Isola Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2018

3.5

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Isola Group (Chandler, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Filled out application on-line, was called for interview. Interviewed in a panel of four people. Then toured the facility with one person to show what they do in the company. Then I had to wait a week for them to interview other candidates.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Isola Group in January 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward. Wanted to know about my previous employment and how I could apply what I knew to their position. Given a tour of the plant. Management was very concerned smell of solvents would make me uneasy and was told multiple times to let him know if I needed to leave or it bothered me.

Interviewed with two separate engineering management personnel 1 on 1.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if something went wrong and you didn't know what to do?   Answer Question

Environmental Health Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Isola Group (Chandler, AZ) in January 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with Regional Manager, Manufacturing & QA Mgrs., and Site Mgr.
    Regional Mgr asked me specific questions about my experience and gave me a plant tour in which I was asked to pin point any safety issues I saw and appeared to be many but with-held my opinion.

Manufacturing and QA Mgrs., general conversation and seemed to tell me why I wouldn't want the job instead of selling me on the company. They were very outgoing but one left 5 minutes into the interview. Lead me to believe they really weren't serious about hiring.

Site Mgr., asked about my job and two personality questions. When I answered, she acted like she wasn't paying attention because her response back had nothing to do with the subject. She looked out the window a lot also. She kept explaining the frig in her office and must have been where her mind was at.
    She got up, walked out of the office, didn't say anything then yelled for me. Nice touch to an interview.

Lastly was HR rep was more worried about my commute then explaining anything about the job.
    My commute there was 40 minutes but seemed to bother her. She also told me that previous candidates wanted over 100K and they were dreamers. Good Luck to anyone interviewing with this company!

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would build a team?   1 Answer

Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgeway, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Isola Group (Ridgeway, SC) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview process was one of the worst I have ever been through. First there was a call from the HR Manager for about a half hour. Then there were 4 additional phone calls, each a half hour long, from various managers within the company. Then I went to the on site interview. I met with the HR Manager along with 3 other managers for 1 hour. Then I met with a Supply Chain VP for an hour. Lastly I met with the Production Manager and the former Purchasing Manager who was moving back to Germany for another hour along with a tour.
    A week later I had not heard anything until I called them. I was told I needed to do 2 more phone interviews with the Global Supply Chain VP and his NA Manager. I agreed even though at this point I thought it was ridiculous.
    Each phone call was another half hour back to back. The second call was a terrible interview where I was being constantly interrupted and he was not prepared at all. He had no idea if I had been to the plant, where I lived, or who I had already talked to. I heard him reading my resume as he was on the phone with me. He had brought someone in to the interview as well which I was not prepared for that was asking me questions as well but seemed to not understand the answers.
    I was still on the fence if I even wanted the job at this point but after the last interview I had decided I was going to decline anything they offered. After a week of not hearing from them again, I called and left a message to let them know I did not want the job.
    The technology looks very old and I had heard from other people there that the benefits were bad and they had done a lot of cost cutting and layoffs recently.
    Managers had told me that a lot of changes were happening with the business. I would be very careful for anyone interviewing with this company. It is also located out in the middle of nowhere. Very isolated.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions regarding MRP. They are using SAP and do not have reports setup to get the data they want. So instead of creating these reports with SAP they extract the data out into excel and manipulate the data.   1 Answer