Imprev Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Imprev Interview Questions

3.3

Javascript HTML Css Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Imprev (Bellevue, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

Had a relaxed very positive interview with the development manager. He said it would be 30 minutes and it stretched out for an hour. I passed that interview and was set for an online tech interview. They called me on the phone but had me run their online meeting software. That ran for 10 minutes until someone ran the microwave and the meeting software died. I reconnected but there was no sound which they seemed to blame me for. Rebooted and started working through their online bugs, but it was slow and cumbersome running the meeting software with me running visual studio for javascript development (which they had never used). Worked through one problem and run out of time. I felt they needed to streamline their tech interview process. Their instructions for downloading needed source was unclear and it used up most the ime. I was not offered the job.

Interview Questions

• The difficulty was no in the questions, but in setting up the environment to work through their bugs.   Answer Question

Senior Frontend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Imprev (Bellevue, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

Very efficient interview process which assessed my skills by presenting actual programming challenges which I had to solve in real-time. Minor technical issues with the wifi which were sorted out quickly enough. The first thing I was asked to do was clone a github project for the tasks, which told me (correctly) that I was in front of a team that tries to use the best tools.

Interview Questions

• The largest challenge of the interview was, without question, having to code live in front of others, including via GoToMeeting.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imprev (Bellevue, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

The hiring process began with answering generic (non-technical) questions with human resources over the phone, then sending in some samples of technical writing. Soon after, I was asked to schedule an interview at the company.

The interview at Imprev struck a good balance between assessing my technical skills and getting to know the engineering and QA teams. None of the questions required any coding, but knowing how to decompose a problem and think logically was a must. Chatting with the management and QA teams helped me get a feel for the atmosphere of the company, and was a fairly relaxed process.

Overall the interview process gave me a fair opportunity to demonstrate my skills and to get a feel for the people at Imprev.

Interview Questions

• The first question given to me was the most difficult. It was a logic puzzle, and asked which of four statements about the puzzle was true. I could have sketched a logic puzzle grid, but I decided the simplest way was to test if each of the four statements could be disproved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation primarily happened before the interview at the company, while I spoke with human resources. It was straightforward and concise.