JBS International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2016

2.6

Youth Policy Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JBS International (North Bethesda, MD).

Interview

They got back to me right away and told me they were impressed with my writing ability demonstrated in my cover letter. I had a phone screening with just one person, and then for the in-person interview, that person was there along with the project director, and the deputy project director was conferenced in because she worked off-site. After the interview questions, I completed a writing exercise. I received a call from HR a few days later with the job offer, and they asked me what salary I wanted. I requested the highest amount specified in salary range from the job description to show confidence, and that's what I got. Overall, a positive experience, and I've been happy working here.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JBS International.

Interview

Applied online through website. Contacted by the HR department via phone a couple of weeks later to schedule interview. Met with hiring manager and a couple of folks on the team. Asked typical interview questions. Interview lasted about an hour. Everything was a smooth process.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself.
      2. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at JBS International.

Interview

Very casual and informal. Interviewers do not have any questions ready. They just ask you questions on the spot. You should come prepared and can easily take lead of the interview.

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JBS International (Bethesda, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. Got a call for an in-house interview. Was interview by four one on one interviewers. Concepts of webpages styling were asked. OOP's concepts of C#. Difference between interface and abstract class.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JBS International.

Interview

Had interview and two weeks later got the call offering me the position. Interview process was a group interview, with a panel of three interviewers. Had about 25-30 questions, mostly all behavioral based. Pretty straightforward and easy but definitely need to think on your feet.

Interview Questions

• What was something that you helped innovate or improve.   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JBS International.

Interview

Very Through - Meet with three people, 2 mid-level managers, and 1 analyst.

Interviewers explained work flow and their project and then asked a combination of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What sort of management style do you like to be under?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Pretty easy. Email invited to their company for interview. So difficult questions. Just talk about basic research experience, and they introduced their programs. Ask basic questions concerning education, working experience, did not go into further details. Pretty easy. Email invited to their company for interview. So difficult questions. Just talk about basic research experience, and they introduced their programs. Ask basic questions concerning education, working experience, did not go into further details.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JBS International (Bethesda, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

Wonderful- highly informative, transparent process. The quality of the questions were thoughtful and not intrusive. Demonstrated interest in learning more about personality traits as they supported the responsibilities of the position.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JBS International (Rockville, MD) in January 2012.

Interview

Easy and straight forward. Some elements of this may be outside of your control but, if you have opportunity to do so, try and speak with an insider at that company to get a pulse on what’s going on in that department or division. The job description rarely “tells all,” so if you can better understand the true needs for this role, it will help you present yourself as the solution to the true challenges the team faces, but didn’t necessarily spell out on paper.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JBS International (Greeley, CO) in February 2011.

Interview

Three interview: 1st day long, 2nd 1 hour, 3rd 20 minutes

Interview Questions

• Technical question 1st day, 2nd day with CFO, 3rd day interview with selection committee.   Answer Question