Improving Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Improving (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Reached out to an Improving recruiter some time ago regarding open positions at Improving and we were scheduled for a phone discussion. The recruiter never called nor followed up to my emails regarding a reschedule.

Seeing that employee referrals were just as effective in securing interviews at Improving, I chose this method instead. The Sr. Consultant at Improving who took my resume and spoke with the VP of Consulting later came back and stated that the VP was "unavailable" and very busy on a client project to meet with me for an interview. When I questioned this rather frustratingly, this Sr. Consultant responded with "You wont go far....."

By far the most condescending and unprofessional experiences I have had in interviewing with a consulting firm.

Agile Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Improving (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

I did 2 phone interviews with Improving. Following those, I did a phone interview with the client, then a second face to face with the client. This whole process lasted over about 5 or 6 weeks as it took time to align schedules. Other than this delay, the process went smoothly and I was treated professionally the entire time. I had a pleasant experience overall for this interview process.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Improving (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

First round was a phone interview with HR person who was very friendly, interested and helpful. Gave impression that she loved the job very much and has a great work environment. Phone interview included many standard behavioral questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Improving.

Interview

I applied online, then went through an in person screening. They then assigned a take home OOP problem. The last step was to come in to discuss my solution and complete a technical interview that was more to evaluate your style of problem solving, not skill level.

Everyone seemed really awesome and laidback while still being professional and it seems like an environment a young developer would thrive in.

Interview Questions

• Develop an OOP solution to this problem in a language of your choosing.   Answer Question

Simply got a better offer somewhere else.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Improving (Dallas, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Have applied several times, but I know they are swamped. Their HR seems to be getting lazier and lazier. One of their HR people advertised a job on LinkedIn without any details other than just the generic job title. So I wrote a message giving my background and asking for details, and she wrote back "Thanks". So getting the details seems to be something you have to beg for.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Improving (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I was referred by an Improver and I have to say that Improving has the most robust referral process. I sent my resume to this Improver and no time I was contacted by the HR in no time. I had 2 telephonic/skype interviews and then I flew into Dallas to meet the client, HR and the VP of the company. All through this process, I was made very comfortable and frankly I did not feel that I was being interviewed for a full time position.

Everyone that I interviewed with was exceptional and knew exactly what they were looking for. My best experience so far.

Negotiation

Great

Scrummaster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Improving (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

After a phone screening, met with the Consulting VP regarding the specific position, my experiences and skills and how Improving operates as a software and agile consulting company. Afterwards met with the lead scrummaster on the client engagement to discuss the project specifically and the project structure. Met with the interviewers both at their offices and at the client location.

Interview Questions

• My favorite project to date.
      Scrum questions: the "ceremonies," how to run a retrospective, coaching team members, improving velocity, sprint planning.
      Relationships: how to deal with difficult people and challenging projects
      Size of projects and duration to date
      Consulting and the nature of it -- different types of clients and projects
      How to get a new team with no scrum experience up and running
      How to respond to roadblocks the team is having
      Skills based -- who is responsible for the daily stand-up
      Experience with scaling scrum