Ingram Content Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Tech Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ingram Content Group (Nashville, TN).

Interview

The hiring process was not long. After applying for the position online, was called for an interview a few days later. The interview was with the department supervisor and team manager giving questions. After interview, was hired for the position.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your recent job responsibilities.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ingram Content Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Contact with this company seems erratic and disorganized at best. I was contacted by a recruiter to ask if I was interested in a particular position. I affirmed I was and was actually quite excited to learn more, but never heard from them again. As the gatekeepers of the company, HR has a responsibility to treat candidates with respect. I would be wary of joining the company based on my HR interactions.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in this position with Ingram? We think it could be a great fit for your skills.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Content Group (Nashville, TN).

Interview

HR is completely clueless. They will email you back and forth to schedule a phone interview... Your "phone interview" is them telling you that they already the position BEFORE the initial email. Very unprofessional and unorganized.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ingram Content Group.

Interview

Great recruiter. A fairly typical screening process, included an assessment. I appreciate the due diligence of including a personality assessment and the importance of these for certain positions. However, in my experience, I would have expected to see it later in the process to help push through the final candidates. Basing a decision solely on the results of a test leads me to believe the organization is not confident enough in their own abilities. I would also recommend giving feedback to your candidates as to why. They deserve it.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingram Content Group (Nashville, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was well organized. I only thought that I was having an in person interview with 2 people. This ended up being 3 separate interviews with 4 people (back to back). I would have probably eaten breakfast if I'd have know in advance that I was going to be in the interview(s) for more than 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• I was asked, "Can you tell me what a debit is?"   1 Answer

Order Puller Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Vergne, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Content Group (La Vergne, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

Talked with the shift supervisor, then took a small tour then went and talked with "his boss" and had a small interview fairly easy questions. Following the interview I then talked to personnel in HR for questions regarding benefits, college tuition, and other positions in the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you lack as an employee?   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Content Group (Nashville, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online took about a week to get a phone call. Did a small interview on phone than got scheduled a interview to do a face to face. After the face to face i got a email to submit drug test and background check. Another week afterwards I received the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a team to accomplish a goal?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you developed a plan to meet a deadline?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to help a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Assistant Cataloger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Content Group (Fort Wayne, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

I met with HR and the department supervisor and was asked question about my experience, and was asked roughly 10 questions to test my job related skills. I was also given a factory tour and tour of the office in which I would be working in.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 differences between AACR2 records and RDA records.   Answer Question
    • How would you identify an RDA record from the other types?   Answer Question
    • Where would you go if you had to look up information in order to help you catalog a book?   Answer Question

Inventory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Vergne, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Content Group (La Vergne, TN) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for this position through LinkedIn and quickly received an email back from their human resources department. I emailed a talent acquisition specialist several times back and forth, had a phone interview, filled out an online personality type test, had in-person interview with potential supervisor and the talent acquisition specialist I had emailed, but then received an email a couple weeks later that they were no longer hiring anyone to fill that position but transferred its job responsibilities between current employees. The interview itself was informal, more conversational than direct question and answer. The woman who interviewed me was very knowledgable and had been with the company for several years. She was very honest about the tedious nature of the position they were hiring for. The interview with the talent acquisition specialist was mostly informational about the company policies, including benefits, vacation time, and retirement plans. Be prepared to ask questions about the company and job responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Conversational interview more than direct question and answer   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Content Group.

Interview

Second time applying for this position over the course of about four months. First time, I was told that my resume didn't interest them. Then, out of the blue, one of their talent acquisition folks insisted that I reapply. I'm comfortable in my current position, so I thought I'd be cheeky and submit the same resume. Reportedly, it blew the hiring manager away -- same hiring manager, for the same position.

Two phone interviews later, I was invited to an all-day interview marathon on-site. Met with the hiring manager, his supervisor, and the local VP, all of whom professed to be impressed. Also discovered that none of them had been there more than six months. I found this disturbing, but put it aside.

After that came the interview with the "technical team." I've been in this business for nearly twenty years, and I've never been raked across the coals like that. Questions ranged from textbook material circa 1995 to personality quizzes such as "name five hobbies that you have." Discovered that the team was just as fresh-faced as the management staff, too.

Not sure what Ingram's turnover rate is, but it really put me off that neither the engineering team nor the management had been there for more than a few months. Very uncomfortable six-hour affair. Glad I was able to get a birds-eye-view of the situation there before deciding to leave a stable environment.

Interview Questions

• What art project are you currently working on?   1 Answer