KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 278 of over 295 reviews

3.4
Invitation Homes President and CEO Dallas Tanner
Dallas Tanner
Pros
  • "This is the beginning of my adventure with Invitation Homes; I will give a review in 6 months as to how my experience is going(in 19 reviews)

• "Benefits are good, insurance is good(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There is a general fear of making decisions by management due to micromanaging from upper-management(in 15 reviews)

• "I would never recommend anyone to rent from IH either(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years
      Featured Review

Best Decision I Ever Made!

Jun 17, 2021 - Vice President, Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

Invitation Homes will treat you like family, not an employee. No yelling and screaming about challenges, just collaboration and ideas. Your ideas are not only welcomed here, they are embraced. It is a very challenging company due to the pace and ingenuity around every corner, which is awesome because you will learn so much from the amazing leaders in this company. If you work hard and apply what you learn, you will be rewarded. In 7.5 years here, I have been promoted 3 times. Coming to this company helped me meet so many friends that I now consider family and it also changed the trajectory of my entire life. I have been so supported and have been able to partner with great mentors. It is absolutely the best decision I have ever made.

Cons

I cant say it simply enough...if you don't want to put the work in, and you don't care about being number 1, this is not the place for you! Complacency and average have no home here. I don't consider this a con but, if you are someone who prefers to be a bare minimum performer, this would be a con for you.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Wonderful Company focused on Genuine Care

Jun 18, 2021 - Portfolio Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Invitation Homes makes providing our residents with excellent customer service it’s #1 priority. The company respects team members and assists with our growth and development.

Cons

Field management team members do not have office which lends to distractions throughout the day.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Better trained, experienced, and more mature people managers needed! Bait & switch on newly-created positions.

Jun 17, 2021 - Marketing Manager in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I didn't have a positive experience. The only pro might be that this is a small, tight-knit group.

Cons

Be careful when accepting a newly-created position. You will be tasked with lower-level busy work. Not the job you interviewed for. No time to assimilate or course correct. Dysfunctional tactics like extreme micromanagement, control over communicating with business partners, and eggshell walking, condescension and inability to manage up, passive-aggressive behavior and gaslighting when they want you off the team. The insurance didn't even cover one of my (common) medications I take regularly. This has never happened in 15 years of insurance coverage with this Rx.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Organization That Truly Cares for Their Associates

Jun 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growing Business that is the leader in the industry Competitive compensation and benefits package Great leadership that is always accessible

Cons

Competitive industry with a lot of new competitors entering the market. This makes it hard to find talent in a tight labor market.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Growing collaborative business

Jun 17, 2021 - RTM Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative business that's growing causing opportunity for growth

Cons

We are a pioneer in an industry so we are constantly developing and improving

Invitation Homes Response

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are growing fast and we couldn't have said it better - collaboration is a key part of our growing & and positive work environment.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work!

Jun 17, 2021 - Human Resources in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, flex schedules, good benefits and interesting work!

Cons

Lots of changes, but worthwhile investments once complete.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Jun 16, 2021 - Accountant in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers. Progressive working environment that is always evolving to make employees feel comfortable.

Cons

Lots of meetings about meetings

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

New hire

Jun 13, 2021 - Superintendent in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is good and the co-workers are all very friendly and helpful.

Cons

I dont see any issues with the company specifically, only that is a large corporation, and so is ran as such.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee

Best in the industry

Jan 7, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

It took a lot of years and a lot of growing pains for IH to get where they are today and as one of the original crew I speak from experience, there's no one in the industry who's further along in process structure and operations, period. I have since worked for a few competitors and they are where IH was about 2-3 yrs ago, no joke it's noticeable. Take it from someone who spent many years helping pave the way for IH's future workforce, if you're looking for a job that's one dimensional, or won't require you to perform, IH is not the place for you. There's going to be lots (and lots) of volume but if you can manage it and find your flow you'll never be bored lol, seriously you'll have a long career with loads of job security. You'll also learn a ton about real estate and property management and accomplish things you didn't even know you were capable of.

Cons

1) In the larger markets, IH really needs more middle management roles. The staff need support and residents often call and ask for Managers. If there were more middle managers, senior leadership would have support to focus on proactive forecasting and performance metrics for their departments. The day to day operational tasks can be heavily administrative and time consuming, exempt managers are working around the clock 24/7 no balance.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee

Went downhill after Invitation Homes purchase

Jun 13, 2021 - Office Administrator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent salary. Nice office. Manager didn’t micro-manage

Cons

Incompetent, tone-deaf upper management. Certain departments, especially A/P were worked to death because of departmental incompetence

Viewing 1 - 10 of 278 Reviews