Internet Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Internet Marketing

Sort:

Social Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Internet Marketing (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The entire process took about a month. A week after I applied, I recieved an email to schedule a phone screening through the Las Vegas office. I was then set up with an interview date a couple of weeks thereafter at the San Diego office. I met with a panel of 3 people who were all really friendly and made the process feel less nerve-wracking with a professional, yet casual vibe. They asked me some questions about what I would do in hypothetical client situations. I was emailed a week after from the phone screener that they went with someone else. I appreciated their honesty and their straightforward process throughout.

Interview Questions

• What is a current brand that you feel is doing well right now and why?   Answer Question
    • What three blogs do you follow regularly?   Answer Question

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Internet Marketing (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Multiple calls and in-persons. Not clear how many rounds of interviews were needed. Poor communication on next steps and timing. Confusion about role applied for and role actually available. Some of the people that interviewed didn't speak that highly of the company. Prolonged period of time.

Interview Questions

• why did you leave your last job   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Internet Marketing.

Interview

A few rounds, moved fairly quickly. Not too difficult, but didn't answer many of my questions. Each person I met with seemed to have a different idea of the role, and focused a lot on what could be of benefit to them personally, or their top clients.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer working in-house or with an agency?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Internet Marketing (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The lady in charge of HR (not sure if i am allowed to use her name here) seemed really nice and friendly. She gave me a tour, talked about the company to me, and told me she would get back to me within the next week. I felt like i would fit in and the lady told me i seemed like a good fit and we could figure out an arrangement. I was really excited to help out with everything she had told me about and work for a company that i admired.

When a week passed and i hadn't received any information, I decided to send an email. I got no response so i called. The lady told me she was very busy and that i should call the next week. I called and emailed but never received any reply which was extremely unprofessional. If the lady was so busy she should have hired someone to help her. I know she saw my calls and emails and never responded.

Don't make it seem like you want to hire someone at an interview and then use the excuse of being busy to avoid telling them that you were wrong and you are not going to hire them after all. If you are in charge of HR you need to learn how to be more up front with people and being dishonest will not get you far in life (i know this HR lady just recently got a lot more work because someone left the company but i hope she is figuring this out and never treats anyone else like this). The honest thing to do is let someone know if your company is not interested in them, because why should people be so willing to invest their time in your company if you're not willing to spend a couple minutes to send them an email?

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that would be helpful in this position?   Answer Question

Senior Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Internet Marketing (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Took over a month, interview over email with questions, then interview in-house, then another one with team members. Finally I had to give a power point presentation about myself and skills.

Designer Interview

Interview

They called me right away, less than a day after I applied. The company is very casual and conversational in interviews and made me feel very comfortable. They took time to look at my work before my interview and while they decided to hire someone else, I felt like the interviewing was a really professional process.

Interview Questions

• What are your top skills and would be a struggle to overcome in the workplace?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Internet Marketing (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Sent in a resume from a job posting and received a call for an in-person interview shortly after submitting resume. It was a group interview surprisingly. Everyone came in at different times which meant I repeated my answers over and over to each new interviewer. I honestly didn’t even know that the last person who came into the interview was the would-be manager because he was on his cellphone and “interviewed” me with his head down, occasionally looking at the phone and absolutely no eye contact.

Other than that observation the interview was casual, a bit ambiguous with the questions which made answering them a challenge. Overall they seemed like a nice group of people and the CEO was really engaging.

Didn’t hear a response for weeks then got an email from the receptionist that the position had been filled by another candidate. I’m not so sure I would’ve taken any offer anyway. The offices are dark, crammed with desks and eerily quite. Apparently they don’t (or didn’t at the time of my interview) even have an HR person which made me wonder about things that were not discussed like employee benefits, 401k (not sure if they offer one), etc. Every employee I met was really nice so the culture might have been fun. But the interview experience felt unprepared and some parts of it unprofessional.

My advice: if you go in for an interview, interview them. Ask them about where they are structure wise, benefits wise. Put them in the interviewee’s chair to make sure this is a company you want to work for.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Internet Marketing (San Diego, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone interview assessing work experience and skill assessment to understand my level related to the position I was applying. There were a multitude of questions around personality and problem solving to assess the culture fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• How would your last boss describe you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy

Internet Marketing Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Internet Marketing (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Screen interview over the phone - skill sets, availability,
    In-person 1:1 with several people. Several interviews were set up. Focus on culture fit, examples of my work, and how I would work with others. Overall, it was a fairly standard interview process. I had HR review benefits etc.
    I met with a few other employees.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Internet Marketing in February 2015.

Interview

Director really wanted to fill the roll, so interview process only took about a week. 2 in person interviews followed by a presentation on "Why IMI should hire me" followed by a Q&A session. Very good experience and awesome interview experience. I was hired about 2 days later and started the following week.