Ingenia Polymers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ingenia Polymers Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingenia Polymers (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Apply through temp agency. Tour plant. Meet with HR and Production Manager. HR lied about starting and top out pay. They touted a family atmosphere that does not exist there.

Interview Questions

• Describe your take on employee and management interaction.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ingenia Polymers (Houston, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Toured the plant with a manager and was offered full time position through temp agency a few days later.

Interview Questions

• You don't mind the heat do you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Through temp agency.

Operator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingenia Polymers in July 2014.

Interview

Standard flare, set up through GoJohnson, Small company if that is what you want. Was kept waiting in the warehouse a good 45 min after the scheduled appointment time before they finally started the interview process even though I talked to one lady in the HR about 10 minutes after the interview time and the extension to the lady I had the interview with didn't answer. I showed up 15-30 minutes before the interview. Wasn't even shown the units I would be working with.

Took their standard flare of testing, interviewed with the facility manager, was called with the offer later that day with starting $20/hr but no benefits until some months after the hire date.

Declined offer as I went through Lee College's Process Technology to work in an actual process and their offer wage is significantly below normal starting operator pay.

Interview Questions

• Was presented with a question of where do I want to be in 5 years; a special projects team that is a blend of maintenance and operations, lead operator, or supervisor. Easy question, just unexpected.   Answer Question

Starting wage was $20/hr for an operator, the research I've done is that the average starting operator pay is $24-$28/hr and that is with no benefits starting off for some months. Was also kept waiting 30 minutes or longer in their what appeared to be their shipping and receiving even though told a lady who worked in their HR I am waiting for the interview and was left waiting still for 20-30 minutes. Unprofessional imo.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ingenia Polymers (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Time consuming and not enough information shared about the position with candidate. You spend one hour taking their pre-hire test, then the interview process starts.Very time consuming for interviewers that are employed. Complete all paperwork before interview which is a waste of time if an offer isn't exteded!

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions asked by HR are old school.   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingenia Polymers (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, HR email, phone interview then in-person interview from management, then the offer. Nothing that most people haven't experienced before. Like other places the big thing was getting them to talk to you in the first place.

Interview Questions

• Past experience, how I handled various scenarios, pretty cookie cutter.   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingenia Polymers (Houston, TX) in July 2009.

Interview

Questions related to your resume and few HR questions

Interview Questions

• descirbe the project done and what are some important outcomes of the project   Answer Question
    • what type of job are you looking for   Answer Question

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ingenia Polymers (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Am intermediary company, GoJohnson, called and said there was an opening at Ingenia if I wanted it. went for an "interview" the next day. Met manager who walked around pointing at things and saying stuff I couldn't hear. We circled the plant, he asked if I had questions, I said no and I started the next day.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ingenia Polymers (Houston, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Typical hiring and interview process. The interview started off with a tour of the facility and a meet/greet with key members of the company. Next, they give you a IQ Test which was basically SAT Math and Verbal questions. Finally, you have an interview with HR and another interview with the engineer manager. Overall, interview took about most of day.

R&D Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brantford, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ingenia Polymers (Brantford, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

Their agent called me and recommended me the position. I sent my resume. After two weeks, they invited me to Brantford ON for interview. Before the interview, they gave me some tests: a very basic math test and an English language test. After the interview in Brantford, they invited me to interview in Houston TX. I bought the air tickets and flew to Houston to interview with their VP. After that interview, I have never heard anything from them. And I have to called the VP after two months who interviewed me. The VP impatiently answered my phone and said he was in a conference, and the hiring process will move forward. But it never moved forward. I tried to get my air tickets expenses reimbursed, but cannot get anyone to pay for my air tickets.

Interview Questions

• 1. how many people have you supervised?
      2. Have you worked before your PhD graduation?
      3. Are you willing to be relocated to Houston TX?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ingenia Polymers (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Part 1: Phone Interview and Part 2: second interview with personality assessment, behavioural, and aptitude. Was offered the second interview but declined it because I never really got to ask questions about the position etc. at the end with the "do you have any questions for us or concerns based on this interview?" . I studied their company and the job posting beforehand and based my questions on what I've learned so I was excited to ask but never got the chance to - I just wanted to learn more about what i was getting into. Asked for a quick phone call for my questions. HR basically just said no, if you have reservations now don't go through the second interview.

Almost wanted to reply saying all the jobs, even minimum wage jobs, have given me a chance to ask questions about the process and the job itself after the first interview but this one doesn't. Basically told me that they assumed I knew everything already therefore to save time did not ask me if I had questions.

If their HR does not allow for future employees a chance to ask a question even after a respectful request, this company most likely does not allow you to express the same when you get the job. Their HR was salty about it... really salty.

Thank goodness this happened before I wasted my time through their long process.

Interview Questions

Does not respect future employee therefore must not respect their current employee. Just as simple as that.