Cover image for Invitation Homes

Join the conversation on

Real Estate

1.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/real-estate-5/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Invitation Homes~666277
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Invitation Homes? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Invitation Homes employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and if your smart you get away early every Friday so you have time off.(in 47 reviews)
  • "the people were great and showed me a lot.(in 22 reviews)
  • "Decent pay and overtime possibilities(in 20 reviews)
  • "growing company and great culture!(in 13 reviews)
  • "Great employees!(in 9 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Invitation Homes and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years
    Featured Review

The Sky is the Limit!

Dec 14, 2022 - Portfolio Director in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Endless growth potential, premium technology and tools, brilliant corporate support, flexible, and we serve with heart and integrity every day. If you are someone who wants to be a part of a team and work toward common goals, we want you here! We are filled with bright individuals who all add value to our environment and for our customers.

Cons

IH is consistently evolving to become the best in the market, which may come with growing pains. Tough times never last, but tough people do!

Invitation Homes Response

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review, we couldn't agree more! We are so glad to have you at Invitation Homes!

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good paying job

Jan 22, 2023 - Maintenance Technician in Colorado Springs, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company vehicle Great PTO Good Support from management

Cons

Customers No signal The app’s malfunction at times

Invitation Homes Response

Thank you for your review, we appreciate the time you spent with us and wish you all the best in the future.

3. Join the Invitation Homes team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Toxic Culture

Jan 12, 2023 - Marketing Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedules and remote opportunities are available.

Cons

Leaders in the marketing department put themselves and their own career advancement before their direct reports. Little to no career growth opportunities if you are considered a junior associate. Bad communication, disorganized, toxic leaders, and team issues are swept under the rug. High rate of turnover in junior associates due to poor treatment and low pay. Teammates have been yelled at in front of others, junior associates are embarrassed and made to cry frequently, and not treated as adults. If you express interest in what you want to do with your career, don't expect to be listened to. They will put you where it benefits them, even if you don't have experience in the area, then punish you for not immediately excelling and won't allow you time/resources to develop your skills.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

It’s an okay place to work

Jan 27, 2023 - Maintenance Technician in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Consistent hours decent management, fast pace work

Cons

Hyper competitive and they push numbers a lot

6. 5.0

Amazing Onboarding Experience

Jun 16, 2022 - Vendor Relations Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for top companies over a 30 year career, but I've never had such a positive onboarding experience as I've had here with Invitation Homes. On my very first day, I was surprised by the fact that people already knew who I was and what I was hired to do. All of my required equipment was set up for me before I got there and there was already a training plan in place to help me learn about my job in addition to learning about the company and it's culture. The online training program has been exceptional. There are trainings available for all aspects of my job. Any HR questions I may have are easily accessible and if I can't find it myself, I can email someone who responds almost immediately. There are regular Zoom and/or "Teams" meetings where we identify issues and work through them. Every week there is a company wide meeting where every employee is made aware of the companies vision and goals, in addition to where we currently stand. In the short time I've been there, I've had great interaction with the team and find it refreshing to work with people who display a high level of professionalism while at the same time are willing to take a moment to have fun and light hearted conversation that has made me feel genuinely welcomed to the team. I've worked for companies in the past who claim they love their people...I feel like this company truly does!

Cons

Every company has it's flaws, but so far I have not had any experiences I would categorize as a "Con".

Invitation Homes Response

Wow - thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy to have you at Invitation Homes! We are glad to hear that you enjoy the Town Halls and find them informative and useful, and that you had such a good onboarding experience! Also, thank you for the HR shoutout - we love hearing that we are a reliable source for our associates. Thank you for being apart of our team!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best homes to choose from

Dec 3, 2022 - Seller in Kansas City, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

It gives you great house choices

Cons

There is really none honestly

Invitation Homes Response

Thank you for your review!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Incredible and Exciting Place to Work

Oct 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, flexible schedules, open and honest leadership, this company really cares about its people. There is a lot of upward potential at this company. In my region the entire leadership team has been promoted from within.

Cons

The work load can be a bit much at times, constant change but overall I wouldn't think of leaving for another company.

Invitation Homes Response

Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad you found your home at Invitation Homes! We find it to be an incredibly exciting place to work as well and our culture is built around caring for our associates and we are proud to hear that that shines through.

9. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Too good to speak with market level team

Jul 10, 2022 - Leasing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility is great. The idea from from CEO and COO are great, they are trying their best to make it a great place to work. The only issue is that some of their employees that work under them (that are not market level) make it difficult to work here.

Cons

The non-market level employees feel like they are too good to speak with. They say that they have an open door policy, but need you to speak to others and not them. There is no help, and when you bring something up that is an issue, they point out other things and blame others (not them). They make policies that are not achievable. They believe that a 3 person job can be done by 1 person, it can, but that one person would be working 24/7 with no increase in pay and paying doctor’s bills due to their stress and anxiety. The whole LES experience is a joke. I’m sure the person who thought up this idea is the same person who is too good to speak with. We explain the frustrations and that some goals are unattainable but LPM team member will not listen to us.

Invitation Homes Response

We appreciate the time you took to write your review and we are glad to hear you enjoy the flexibility of your role. We encourage you to reach out to your HR Business Partner to further discuss your feedback; we welcome and encourage open communication and believe it is necessary and essential to resolution.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good and Bad

Aug 31, 2022 - Maintenance Technician in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent benefits. Fair hourly wages. Yearly reviews with raise. Bonuses. Great coworkers. Company vans. Home Depot and Visa cards so you can purchase any materials you need to complete jobs. Solid company with job security.

Cons

Work load. Every minute of every day expected to be accounted for. Current technology used to track every movement throughout the day. No time for breaks or lunches. Maintenance appointments stacked on top of each other to make sure there is absolute 0 free time. Very stressful worrying about making it to multiple appointments and finishing the days work load. Late appointments, unfinished work orders, requesting vendors, etc... held against you and used during your reviews, raises and bonuses, and you feel like the deck is always stacked against you.

11. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

0 work life boundary respect

Dec 1, 2022 - Senior Financial Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Year end goals Lunch and learns

Cons

80 hour work work No transparency Culture of contacting team in extreme after hours

Invitation Homes Response

Thank you for your review, please consider reaching out to your HR business partner to discuss the workload you are experiencing, that is not the work-life balance we promote or strive for.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 404 Reviews
</>Embed

Invitation Homes Reviews FAQs

Invitation Homes has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 433 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Invitation Homes to a friend and 86% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Invitation Homes employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Invitation Homes. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

80% of Invitation Homes employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Invitation Homes 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Invitation Homes to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Invitation Homes Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Invitation Homes? Share Your Experiences

Invitation Homes logo

Invitation Homes Careers

Cover image for Invitation Homes

Invitation Homes is the nation's premier single-family home leasing company. We’re changing the traditional idea of rental homes by...More

• Careers
  • Veteran Hiring
  • Community

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

10 days ago

Careers
We’re thrilled to announce the signing of new partnership agreements with four trade schools in our local markets as part of Invitation to SkillUp – our initiative aimed at helping to close the skilled trades gap. We’ll be working with the Center for Employment Training in Colton, California; Central Piedmont Community College in Charlotte, North Carolina; Manatee Technical College in Bradenton, Florida; and Renton Technical College in Renton, Washington. Through these engagements, we’ll support scholarship opportunities in skilled trades and highlight potential career pathways through associate volunteer efforts with students. At Invitation Homes, we’re all too familiar with the critical need for skilled trade workers. We believe that outreach and education must start with younger generations to effectively bolster the pipeline of skilled trades workers. For more information on #SkillUp and the four schools we’re partnering with, visit: https://lnkd.in/g2SuBEYw
Shared image

24 days ago

Careers
As we kick off the New Year, we continue to see strong demand for high-quality housing options. Unfortunately, the number of skilled trades workers has been declining in the United States for years. Through Invitation to SkillUp, we’re actively investing in the American workforce by expanding skilled trades education and increasing awareness on the value of skilled trades. By partnering with trade schools, we’re driving awareness of the value of skilled trades and offering an alternative career path for students looking to enter the workforce.
Shared image

Equity LifeStyle Properties Logo
Equity LifeStyle Properties

3.4

Compare

Glassdoor has 433 Invitation Homes reviews submitted anonymously by Invitation Homes employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Invitation Homes is right for you.