IronPort Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at IronPort Systems

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IronPort Systems (San Bruno, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

manager contact me and setup the onsite interview. there are 4 people, each of them give me a 1:1 interview. They asked some questions, and ask to code on white board.

Interview Questions

• find the common number of two int arrays. discuss the complexity   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IronPort Systems (San Bruno, CA) in July 2007.

Interview

Interview consisted of a 30-minute phone screen with both organizational and technical questions, followed by two half-day interviews. The half-day interviews consisted of 4-5 sessions of 45 minutes each, one-on-one. About 3/4 were engineering/technical interviews, and the remaining with management (including one senior manager).

Interviews are generally quite professional. Technical content varies from simple engineering problems to light computer science. Interviews with managers were largely character-oriented, and balanced with "pitching" the job. This was, however, during a more employer-competitive time.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate how you would perform insertions into a binary tree in a thread-safe manner.   Answer Question
    • Discuss your philosophy on branching techniques and release management with common revision management systems.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was fairly simple. My salary requirement was met, and even slightly exceeded. Due to corporate policy, there was little flexibility with "perks" (e.g., vacation time, stock options, etc.). However, start date was *very* flexible.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IronPort Systems in April 2008.

Interview

Was great, in total 7 interviews, but worth it.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short, but was very satisfied