Inter-American Development Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.9

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied on the website, but would have not landed the job if it wasn't because I knew a person inside.
    The interview was a 3 person panel: a technical specialist, HR person, and another specialist from an unrelated area of expertise.

Interview Questions

• Technical skills
      "Why the IDB?"

The interview was bilingual (engl/spa)
      Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed two times. The first with two managers from the office I had applied for (around one hour) and another with a person from another area of the bank (around 15 minutes).

Font Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

Very informal and subjective interview, in my opinion. Your success depends a lot on your networking skills and whether they like you. Of course, you do need a strong background in what the job is asking. Try to win over the interviewers and swear you want to change the world.

After the panel approves you, HR will contact you 2 or 3 references and ask them about you. Have them prepared for this call. Also, the IDB does not run any medical or drug tests at least at the consultant level.

Interview Questions

• Considering that you are overqualified, what are your future plans?   1 Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

Very good process, there were 5 people asking easy questions about my qualifications and what I expected of them, they told me everything about the job and put some cases and what would I do if one of them came up

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online. They called one month later and scheduled the interview for the next day. I was interviewed by a panel of 5 researchers. The interviewed were very polite and friendly.

Interview Questions

• First, they explained what they were looking for, then asked for a resume questions, and finally technical questions.   Answer Question

ITE/IPP Governance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

The emphasis was on my professional experience more than my education background, which came as a great surprise. They willingly answered all the questions I had regarding the duties of the position and what they expected from the hired.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Very friendly interview, not aggressive as other finance industries. It is oriented only to people with an international affairs background focused in Latin America and a little in the Caribbean. Must know someone inside the Bank - as anywhere else, but the process is up to the manager who can take 2 weeks to hire you or 3 months, depending on their budget/demand.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do for the region (Latam)?   1 Answer

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a few days later for an interview. I was interviewed by a panel of 4 researchers who explained first what they were looking for, then resume questions, and finally more technical questions. I also had a day to respond an assessment they sent after the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was called from the government of a Latin American country to advise on expanding the government supported child care centers, what would be my recommendation.   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank.

Interview

There were 2 interviews for this position, first with the team and a member of human resources (5 people) and a second interview with the head of the department. Very basic cookie cutter questions. I had 2 separate interviews while at the IDB and heard of many others from fellow coworkers, it seems that most interviews fell into this same category.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about yourself
      Q: Tell us about a difficult decision you had to make.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank.

Interview

super easy and not intimidating, just be prepared with typical answers to interview questions, make sure to wear business professional attire because the environment is classy. The employees were helpful in finding the right room to interview as well

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be good at this job? Can you speak Spanish and/or Portuguese?   Answer Question