Internet Marketing Ninjas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Internet Marketing Ninjas

Ninja Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Internet Marketing Ninjas (Clifton Park, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

The CEO wants to interview everyone. I don't know why because he forgets your name anyway. He likes to talk about how all these rockstars have worked here and how awesome he is and how he met the people who started Google.

Your manager interviews you too, sometimes with other people in the room. The questions are kind of basic to see if you know how to follow directions or not

Interview Questions

• What is the answer to life the universe and everything?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Interview

3-5 person interview. My process was completed in one day and they hired me that day. The training was great and the office culture is good. Interviews are friendly and not intimidating. I felt very comfortable.

Senior PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Internet Marketing Ninjas (Clifton Park, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

I went through an online application and was later contacted via email. After some initial emails to determine a face-to-face meeting. I went in to meet their head of development and who I can only assume was their second in charge.

They had me talk a little about my experience and described the position and company a little.

Then they grilled me with some fairly easy but 'senior' level questions to make sure I had the knowledge that is expected of a senior level developer. For example, "What's an abstract base class", Stuff that on single question level someone could just know from a class or from reading but taken as a whole shows that you have a well-rounded knowledge of the position.

They then informed me that I the next stages were for me to do a "small" programming project for them and then I would talk to Jim Boykin, the owner of the business.

Well, this small programming assignment took a total of about 8 hours when you include the research to accomplish the task. If I had by chance already done a similar assignment it would have only been a few hours. But since I hadn't used a particular API that it required it took quite a while. Suffice it to say I wouldn't consider that a "small" programming assignment.

I did not get the position. I was informed via email that the position was removed and no one would be hired. I was later informed by an associate that they have been known to have applicants program something in the interview process and then use the code without hiring the applicant. The fact is the employer got me to program something that took hours and they now have the code to use should they want to. Sleeziest thing I've ever dealt with when going through the hiring process. I would not recommend anyone ever applying for a programming position here.

Interview Questions

• Not really a question, but it would be the programming assignment they had me code up. Difficult because it took eight hours of time to research and then code up.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton Park, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Internet Marketing Ninjas (Clifton Park, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Very casual, but thorough. They explained the direction they wanted to take the company in the coming months. I met with 3 executives, each in their offices. I was briefed on the way the company managed it's employees. The questions were more personality than skills based.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in changing careers?   1 Answer

Content Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton Park, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Internet Marketing Ninjas (Clifton Park, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

It was not what I expected. Since I had no experience, the interviewers were more interested in me and not about the job. It was great and I felt welcome like I was part of the family before I even got hired. I answered a couple of easy questions and took a typing test.

Interview Questions

• How many hours are you able to work per week.   1 Answer

Linkbuilder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Internet Marketing Ninjas (Clifton Park, NY).

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted for an interview within two weeks. The interview was on a Wednesday or Thursday and I heard back the next Monday morning. The interview was very laid back and relaxed, and the atmosphere eased my nerves. I was interviewed by the manger of the department I would join and two people working in the department. I thought I did a terrible job but I ended up getting an offer. It was confusing getting into the building because the signs do not effectively describe where the offices are located.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Had one day to decide if I would accept the offer. Unfortunately, I could not negotiate the pay rate.

Linkbuilder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Internet Marketing Ninjas (Clifton Park, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

An enjoyable conversation about who you are, who they are, and an honest evaluation if those two things will mesh well. Know yourself and be prepared to speak about who you are and what you really want out of a job

Interview Questions

• talk about yourself, and not about work   1 Answer

Content Marketing Ninja Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Internet Marketing Ninjas (Clifton Park, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

A woman scheduled the interview and emailed me the details and that it would be a team interviewing me. I followed the manager to a small room where two other people sat, in the dark (and one who looked cold). Why no lights? That was weird. They asked me standard interview questions, but didn't get into the actual task behind what I would be doing--which would really be linkbuilding and, basically, spamming potential clients to pitch their content articles. I was told to stop the manager if it didn't fit my needs, and so I did. I told him I didn't feel comfortable doing email blasts. He appreciated my honesty.