaginary Cloud.

Interview

First interview already very technical.
    Felt like an interview of high dificulty level for a junior position.
    The interviewer was nice and patient, and answered all the questions that I did not know how to.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions of several programming languages/platforms.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imaginary Cloud (Lisbon (Portugal)) in August 2020.

Interview

The interview process was very accessible and really focused on the intended function goals. It happened in 3 stages: the first one with a more personal character where I approached my entire professional background, the second one at a more technical level, and the third one with a more dynamic character to understand what my resolutions would be regarding certain situations

Interview Questions

• How was my daily work routine   1 Answer

Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imaginary Cloud (Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)) in July 2020.

Interview

The Interview Process was divided in 3 stages. First one was more technical with a Senior Developer. Second one was more personal, and the third one was programming a web app.

Interview Questions

• They asked various questions related to general programming.   Answer Question

Python Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imaginary Cloud.

Interview

Skype call, no python based questions, all either general or more relevant to a language like Java, good experience to practice for other jobs more relevant to my current experience

Interview Questions

Imaginary Cloud Response

Feb 14, 2020 – CEO

Hi, Thank you for your honest feedback. Concerning the python-based questions, we only dive into the specifics of a given technology on Stage 3, the last of the 3 interviews of our hiring process. On Stages 1 and 2, probably the ones you’re referring to, we are mainly focused on understanding how well you know the common body of knowledge for programming and if we are the right place for you to learn and grow. We work for top clients worldwide and challenging projects all the time, so we really need to understand how solid is the knowledge of our candidates re software engineering. In any case, we thank you for your feedback and wish you the best of luck for your future.

Javascript Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Imaginary Cloud in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process is divided into 3 steps:

1- Technical interview 30-60min with questions about OOP principles, linux, git and databases;
    2- A non-technical interview in order to know you better;
    3- A challenge to create an application with both backend, in NodeJS, and frontend, in ReactJS.

It doesn't matter what is the role you are applying, you need to know the OOP, at least in theory. I have applied to a Javascript role and not a single question was made about it, which doesn't make any sense to me.

Interview Questions

Imaginary Cloud Response

Feb 14, 2020 – CEO

Hi, We regret to hear that you didn’t have a pleasant experience in our hiring process. As you mentioned, our hiring process is divided into three stages, that we often conduct in less than two weeks: Stage 1 - Understand how well the candidate knows the common body of knowledge for the position (in this case, Software Engineering); Stage 2 - Understand if we are the right place for that next step; Stage 3 - Understand how mature the candidate is in the technology/tooling that he/she is applying and if we like to work together; We look for people that can join our team and help us grow while growing with us. Thus why we designed Stage 1 the way you’ve done it. In our industry, technology shifts happen fast and often, and we need to ensure everyone is well prepared for those moments. We only dive into the specifics of the technology on Stage 3. The reason why we do this is that it’s easier to learn a technology (i.e. Javascript in your case) than to have a solid knowledge of Software Engineering or Computer Science. In any case, we thank you for your feedback. Best of luck in the future.