International Rectifier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

International Rectifier Interview Questions

2.8

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at International Rectifier in May 2011.

Interview

The hiring manager found my resume on monster.com, and called me directly. there are one round phone interview, and 2 rounds in-person interviews. Meet with hiring manager first and then her manager and HR director.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at International Rectifier (El Segundo, CA) in December 2008.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, and met many people including VPs and engineers

Negotiation

as is.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at International Rectifier (El Segundo, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

recommend by employee referral
    get phone interview first around a week
    Onsite interview later with peer engineer, hiring manager, HR and VP.
    People are professional
    Take about 2 weeks to get feedback
    Accept offer

Interview Questions

• Based on my resume and ask questions . Detail technical questions are asked such as how is ZVS is achieved.   Answer Question

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Rectifier (El Segundo, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

They have interviews for a candidate one full day - 8 hrs.
    There are 6 personnels taking your interview for 1 hr each.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at International Rectifier (Temecula, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was straight forward. I applied for a position and within a few days I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. Within 24 hours of the interview, I was contacted to schedule an on-site interview, which consisted of face-to-face meetings with 5 people. 2 days after the interview, I received an offer from the internal recruiter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was more than generous. I chose not to negotiate.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Rectifier (El Segundo, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

The hiring manager first contacted me for a phone interview. After that, I was invited for an on-site interview after about a week. The on-site interview took a whole day. Interviews were all one-to-one, and there were about 8 people in total, including one person from HR and the rest from the teams that I will be working with. Then, they contacted me about a week later to give me an offer.

Interview Questions

• what are the main device parameters that you should specify when running a SPICE model?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Rectifier (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2010.

Interview

People asked questions on the resume. Some small talks. Not really many technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example that how you dealt with conflict between colleagues   Answer Question

IC Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at International Rectifier (Temecula, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager in at IRF's Temecula site (a phone conversation of approximately 90 minutes had preceded, by a week or so, the on-site visit).

Pretty standard technical/engineering interview - met with some of the technical staff, the hiring manager, and his department manager. The discussions covered my past experiences (what types of work I had done, what problems or issues were faced, and how they were resolved), and some probing of my knowledge of their technology and product line - mainly, what is a HEXFET, how might it be different than a typical FET, and what are the possible advantages of this geometry for the intended application (high power and high current). The last point was fairly easy to describe in general (lower channel resistance and more immunity to punch-through effects), since I had taken the time to read a bit about HEXFETS (including one of the original patents!) ahead of time.

Each of the interview team talked about the work each of them did, day to day, and week to week.

The hiring manager did ask how I might feel about working for someone younger than me (he was probably 5-7 years younger). For me, that's not an issue (I told him that), but an interesting question.

Overall, the folks there were pretty friendly and well-organized; it was a worthwhile exploratory visit, though I didn't receive an offer. I think they may have been hoping to find someone local (I was not).

One final note: When I submitted my trip expense report - mainly, rental car (their usual vendor was booked; they used another with whom they did NOT have direct billing), (local) airport parking, and meals, I did have to chase down the repayment, and was finally paid with a series of Vanilla Visa cards whose sum total was ALMOST (they were on the low side) of the expense report total. Kind of an odd way to do it - especially since Vanilla Visa cards cannot be deposited into a bank account - you HAVE to use them at merchants, and if you only use part of a card, you have to keep track of how much is remaining. If you're buying something that costs more than the amount remaining, you have to ask the merchant to enter only the amount remaining, and then pay for the remainder another way. MAJOR headache. STAY AWAY from Vanilla Visa cards at all costs!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the HEXFET geometry (the layout of the devices), and why would this particular geometry be an advantage for the applications in which HEXFETs are normally used?   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at International Rectifier (El Segundo, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

The initial phone interview went well and I was asked in for an in person interview. The in person interview was a panel interview with the manager I spoke to on the phone, another manager and the director. The manager asked the other why he was doing the in person interview because he already did the phone interview, and he said that he wanted to make sure the director thought his decision to bring me in was okay. Then when the director came in he didn't smile and wasn't all too pleasant and the two managers kept looking at him for approval and cues on how they should act. It didn't look like a healthy relationship and I think the director didn't trust the managers and probably micromanaged them and the managers looked almost scared of the director. The managers didn't ask questions but the director did all the talking. In the end I was not offered the position because they said my answers were evasive. The director asked me how I calculated NPV at my last job, so I told him the process of how I gathered the revenue stream estimates, expenditures, WACC, and all the rest of the information and the different departments and levels of management I interacted with. He apparently had wanted me to recite the NPV equation for him and because I didn't he decided I was evasive.

Interview Questions

• After asking me about my biggest weakness the director said "okay, now tell me another one."   1 Answer

Device Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at International Rectifier (Temecula, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

1:1 interview with 5-6 group members, 30-45 min each, I found questions were coordinated to cover different aspects of technical back ground and level of proficiency.
    lunch with hiring manager.
    HR review benefit, start date .. etc

Interview Questions

• 1.describe semiconductor process flow. 2. explain latch-up. 3.defects types and cause   1 Answer

Negotiation

i don't remember there was negotiation.