Imperial Oil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Imperial Oil

3.1

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (New York, NY).

Interview

2 interviews based on technical behavioral traits. Panel was very respectful and were looking for reasons to hire me and not otherwise. The interview followed the typical STAR format and response was supposed to be as clear as possible.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview

On campus and behavioural, standard questions.
    I only had one interview and it was with an engineer. With Imperial Oil you don't apply to specific roles for internships, but instead apply in a general application and they would put you in a role they see fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   3 Answers
    • Which course did you enjoy the most and why   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Oil in May 2019.

Interview

It was about a 50 min interview. Started with simple interview questions. they asked about my previous experiences. Then moved on to behavior based question which needed to be answered in STAR format.

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

Full day interview process involving both current managers and functional manager. The downfall was having to participate in a luncheon with the other 3 gentlemen that were there for an interview as well. Awkward.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Paraffinic Froth Treatment?.....?!?!?...   1 Answer

Operator Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Imperial Oil in February 2010.

Interview

It was all about behaviour questions.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was held in the main campus. The interview questions were mostly behavioural (using STAR format). Other questions included: what were your favorite and least favorite courses at university and few questions regarding resume. Overall, the interview was okay - nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a decision. What alternatives did you consider and how did you weigh pros and cons.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online, contacted for Skype interview, personality based. It was an easy process whereby HR was available for contact. I was contacted 1.5 weeks following the interview with an offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview itself was a very structured behaviour-type interview, and the interviewer would not express any personal sentiment, and always replied me with "excellent". I got an interview invitation around a week after submitting my application. And 4 days after the interview, I got a criminal background check request from an outsourced company, which in my case had lasted for 2 days until they cleared me out.

Interview Questions

• About university and university project.   Answer Question
    • Very structured behaviour questions, which can mostly be found on this site.   Answer Question
    • Add some notes on my strengths, and why choosing Imperial   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Oil in February 2017.

Interview

Was casual , no technical questions and took about an hour. The interviewer told me about himself and the job I was applying for and then went into the questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you resolved a conflict on a team project?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Mostly behavioural where you need to follow the STAR method. They really care to see how you've dealt with stress and your ability to follow instructions. Provide details as much as you can.

Interview Questions

• The most stressful assignment you've been through and how did you deal with it   Answer Question