Invitation Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

1. Featured Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Invitation Homes (Denver, CO) in April 2018.

Interview

Very professional sit down with the operations directors. They asked me about myself and experience. I asked them questions about the company and they answered. Finally they asked in a perfect world when would i like to start.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Invitation Homes   1 Answer

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Invitation Homes (Chicago, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process was not very informal. The people doing the interview were not very good at interviewing and I thought that someone from upper management should of been doing the interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can do this job without any problems. Not being told exactly what the position consist of or having the proper training is going to make it difficult to answer when they are very vague on the job description.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary and benefits.

Construction Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Invitation Homes (Roseville, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied for an open position as Superintendent for Invitation homes. At the interview we discussed deadlines, scheduling, crossing t's and dotting i's, and budget organization. Great company to work for and a great crew in Northern California.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Invitation Homes in June 2019.

Interview

The entire process took around 2 weeks. Straightforward and quick.

I applied online, and was contacted by the Director of Engineering to speak with him for an hour. It was about 40 minutes of technical questions across the entire stack since it was for a Full Stack position. Nothing out of ordinary, mostly fundamental stuffs that you'd know. The interviewer was really nice and helped me towards the right direction if I seemed a bit lost. Ended the interview with live coding 2 algorithm questions. Nothing too hard, Leetcode easy level.

Was invited for an onsite a week later. The team was very pleasant and everyone was nice and funny. Same format as the first one but longer interview. The team asked me questions about my past projects, concepts from React, JavaScript fundamentals, nothing out of ordinary here either. Ended with 2 Leetcode easy-med questions.

I solved all the algorithm problems, spoke out loud through my thinking process and did pretty well with concepts questions but didn't end up getting an offer. Requested for feedback but never heard back.

All in all, nice group of people.

Interview Questions

• What happens under the hood when you use this.setState in React?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Invitation Homes (Corona, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Meeting with regional director, questions based on knowledge of geographic area and some behavioral questions. Mentioned which areas brokers are most bullish on and if I agreed with their assessments. Asked me about my capacity to multi task and whether I was good at juggling work.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Invitation Homes (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was great, location was great, interview seems knowledgeable about the position. It would not be difficult to transition into the position. It seemed most people in the office were busy. The room for the interview was a closet.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Invitation Homes (Bellevue, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

Very rushed

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They refused to negotiate

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Invitation Homes (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

My first meeting with the team was a telephonic interview with some of the senior members to discuss my background and take a quick code test. We touched on my experience with JavaScript, SQL (PG), React, Node, testing frameworks, and my general opinions and experiences as a programmer. At the conclusion of this meeting we scheduled an in-person meeting with the rest of the team. The team was friendly and asked pointed and difficult questions, but were gracious and helpful when I was unable to answer. Overall I felt great about the interview process and couldn't wait to start!

Assistant Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Invitation Homes (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy he had no questions about my background. Did not but small talk about where I'm from and family. Talked about the real estate courses. Told me about the position. Was late interviewing me i waited almost an hour to be interviewed. The other interviewer didn't show up.

Interview Questions

• What i plan to with my real estate license?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Invitation Homes.

Interview

Quick interview with the portfolio manager and they office manager. Had a copy of my resume and looked through the resume prior, was asking about the things that would be a goal of mine in order to take on the role.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience and background?
      What is you goal within the role you are apply for?
      Do you know what our company does/specailizes in?
      Do you know what the day to day duties are in your role?   1 Answer

Assistant Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Invitation Homes (Roseville, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Everyone was pleasant and professional. I met with 6 people in three separate interviews. Seemed like a fantastic place to work. I asked if they all enjoyed their jobs and they said that they did. That is very important to me. I just wish they would have called to follow up as promised.