Incisive Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Incisive Media

2.8

Global Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Incisive Media (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I went through a recruiter, but my first interview was over the phone with the Director of U.S. Sales. It was a basic interview, describe your work experience. Asked me if I knew about the IT Channel, which I did, but not fully. Before ending the first interview, he told me he would like me to have another conversation. However, after my first interview, I heard nothing for over 2 weeks. Finally, I heard back to schedule another call and found out the first guy I spoke with is no longer with the company. So, for my second call, I spoke with the Group Publishing Director. Pretty much same interview as I had with the first call. Lastly, I had a presentation over Skype and final questions and thoughts on my part. The next day I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• What was the typical deal size and length of sales cycle in your previous positions?   1 Answer

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Incisive Media (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I had two or three interviews with the HR and the manager. They were just casual conversations. They took place a while ago so the company's interview process may have changed.

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Incisive Media.

Interview

Interviewed with the positions direct supervisor overseas in London via phone and then made it to the second interview process in their New York office face to face with their H.R. person. The appointment was requested on a certain day and time via email from their H.R. rep and I confirmed the date and time. When I showed up for the interview he said he was not expecting me and said he was to busy to speak with me and that we would have to reschedule. The drive was 1 hour and 45 minutes plus tolls and parking as i explained to him. He still was not going to meet with me and again stated he was too busy to talk. His actions and attitude show a complete lack of professionalism and is the best window or "glassdoor" into the mentality of the company and how it is run. Needless to say I wished him a nice day and walked out without rescheduling.

Media Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Incisive Media.

Interview

Initial phone call whereby they ask things to get a better feel about you, they asked:
    What do you know about our company?
    What motivates you?
    Have you worked in a team environment?
    etc.

Then, if successful, they invite you to their office whereby there is a face to face interview, they asked questions like:
    What do you think is the most important quality to have for this role?
    What has been your biggest achievement thus far? Your biggest failure?
    What quality in a person do you find is the most difficult to work with? The easiest?

They also ask that you prepare a short presentation where you select a magazine and present why a subscriber would want to subscribe to it, or why a company would want to advertise in it.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something absolutely outstanding about you that would make us remember you. It could be anything about you, be it trivial (you are a Guinness world record holder, etc.)   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Incisive Media (London, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

The process was two hour long face to face interviews talking through CV and experience. And then completing a marketing timeline task.

Not too challenging and was actually quite enjoyable.

Good to talk about relevant experience to the role in question as this is something they look for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Incisive Media?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Incisive Media (London, England (UK)) in January 2009.

Interview

Very formal and straight forward.
    2 interviews: 1st is 1-2-1 and second is the presentation of a marketing project. Very practical and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase conversion rate of leads.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't take the first salary offer.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Incisive Media (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Application for the role via an ad on a job board - invitation to group interview with 12+ other candidates - interview to one to one interview with a presentation element. Hard to prepare although they had given access to the site in advance.

Interview Questions

• In terms of selling their products (business intelligence), describe types of similar experiences you have had and how you have overcome them.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Incisive Media.

Interview

Disjointed interview process. The initial interview was held as an informal chat with the hiring manager. It became clear that there was no role available at the time, as they were about to offer another candidate. I was approached 6 weeks later, for a formal final interview and sales roleplay with the hiring manager, alongside another director. An offer was made over 2 weeks later, after yet another candidate had turned down the position. I felt like I was a second best candidate, and that the employer was desperate to make a hire. I was concerned that other candidates had already turned down the role. After two brief disjointed interviews and long delays, I never fully understood the role. I felt that I didn't connect with or understand the product, and wasn't inspired by the offer or the work culture. The contracts were all cloud-based, and I was unable to review the paperwork again once it had been signed. I decided that, while committed to the job, that I wanted to take a short sabbatical between jobs, that would add 4 weeks to my start date. Incisive Media refused to consider a delayed start date and the offer was withdrawn at this point. I feel like I had a lucky escape!

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Incisive Media (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview which lasted 15 minutes.. simple enough, a day later they wanted me to come in for an interview and wanted me to prepare a short 5 minute presentation on selling a magazine (or events) subscription and then a formal interview with two employees.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Incisive Media in December 2008.

Interview

A meeting at first with HR and then a meeting with the director

Interview Questions

Negotiation

easy