Iteris Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 21, 2016

2.2

Algorithm Developer/Image Processing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Iteris (Santa Ana, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview consisted of 2 rounds. Both the rounds it was on-site since I was living in Los Angeles. I was interviewed by the team lead, director of the company and HR on the first day. The second time they called me to interview with other team members and the vice president of the company. Everything went well, HR called me the next day and told that they have made a decision to offer employment and spoke about salary and other details and told me they would start paper work soon and give me an offer letter. I did not get offer letter for 4-5 days so after few days I contacted HR asking for offer letter and HR told they are yet to make a decision and now it's been more than 3 months and still I haven't got any reply from them. They did not even take care of my travel expenses or anything. They made me visit the office twice and did not even bother to send me a proper response. This is probably the worst company I was ever interviewed with. Once a candidate visits the plant for an interview HR will definitely send either an acceptance or reject. But I didn't get any decision.

Interview Questions

• Basic programming questions and project related questions   Answer Question

Transportation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iteris (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

Will be interviewed by Associate VP's and/or Senior Transportation Engineers. They ask anything you put in your resume and about your experience. Depending on interview, you might get interviewed by 6 different people - in two batches or three. If you get lucky, you will be interviewed by one of the higher ups too (Regional Manager/Vice President).

Interview Questions

• Do you have any writing samples you brought? Can I read it?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Iteris (Grand Forks, ND) in March 2014.

Interview

Lengthy phone interview, lengthy in person interview, and then a "Skills Test" with several Sr Developers. The skills test was outdated, they wanted me for my high level PHP skills but gave mostly JavaScript questions. Tests are stupid at this level. Either you can do the job or you can't. Waste of my time and theirs. I'm sure I burned 8+ hours in total dealing with the process talking with people, emails, driving, and testing. Their wage expectations for this position are WAY below market and do not reflect the skills needed.
    I also know that their Sr. Developer wasn't there very long as I saw him working for another company in town. He told me the developers at Iteris is a massive turn over rate and that everyone in the development department is just a number to upper management. If they don't like your number you are "laid off". If you create waves to try make things better you are "laid off". He also told me he was glad I didn't take the job because I would have been unhappy there. Not a true development shop for highly skilled developers that have been doing this for a very long time.

Interview Questions

• They asked every question you can think of. Even asking no-no questions like "How old are you", "Do you have any kids", "Do you take any prescription drugs"...etc   Answer Question

Transportation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Iteris (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

Took me three weeks

Interview Questions

• The interviewers were not able to carry out effective interview   Answer Question