International Rectifier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

International Rectifier Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2017

2.8

Equipment Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at International Rectifier in October 2014.

Interview

Asked questions regaring Ion Implant experiance, behavior, and technical. The company never paid my travel expensese. they booked me on a flight that required me to pay for my own seating and baggage checkin. Cost me $170. If you Go for a interview make sure thay pay up front.

did not like the area

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Rectifier (Temecula, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very well handled. Walking into the company's building it was very professional. I was interviewed by 4 people from different departments. All of them were very knowledgeable about the position. They were very focused on the areas of concern about the position. They stuck to the scheduled that was prearranged. All interviewers were on time and very professional.

Interview Questions

• The first interviewer gave me a break down of the job then asked if i had questions. It took me off guard because even though he gave me a very detailed description he handle the most pressing question in his description.   Answer Question

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Rectifier (El Segundo, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

They have interviews for a candidate one full day - 8 hrs.
    There are 6 personnels taking your interview for 1 hr each.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Rectifier (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

I got a call from recruiter and next day i was having interview with panel. There was 3 interviewer and one HR. Interview Questions was pretty straight forward and easy to answer. Only one interviewer was good technically rest two was asking questions like fresher. One interviewer asked me a technical question but was himself confused for the answer.

Interview Questions

• one of the panel member asked me Why i want to join this company when I am already working with one of the good companies in USA. This was surprising. interviewer himself showed interest in joining my company.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at International Rectifier.

Interview

My interview process took full day. I was quite surprised to have a daylong interview. Each of the colleagues and senior bosses had a face-face discussion for about one hour. they were asking about the technical details related to the position. Be sure you become familiar with the position before you go to interview. At last I met with HR. I was told that I will be informed of the decision in a week. Good news, I was selected.

Interview Questions

• Asked to explain the situations how I handled a problem and helped resolve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Most of the negotiation went though email and phone. First they sent me an offer and the negotiation starts from there. They were not very flexible in terms of pay negotiation and said what they offered was the best they could.

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at International Rectifier (El Segundo, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied for opportunity online. Contacted a month or so later by recruiter. Phone interview with recruiter followed by phone interview by hiring manager. Then no additional contact. Beware, the firm seems to be very CPA and Big 4 oriented even for internal and management accounting or finance positions.... CPA should only be of value for external reporting and analysis roles....

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work here?
      What is your experience with SAP?
      What is your knowledge of cost accounting?
      Answer Question

Exchange 2010 Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Rectifier (Tempe, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview consisted of a one hour block with two persons asking technical questions. The questions lacked depth and proper techniques to access my skill level. The interviewer's did not have good knowledge of their standing AD and email environment. The technology they plan on deploying I've been working with for several years. One short technical interview should not have been a determining factor to my employment.

Interview Questions

• These questions were pretty easy and predictable. At no point was I surprised at the questions being asked of me.   Answer Question

Device Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at International Rectifier (Temecula, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

1:1 interview with 5-6 group members, 30-45 min each, I found questions were coordinated to cover different aspects of technical back ground and level of proficiency.
    lunch with hiring manager.
    HR review benefit, start date .. etc

Interview Questions

• 1.describe semiconductor process flow. 2. explain latch-up. 3.defects types and cause   1 Answer

Negotiation

i don't remember there was negotiation.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at International Rectifier (El Segundo, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

recommend by employee referral
    get phone interview first around a week
    Onsite interview later with peer engineer, hiring manager, HR and VP.
    People are professional
    Take about 2 weeks to get feedback
    Accept offer

Interview Questions

• Based on my resume and ask questions . Detail technical questions are asked such as how is ZVS is achieved.   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at International Rectifier (El Segundo, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Interview process was long and tedious, but the company covered all travel cost. Interviews were partly very technical in nature, but also covered in detail all other aspects of job. Interviews were conducted by various executive levels from different departments. Interview grading were rather objective and fair. Succeeding in the interview meant that I truly deserved the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your current job role & how can you contribute towards the role you are applying for?   Answer Question