Insight Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Insight Consulting Group

Qualitative Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an employee to the HR director. We chatted over the phone, then I went in and met with the senior team that I would be working on (3 women), and then about a week later I had a final interview with the VP for about an hour where I had to show a writing sample and go over how I preferred to learn. Everything leaned very informal.

Interview Questions

• Focus on fit seemed really important to them, so I was asked a lot about culture, learning/management style, what I wanted to learn, how I interact with a team, etc.   Answer Question

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a basic conversational interview format where you're asked to discuss what you're interested in, what your career goals are, and why you want to work there. You don't need to do much research on the company. I looked into the company extensively on LinkedIn, and the whole place is full of recent female grads from Arizona State, Loyola, and Madison. Their "Director of Market Research" is (another woman) who has 6.5 years of work experience - total. No wonder all of the GlassDoor reviews complain about lack of managerial experience. And, the firm is run by two men. Frankly, I'd be kind of embarrassed if I were them, but their LinkedIn employee list was pretty representative of their in-person staff too.

The interviewer stressed that I should follow up with "any questions" and would definitely be in touch. Of course, I've heard nothing and my emails have been ignored. I need to bleach my hair a brighter shade of blonde, I guess...and maybe I shouldn't have skipped Rush week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What are your career goals?   Answer Question

Recruiting Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Consulting Group in October 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview . Then met with the hiring director who was very open about the position, responsibilities & work environment. It was not so formal which made it more personable. I met with the one of the partners who waa very welcoming I was nervous but he was very laid back that I quickly saw his passion for the company & overall genuine care for his employees.

Interview Questions

• Typical what could bring to our company, how I handle certain situations etc   Answer Question

Qualitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Insight Consulting Group.

Interview

So many problems, where to begin? I received an e-mail about four months ago asking for a phone interview with ICG. I took said interview, and was asked to complete an assessment of 50 single-spaced pages for qualitative analysis. “Alright, “ I told myself, “this seems excessive considering they are making interview #2 contingent on this” so I did some digging, and found out that they were using data from a current study to judge candidates—in other words, they were FARMING FREE LABOR, with the same position being posted on multiple jobs boards for over 5 months. They even ask you to make the presentation such that it could stand on its own without your presence! If this doesn’t bring up red flags, nothing will—they are not interested in what the candidate brings to the table when it comes to client relations, only the analysis, which they can easily get from desperate graduates who will do the work for free and then be dismissed.
    So I didn’t bother replying. Several months later I received another e-mail from them, this time asking for an in-person interview. The craziest thing about this they didn’t seem to know that they had interviewed me before, and introduced themselves as if this was the first time communicating. For a large company, this would be understandable, but this is a very small company, which means the left and right hands are completely out of sync. Walking in the door it became immediately obvious that they are penny-pinchers, with a dozen kids crammed into a small room that occupies their entire workspace. None of the employees had their own desk or suitable space to lay out work materials.

I’m then told a second interview will take place. Everything seems positive. And then I get the same e-mail with the 50 pages to analyze. Again, the fact that it is clearly not a dummy data set but rather one that is on an active account should throw you—serious companies do not do this, they find old data from accounts that are no longer active. Also be warned, if you’re interested in qualitative analysis, the company doesn’t make use of any qualitative analytical software (NVivo, Atlas Ti, etc) and the reason explicitly told to me was that they don’t want to spend the money to get licensing on these programs. This is another way of saying that analysts are on their own, without any real company support.
    In short, stay away from this place, don’t waste your time spending a week to give them a golden goose—after you work for free for them for a week, there’s no guarantee they’ll hire you on, anyways.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Insight Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

Honestly, it was horrible. The interviewer was extremely distracted and didn't pay any attention to what I was saying. Throughout the interview, she consistently interrupted me to start talking to another co-worker while I was still on the other line. She told me to email her later and when I did so, she didn't reply. I followed-up. Still no reply. I've never faced such unprofessionalism in my entire life. Thank goodness I didn't get an offer (or an email rejection, or anything for that matter...), because there is no way I would ever want to work for this company anyway.

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insight Consulting Group (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Online application, interview. (Future second interview and written assignment/in-tray exercise)
    I arrived and was interviewed by an Account Manager. I was asked questions relating to the organisation, my capabilities and skills, and also general questions on the political outlook of certain sectors.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Insight Consulting Group in January 2011.

Interview

The interviewer was not interested. She was completely distracted and asked extremely vague questions while being somewhat condescending. The interviewer was extremely unprofessional. However, don't let this color your view of the company. It could have been just that one employee since their website does look interesting and was what brought me to the company in the first place.