Inter-American Development Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 3, 2017

2.9

Resource Planning Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

You apply in its website
    A HR person calls you for an interview and send you a test you have to answer in advance to measure some skills and also personality according with the position you applied. This test was a little difficult
    The interviewers are 5-7 people, 1 person from HRD, the person who will be your supervisor, 2-3 more people who works in similar positions.

Interview Questions

• What things would you improve to this job? Your major weakness, strength   Answer Question
    • What challenges I will expect when working there   Answer Question

Business Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was long and the Human Resources representative wasn't responsive or helpful. It is better to follow up with the members of the team directly. HR did not notify that I hadn't been selected until 6 months later. This was after three rounds of interviews and several months and resources dedicated to the process.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied on the website, but would have not landed the job if it wasn't because I knew a person inside.
    The interview was a 3 person panel: a technical specialist, HR person, and another specialist from an unrelated area of expertise.

Interview Questions

• Technical skills
      "Why the IDB?"

The interview was bilingual (engl/spa)   Answer Question

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Contacted via LinkedIn
    Interviewed by Human Resources
    Panel Interview with Hiring Manager, HR and there more people.

Panel interview was mostly in English focus on past experience and behavioral events.

I didn’t received an offer as I was overqualified for the job and they couldn’t offer me a promotion. Within the next three years.

Feedback was good, recruitment process moved quickly. Great people.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed two times. The first with two managers from the office I had applied for (around one hour) and another with a person from another area of the bank (around 15 minutes).

Font Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

Very informal and subjective interview, in my opinion. Your success depends a lot on your networking skills and whether they like you. Of course, you do need a strong background in what the job is asking. Try to win over the interviewers and swear you want to change the world.

After the panel approves you, HR will contact you 2 or 3 references and ask them about you. Have them prepared for this call. Also, the IDB does not run any medical or drug tests at least at the consultant level.

Interview Questions

• Considering that you are overqualified, what are your future plans?   1 Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

Very good process, there were 5 people asking easy questions about my qualifications and what I expected of them, they told me everything about the job and put some cases and what would I do if one of them came up

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online. They called one month later and scheduled the interview for the next day. I was interviewed by a panel of 5 researchers. The interviewed were very polite and friendly.

Interview Questions

• First, they explained what they were looking for, then asked for a resume questions, and finally technical questions.   Answer Question

ITE/IPP Governance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

The emphasis was on my professional experience more than my education background, which came as a great surprise. They willingly answered all the questions I had regarding the duties of the position and what they expected from the hired.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Very friendly interview, not aggressive as other finance industries. It is oriented only to people with an international affairs background focused in Latin America and a little in the Caribbean. Must know someone inside the Bank - as anywhere else, but the process is up to the manager who can take 2 weeks to hire you or 3 months, depending on their budget/demand.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do for the region (Latam)?   1 Answer