Inria Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Inria Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2017

2.7

Stagiaire Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toulouse (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Inria (Toulouse (France)) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview questions are according to the project. I studied statistics. They asked what kind of courses I have had during my study. Am i willing to move to Nancy. My internship project was a collaboration with industry. Therefore, they also asked questions about my communication skills etc. It went quite well. I heard back from them quickly.

Interview Questions

• Have I dont statistical test? My knowledge about application of statistics in biology....   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Interview

Application material: Cover Letter, CV, List of Publications, List of Courses, Research Statement. They will contact to your recommender and then get the inputs from them. Once recommendations are submitted then they will ask you to explain about your research and ask questions based on that.

Interview Questions

• Recommendations are very important. Past research related questions were asked.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Inria (Paris (France)) in April 2014.

Interview

Are you a young graduate engineer? Do you have no more than a year’s experience? Would you like to begin your career in a top-level research environment? Inria offers you opportunities in the form of fixed term contracts of between one and two years’ duration within a small team of scientists. Throughout this contract, you will be mentored. These jobs will enable you to acquire some worthwhile initial work experience in computer-science software development and applied mathematics. Inria proposes several positions of young graduate engineers in 2015.

Interview Questions

• My research background, publication and research interest.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nancy (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Inria (Nancy (France)) in March 2014.

Interview

The interviewer tries to get a breadth of your knowledge that you have gained in your work experiences or graduate studies. They try to initiate new ideas and let you think upon it to get an idea of your thinking process.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Inria (Paris (France)) in February 2014.

Interview

Skype Interview was pretty direct and simple. They discussed the project topic and whether or not I liked it and my thoughts on it. Also they gave me an option to choose the one I like among 2-3 different topics in the same domain. They also discussed my academic courses and projects

Interview Questions

• Detailed description of my relevant courses and Bachelors thesis project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Discuss with the supervisor about travel reimbursements.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Inria (Paris (France)) in September 2013.

Interview

I had contacted a professor through email, however she did not reply it. Then I found another professor who worked with my husband who put me in touch with this professor. I was interviewed by the professor who I contacted through email. She asked me about my background and my interest in research. And my future plans.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Inria in April 2013.

Interview

I had applied for a post-doctoral researcher position in one of the Inria lab, by following their advertisement in dbworld forum. I had contacted the hiring manager by sending my latest resume, research statement and the transcript of my PhD study. Later I was contacted by the manager for an online interview process over skype. The interview went for 2 hours. In the interview I was basically asked questions about my PhD research topic. I was also asked about my understanding about the current project in which I would be hired and about my learnings from projects that I was a part of in the past. Moreover it was a very informal discussion and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• When I was asked about few very finer technical details about a project, which I was a part of 6 years ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary is standardized there is no way to negotiate!

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Antibes (France)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Inria (Antibes (France)) in April 2013.

Interview

First, I had a phone call with my future director. After this, I came for a job talk in the lab. The goal was to present myself in person and meet the people of the team. So, I had a presentation of an hour, in English, on the morning. In the afternoon, I had to meet every people of the team. All in all, it lasted one day and all people were very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about some research projects you have done.   1 Answer

Doctorant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Inria (Paris (France)) in August 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed via Skype. The interview took about 30 minutes or a bit more. They asked my around 5 or 7 questions about my qualifications, experiences, and interest regarding the future work.

Doctorant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Inria.

Interview

L'entretient eu lieu directement avec les encadrants de thèse. 3 entretient assez longs (de 1 à plus de 2 heures), intéressants (discussion sur plusieurs thèmes étudiés par l'équipe, ainsi que mes centres d'intérêts et les actions potentiels à développer pendant la thèse) et enrichissants.