Intermolecular Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Intermolecular

2.8

Patent Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intermolecular (San Jose, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

An independent recruiter sent me their job description and asked me to tailor my resume for their industry. I said sure, put my resume in, and they did. There was a brief phone interview. Before the holidays I met in-person with the head of the department. After the holidays I met in-person with entire department (one or two at a time) and HR.

Interview Questions

• "Why does our quantitative output goal seem to bother you? Nobody else had any issues with it."   1 Answer

Negotiation

They're very "take-it-or-leave-it," but they discussed, e.g., what past bonuses had been.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intermolecular (San Jose, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

talk to director, then manager, then lunch and group of colleagues, then technical testing on blackboard

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intermolecular (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First, go through phone interview; then, on-site interview three weeks later. interviewers are very friendly and the questions are not really difficult. Just prepare with your resume and technical background

Position Interview

Interview

Submitted my resume online. A few weeks later I scheduled a phone call with the hiring manager. That lasted about 30 minutes, very basic get-to-know-you questions. Then we had an in person interview, 4 different people, each for about a half hour. Months later they called me and offered the job.

The process was very easy and not intimidating.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They have never made a profit so negotiating is difficult. I got them to come up a little.

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

phone interview. Pretty smooth. Lots of behavior questions and some of technical questions. Will need to follow up with them for onsite interview. Takes about 30mins for the phone interview. Overall is easy and friendly

Device Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intermolecular (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Phone interview by the hiring manager first, followed by an onsite interview.

Phone interview: Mostly technical questions on conventional semiconductor devices. Some questions on thesis research.

On-site interview: Presentation on thesis research. Six interviewers with 45 minutes for each interview. Hiring manager mostly asked more in-depth technical questions on semiconductors and thesis research, whereas the remaining interviews were a mixture of technical questions, interests, etc.

Interview Questions

• What are the different interface states extraction methods, and their differences   Answer Question