JSW Steel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.7

Flume Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Baytown, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I received an email saying to reply to confirm I want an interview, and did so. A month later I finally got a date for it. I arrived at the appropriate time and then waited an hour and half for the HR manager to administer a written test, after passing the written exam my direct supervisor gave me a oral interview. After passing that I was told I would be hired pending a physical exam and drug test at a separate facility.

Interview Questions

• Math questions and reading gauges/measurements on written test.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roorkee (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Roorkee (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Firstly, the candidates were shortlisted based on resume. Then, the selected candidates were called for a psychometric test which was quite a simple one. ( You can refer to Raven's matrices for example) Then the filtered candidates had a video conferencing interview. It was majorly focused on Resume and SOP filled at the time of application. They also asked for the favorite subject and asked few basic questions related to it.

Interview Questions

• briefly tell us about the internship you have mentioned in your resume?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jalandhar, Punjab (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Jalandhar, Punjab (India)).

Interview

The company HR asked for the list of the students eligible for the on-campus interview. Initially, a written test is conducted and based on the scores candidates are shortlisted for group discussion round and further candidates are shortlisted for in-person interview and if you cracked it you get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions related to engineering, summer training, and internships.   1 Answer

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JSW Steel.

Interview

Written test was conducted followed by Group discussion and Technical Interview. Written test was mainly based on technical knowledge. Time duration for the test was 1 hour. Shortlisted students were called for group discussion. Topic of group discussion was 'Indian sports scenario'.

Interview Questions

• Questions on summer training, bhopal gas tragedy, few basic technical questions and few HR questions   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pilani (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Pilani (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

A lot of puzzles were asked,most of them from popular internet sites. Other questions were from my resume.The interview was very long drawn, and they had shortlisted 30 people for one position,which was ridiculous.

Cost Accountant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JSW Steel in March 2016.

Interview

First they verified documents. Called for 1st round of interview with top finance officials asked a little bet about Costing basics as I am a Fresher. It was a great opportunity for me to go there but there is no vacancy for fresher

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was mainly HR, with a lot of focus on CV. They asked me about my projects, my previous internship, the profile I would be opting if selected. A few questions here and there about the whole JSW Group. You must be thoroughly prepared on their Internship perks, and about JSW involvement outside the steel industry. For people preparing to get into the technical field, prepare about the steel plant processes.

Interview Questions

• Questions ranging from the nitty-gritty of your CV to you being fit for the organisation.   Answer Question

Junior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Durgapur, West Bengal (India)).

Interview

Very Easy. Some basic questions on chemicals. The interviewer had more or less made up his mind from the resume. Was just trying to verify if the candidate sounded as per the resume.

Interview Questions

• 1) Chemical Composition of a chemical you use in your daily life.
      2) Steel making process.
      Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raurkela (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Raurkela (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Awesome Interview.
    They didn't judge me on my CGPA. They believed that talent is much ahead of grades.

The written exam was also quite good There were application based questions rather than the mug up types.

They enquired everything including family detils, hometown but did not discriminate on that basis.

Interview Questions

• You don't know the basics of your engg. Still why should we hire you   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, I didn't even try.

Junior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Mumbai (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly. It was a skype interview with one HR and a marketing person. Interview was easy as such with HR questions dominating over marketing questions. Nothing technical was asked as such.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why JSW?