JET Program Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at JET Program

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at JET Program

Found 218 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at JET Program (United States)

Interview

Interviewed by 3 people at the consulate. Overall, my interviewers were incredibly friendly and warm. Because I had written on my application that I'd self-studied Japanese, they gave me a language conversation test, which really was just seeing if I could hold a conversation and how I'd react under pressure.

Interview Questions
  • "Why do you want to be on the JET Program?"
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in Singapore
Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at JET Program (Singapore)

Interview

About 3 interviewers, mostly asking about your interest in Japan, whether you spoke Japanese. It was quite a long but friendly interview. They asked the candidate to speak in Japanese too if the candidate can speak Japanese.

Interview Questions
JET Program
Anonymous Employee in United Kingdom
Application

I interviewed at JET Program (United Kingdom)

Interview

It was at the consulate in Edinburgh - make sure you arrive at the time stated on the invite as Japanese people are very big on good time-keeping. There was an English test followed by an interview.

Interview Questions
  • Why the JET program? Why Japan? What Japanese news stories/current affairs are you following?
Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JET Program (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Two alumni JETs and one consulate employee conducted the interview in San Francisco. They were friendly and wanted to know how I would perform in difficult cultural situations. At the end I was asked basic questions to test my Japanese followed by one difficult question.

Interview Questions
  • How would you explain your major to a 14-year old junior high school student? What would you say if you were asked about your opinion on Japan-China relations?
Anonymous Employee in Japan
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JET Program (Japan)

Interview

Smooth, very much more like the interviewers were trying to get to know you and how you would do in Japan over a professional interview where you answer technical questions and talk about your skills.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you were asked by your boss to work overtime constantly? Can you reenact this situation and what you would say?
Anonymous Employee in Japan
Application

I interviewed at JET Program (Japan)

Interview

I was interviewed by an alumni, the coordinator and a Japanese man. They just asked me questions about things like how I would introduce Canada to my students and what I want to do in Japan. They didn't ask me to do a demo lesson

Interview Questions
  • What parts of Canadian culture would you teach to your students?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JET Program (United States)

Interview

The JET interviews follow a similar system. Basic advice is: be early, be professional, be prepared. They are looking for people who are open minded and adaptable, interested in Japan, and capable of working in a professional overseas environment.

Interview Questions
  • They will surely ask you situational questions about teaching and intercultural exchange.
Anonymous Employee in United Kingdom
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JET Program (United Kingdom)

Interview

I had to travel quite far to get to London (where the interview was held) so it wasn't very convenient. A former JET participant took me around the embassy and explained the process very clearly, which I liked. The interview itself was delayed, I was waiting outside the room for quite a while. Nevertheless, the interview itself went smoothly, although I was rather disappointed in the questions asked. They were quite irrelevant to the position and one question in particular, I perceived as a bit unprofessional and racist towards my ethnicity. Anyway, I answered the questions as best I could and ended up getting the job. Hooray, I guess.

Interview Questions
  • How would you teach a classroom of 12 year old's about contractions? (Will not = won't etc)
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at JET Program (United States)

Interview

Application followed by a panel interview a few months later. A former JET participant and usually someone associated with the Japanese consulate or local organizations asks questions about your background and then gives you a Japanese languages test where you're asked to read a short text and answer questions about it.

Interview Questions
  • What aspect of America would you like to teach people in Japan about?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JET Program (United States)

Interview

Basic questions about your resume, strengths and weaknesses, then they have you do a mock interview on a white board. Pretty intense for new graduates with a panel of 3 interviewers.

Interview Questions
  • Using this whiteboard, please do a mock lesson on your state.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 218