Indian Oil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Indian Oil Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2017

Operations Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Indian Oil in June 2010.

Interview

Short listing through GATE; AIR below 100/200 get shortlisted, depending on the major; next rounds at office; group disc, group task and then interviews, technical and hr simultaneously; final selection will be notified later

Interview Questions

• Tech questions are very very easy. nothing to worry about   Answer Question

Engineering Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indian Oil (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Group discussion and Topic: Is personal grooming essential?
    Group Task Topic: List of things were given, we should prioritize, discuss and decide what are the things to carry
    Personal Interview- Major HR with technical questions in between

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join IOCL?
      What is NPSH?
      Where is process control used in industries?
      What is DCS?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Indian Oil.

Interview

I was called for interview through GATE 2017. Place of my interview was IIPM Gurgaon. The process started with document verification followed by interview followed by GD/GT.
    Interview was of 20 mins approx. GD/ GT topics were fairly easy.
    85% weightage to GATE score, 10 to Interview and 5 to GD/GT.

Interview Questions

• Do, you're the last candidate to be interviewed. How does that feel ?   1 Answer
    • Why is your CGPA so low?   1 Answer
    • What kind of co curricular activities were you involved in?   1 Answer

Floor In Charge Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Indian Oil.

Interview

Interview was conducted by the highly qualified professional staff and their aim was perfect. The main focus was on the professional subject, mostly it is concerned to job profile only.

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Indian Oil (New Delhi (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

Shortlisting is done on the basis of GATE score in each engineering stream. After that you have to get impaneled in the interview to get final selection. Before interview you have to clear GD and GT tasks also.

Interview Questions

• First question was about my hobbies ?   1 Answer
    • How did I manage as captain in college cricket team ?   Answer Question
    • Question regarding same situation in IOCL?   Answer Question
    • Then direct questions on my internship and project ?   Answer Question
    • I was asked to explain my whole project on a white board?   Answer Question
    • Question on justification of application of my project in industries?   Answer Question
    • Some technical questions followed in civil from construction and building material?   Answer Question
    • HR questions like what do you know about IOCL, Business of IOCL, Competitor of IOCL in private market, the brand name of products of IOCL and their competitors etc. ?   Answer Question
    • About refinery near my hometown and its impact on environment and the steps IOC has taken to counter that ?   Answer Question
    • If you have the authority will you shut down the refinery of IOC ?   Answer Question

Officer/Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Indian Oil.

Interview

First they proceeded with GD and GT.
    General topics are given for the Group Discussion.Be very conscious of what you say and behave well during GD and GT rounds.
    Personal Interview will have HR and technical rounds simultaneously.Panel will have the members related to HR,Technical and Marketing etc..
    If you don't know anything just say I don't know politely. If u say wrong,admit it. Don't try to cover the mistakes.

GET Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indian Oil.

Interview

Prepared for GATE exam 2017, got passed in the exam, then applied online for the graduate engineer trainee post. Then I got a mail and my interview was in May. The date of joining is in the first week of July. Rest is upon the medical examination whether they will allow me or not.

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Indian Oil (Kolkata (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

interview went for 15 minutes.first a fall they asked me to write something on paper.then they asked me to choose between leader and follower and why so?rest was technical questions related to civil engineering -long column,water quality std.,fly ash,potable water,cement then why Indian oil?they asked me about family background is there any relative of yours working in Indian oil . whats my educational background etc.

Industrial Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Oil.

Interview

Fairly easy , question on service tax, fixed assets were asked. Due dates of various taxes and duties and general HR questions.
    Interviewer panel was very kind and easy going.

Interview Questions

• Due date for service tax return ?   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Indian Oil (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

The process is through gate examination. On the baisis of the gate score they call you for gd/gt and interview. I was called for the same at gurgaon.
    The process can take full day. Food is provided.

Interview Questions

• questions related to your stream are asked. do make sure to go through your project.   Answer Question