International Paint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at International Paint

2.6

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at International Paint (Houston, TX) in July 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people. 1) HR screening person. This person didn't have any job specific knowledge so just make sure you have all of the key words for the position as part of your answers. Nothing to it. 2) Hiring Manager. Asked quite a few technical questions to make sure you weren't bluffing but most things high level and nothing to specific. 3) Regional IT director: Make sure you stay classy and respectful and show that you can add value to the organization and how based on what they are hiring you for.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you can work well with teams and also without much direction sometimes. They won't be all over you watching every move but if you are lazy you will build a reputation as such and will not be considered for advancement. Just like most places, if you work smart and offer up good ideas proactively on a consistent basis, you will build a good reputation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

A couple back and forth on the phone with salary. They would not negotiate vacation time after you are hired and offered a promotion so make sure to negotiate this up front when you get hired!!!

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at International Paint (Houston, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

First a phone interview. You are then referred to an online assessment of your motivations. You are then invited to Houston to interview with three or four people in one day. They make an offer, you counter. A month after you are employed you find the things you negotiated for have been denied because the hiring manager did not have the authority to commit to smart phones and 4 weeks of vacation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. However, they lied to me and said the items were approved. One month later they informed me the regional manager did not have the authority to offer a smart phone or 4 weeks paid vacation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Strongsville, OH

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at International Paint (Strongsville, OH) in August 2010.

Interview

You start with a phone interview, followed by a group of interviews with approximately 3-4 people, and there is also a group exercise you will complete with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What would you say you liked least about your current position?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasir Gudang (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at International Paint (Pasir Gudang (Malaysia)) in August 2010.

Interview

The employer conducted an interview almost immediately after a phone interview. There was numerous test to gauge the personality ratings for the senior management to understand the candidates reasoning. However the senior manager may belittle the candidate in a sheer show of shallow management concepts adapted and paractised.

Interview Questions

• How can you contribute to the company with your skills and experience?   Answer Question

Logistics Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at International Paint (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in May 2010.

Interview

Interview with hiring manager, plus competency test, nothing difficult. Also interview with HR and personality test.

Gave me a bad impression on the company, firstly had to find my own way from reception to the office.
    HR was very un professional, feedback was delayed and delayed until the point they were not replying to emails. I received another offer and was curious to see how bad the HR process was. Took over 2 months for feedback after calling up and emailing several times. Delay was cited to being busy and holidays. I would suggest it was due to HR incompetence.
    Not a very good advert for Akzo Nobel, or international paints.