Indian Oil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Indian Oil Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

Operations Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Indian Oil in June 2010.

Interview

Short listing through GATE; AIR below 100/200 get shortlisted, depending on the major; next rounds at office; group disc, group task and then interviews, technical and hr simultaneously; final selection will be notified later

Interview Questions

• Tech questions are very very easy. nothing to worry about   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Indian Oil (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

the interview required an exam evaluation
    that was the tough part
    once you crack that its easier
    they try and understand your motivations and your ability to take on such a role
    the process was fun and I felt that I had sense of achievement
    overall the experience was great !

Officer Grade A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Oil (Chennai (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

not good experience I was not well prepared, question from heat transfer and mechanical branch related.
    so prepare well before from websites mainly technical questions.
    and be confident.
    and read about company and hear their ppt nicely.
    and they will take so much time for documentation verification/

Interview Questions

• why we use cylinder to fill gas?
      is there any other shape container can be used?

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Oil (Bhubaneswar (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

First they will ask to introduce yourself (I was well prepared for that). Whenever you complete , they will start question from your interesting topic which you have covered in introduction part. Mostly they will ask from your internship. If you can elaborate well it will be plus point and then some basic concept from 2,3 topics.

Interview Questions

• would you want to go for further studies?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Indian Oil (Mumbai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview first was apptitude round ,everything was from India Bix.
    Sql and Java and Apptitude question were there.about 50 question(45 min).

Then direct PI along HR it was project oridented talk more.
    And basic knowledge of SQL and Java(Classes).

Interview Questions

• About The Project we did in graduation(B.TECH).
      About classes and SQl queries

Officer Grade A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Oil (New Delhi (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

My branch is EC.I secured a good rank in gate-2016. For our branch interview was scheduled for 4 days. This time they had good number of vacancies for EC. Up to 500 to 600 rank were called. Selection was on the ratio of 1:3. On my day of interview around 20 people were called(in general category). I was the 5th to be interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Why IOCL, More questions were from optical fibers, its frequency of operation, They asked to choose between iocl and ntpc, as i had given interview of ntpc also.   1 Answer

I Have Applied for Refinaries Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Indian Oil (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I have attended the IOCL written test, as u know already it contains 200 questions with a time limit of 2hr.

It includes the following :

1. Aptitude : that you can prepare from Rs Aggrwal, like percentage, allegation of mixtures, bar n pie chart based, cone based etc.

2. coding based, odd one out, RCs, antonyms n synonyms.

3. It also contains general awareness and based on history questions like marasmus is caused by..., birth place of president.., lok sabha etc.

4. technical, C n dbms, switching, automata, UNIX, physics ..

Time is main factor in IOCL paper, friends after giving it I will tell you this was the toughest paper I have given but remember one going gets TOUGH only tough GETS going.

Interview Questions

• First section consists of the following topics:
       General English
       Quant::
       percentages
       probability -2 or 3 bits
       ratio proportion
       reasoning
       coding
       decoding
       data interpretation basic problems on pie charts and bar graphs
       history
       general knowledge
       these r the questions

Executive Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Indian Oil.

Interview

I was selected based on gate score. In the interview process it was group discussion, group task followed by interview. Both of them are easy. They don't consider what you say. But they consider how you say and body language.

Interview Questions

• They asked mostly based on project, industrial training , internship or experience if any.
      Hr was mostly about the company and company related divisions near to your home town. And some common hr qstns like why iocl, role, why psu, why not other company etc...

Officer/Engineer Interview

Interview

I wrote gate 2016 and got shortlisted for interview. Interview was 1 day process consists of gd, gt and interview . Asked me about internship , pump, pipelines, etc. Gd topic : aggressive or silence is better for the day? Gt: save 3 people from a flooded region consist of 8 members.

Interview Questions

Interview

Simultaneously they will be conducting GD/GT which is of 50 min round in which they will be explaining the process and then 15-20 min GD and GT.
    GD topic will be a very common topic they ll arbitrary choose and tell you. For me it was : Huge population advantage or problem and then GT : presentation on preventing suicides in a city.
    Interview : they ll be asking questions from technical as well as HR . However they ll definitely try to confuse you .