KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Invitation Homes President and CEO Dallas Tanner
Dallas Tanner
Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and if your smart you get away early every Friday so you have time off.(in 47 reviews)
  • "the people were great and showed me a lot.(in 20 reviews)
  • "Decent pay and overtime possibilities(in 17 reviews)
  • "growing company and great culture!(in 13 reviews)
  • "Good team to be apart of(in 9 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Invitation Homes and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

I Bleed Green!

Feb 18, 2022 - Vice President Operations in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, exceptional culture, amazing talent, brilliant mentors, top technology, and strong leadership.

Cons

This is not the place for those who do not want to put in the work in order to grow. You can go very far here if you apply yourself but, this is not for those who just want to show up and collect a check. Invitation Homes has a standard which is why we are best in class but, this job is not for the bare minimum performer. Hard work, however, is always rewarded and recognized.

Invitation Homes Response

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review! Invitation Homes can certainly not do this without great leadership from individuals such as yourself!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company review

Jul 19, 2022 - Leasing Experience Specialist in Tempe, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, good benefits, job growth

Cons

Hourly associates get low pay, clear divide between corporate team and market team

Invitation Homes Response

We appreciate your review!

3. 5.0

Amazing Onboarding Experience

Jun 16, 2022 - Vendor Relations Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for top companies over a 30 year career, but I've never had such a positive onboarding experience as I've had here with Invitation Homes. On my very first day, I was surprised by the fact that people already knew who I was and what I was hired to do. All of my required equipment was set up for me before I got there and there was already a training plan in place to help me learn about my job in addition to learning about the company and it's culture. The online training program has been exceptional. There are trainings available for all aspects of my job. Any HR questions I may have are easily accessible and if I can't find it myself, I can email someone who responds almost immediately. There are regular Zoom and/or "Teams" meetings where we identify issues and work through them. Every week there is a company wide meeting where every employee is made aware of the companies vision and goals, in addition to where we currently stand. In the short time I've been there, I've had great interaction with the team and find it refreshing to work with people who display a high level of professionalism while at the same time are willing to take a moment to have fun and light hearted conversation that has made me feel genuinely welcomed to the team. I've worked for companies in the past who claim they love their people...I feel like this company truly does!

Cons

Every company has it's flaws, but so far I have not had any experiences I would categorize as a "Con".

4. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Too good to speak with market level team

Jul 10, 2022 - Leasing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility is great. The idea from from CEO and COO are great, they are trying their best to make it a great place to work. The only issue is that some of their employees that work under them (that are not market level) make it difficult to work here.

Cons

The non-market level employees feel like they are too good to speak with. They say that they have an open door policy, but need you to speak to others and not them. There is no help, and when you bring something up that is an issue, they point out other things and blame others (not them). They make policies that are not achievable. They believe that a 3 person job can be done by 1 person, it can, but that one person would be working 24/7 with no increase in pay and paying doctor’s bills due to their stress and anxiety. The whole LES experience is a joke. I’m sure the person who thought up this idea is the same person who is too good to speak with. We explain the frustrations and that some goals are unattainable but LPM team member will not listen to us.

Invitation Homes Response

We appreciate the time you took to write your review and we are glad to hear you enjoy the flexibility of your role. We encourage you to reach out to your HR Business Partner to further discuss your feedback; we welcome and encourage open communication and believe it is necessary and essential to resolution.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Leadership really cares about you!

Jul 7, 2022 - Senior Director in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I truly work with the most amazing people. It is the people here that make such a difference. I love my job because of the people at Invitation Homes.

Cons

We are growing and the pace is fast. I love that though because I have to stretch and I know the career opportunities will be here for me for a long time to come.

Invitation Homes Response

Thank you for your review! The people here at Invitation Homes, like you, are truly what makes our company and culture so special! We are so glad to have you, and you're right, growth means lots of room for career opportunity!

6. 5.0

Great company!

Jun 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoy my career at Invitation Homes. Everyone I work with is like my family. We are always working to be the best we can be and support one another is being successful. Benefits are great and culture is fantastic.

Cons

Some consider change is a con. Invitation Homes is changing often. Always striving to innovate and make processes and procedures better. I thrive in this environment but some do not.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Atmosphere

Jul 26, 2022 - Leasing Agent in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere and people in the office. Each day has it’s different challenges but a great team to help you through it.

Cons

Territory of assigned homes was drastically reduced decreasing earning potential. Some favoritism shown.

Invitation Homes Response

We appreciate and value your feedback. We are thrilled to hear you enjoy the culture and atmosphere of Invitation Homes!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

awesome

Jul 11, 2022 - Turn Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

company growth, benefits, hours, people

Cons

there are no cons in this company

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome place to work at

Jul 7, 2022 - TA Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

-great training -amazing culture coaches - great mentors - welcoming team

Cons

Parking on the first day

Invitation Homes Response

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to have you at Invitation Homes and we are so pleased to hear you had such a great onboarding experience with your training, culture coach, mentors and team!

10. 5.0

Great Company Culture

Jun 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Our office is fast paced and our associates are the best in the business. You’ll find daily {friendly} competition, whether you’re in the office or remote. Our flex work schedule helps support work/life balance. Leadership and teammates are supportive. We work hard and have a high desire to succeed, but the environment can’t be matched. Great place to work.

Cons

No cons to mention at this time.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 383 Reviews

Invitation Homes Reviews FAQs

Invitation Homes has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 407 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at Invitation Homes to a friend and 88% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Invitation Homes employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Invitation Homes. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

84% of Invitation Homes employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Invitation Homes 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Invitation Homes to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Invitation Homes Job Seekers