Indiana University Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Indiana University Health Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2018

2.5

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indiana University Health in July 2016.

Interview

I went up to the unit and shadowed another young woman in my prospective position for about 1.5 hours or so and then I was interviewed by the manager. The woman that interviewed me was very pleasant, so much so it didn't even feel like an interview, but rather more of a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Basic demographic questions, where do I see myself going with the career field, describe an encounter with a patient in which things didn't go as well as I had planned   Answer Question

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indiana University Health (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

The initial "interview" was a recruiter that asks you a couple of questions and then schedules an actual interview on the unit with the managers. The actual interview on the was about 2 hours. I shadowed on the unit for 1 hour and then the actual interview was about an hour. The interview was pretty informal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult patient or customer and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indiana University Health (Bedford, IN) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR office in Indianapolis with an invitation for an interview, which I had with the floor manager and two RNs in an office. They had papers on which to write with suggested questions and they recorded my responses and scored me.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to give an example of a time I made a mistake.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indiana University Health.

Interview

The interview process is generally an hour length shadowing, followed by an interview with the manager. Quick and professional, the real hurdle is waiting for the initial call to set up an interview time. I hear that Methodist is working on a new system to make recruiting time quicker. I think I waited 2-3 weeks before I was called for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Average interview, no hard questions. Just be honest about your experiences.   Answer Question

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indiana University Health (New York, NY).

Interview

I was briefly interviewed over the phone by HR and then scheduled for interview with multiple floor managers. Half the people didn't even show up for a scheduled interview and it was a brief (less than 10 minute) interview. I had to email and check on status to find out I was not hired.

Polysomnographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Avon, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indiana University Health (Avon, IN) in March 2009.

Interview

Interviewed by the manager and the supervisor. Many detailed questions about job skills and the profession. Was asked what I liked most and least about my profession.

Interview Questions

• Always, why I want to leave my current position. Some technical questions I wasn't expecting.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated the salary I wanted without much difficulity

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indiana University Health.

Interview

Interview process took over 30 days, very inconvenient to wait that long. First had pre interview over the phone. I had to travel over an hour for interview so this was helpful to ask pertinent questions before going further with potential employer. Interview took place at health center with director, assistant manager and lab director. Questions were appropriate but not enough time for me really get to know how operations of clinic were being handled.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most difficult situation and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Occured over the phone, short and swift.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Indiana University Health (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

called in for interview , job shadow , offer hr called to sumbit references and they called me a week or two later telling me the date of orientation , orientation is 8 hrs long

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indiana University Health (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

One interview at the office in downtown Indianapolis. Typical interview and interview questions. I applied online and received a call about a week later. I received the offer without knowledge. The HR director called and gave me information about orientation. I was never asked if I accepted but OF COURSE I WAS GOING TO!

Sterile Processing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Indiana University Health (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call for an interview about 1 1/2 weeks after submitting my application and resume. For the interview, it was a group environment where I was asked questions by my "potential peers and supervisor" if i accepted a position with the company. The team members were very friendly, open to questions, and did an awesome job explaining the responsibilities of the position, what certifications I could take later on in the career, and available shifts. Any questions I had they were great in informing me on what exactly to expect if I accept the position and what they expect of me.

It took about two weeks from the date of the interview to receive a call back from HR to inform me that I received the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself with the company in the next 5 years? Do you see this position as being a career for you in the future if offered the position? Tell us a little bit about yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation on pay rate, for the position it was a set hourly rate.