Jacksonville University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Jacksonville University

2.6

Visiting Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jacksonville University (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2010.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth. Had two interviews and then was hired. Made initial contact by email answering a want ad, phone call to arrange a 1 on 1 meeting, then a second meeting that included the final decision maker. Offered the job on the spot. They just wanted to know if I could do the job since it initially was to be temporary.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The interviews were very friendly and straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was not a tenure track offer, so there wasn't much room for negotiation. I had no previous teaching experience and wanted the job, so I didn't push back very hard on the salary.

Admissions Officer Interview

Interview

2 steps process, they interview you with the entire team, very relaxed and nice. The culture is very laid back but definitely wear a suit to interview and have questions available to ask. If you are looking for a place to get your undergrad or masters while working this is a very good place to work.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in JAX Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jacksonville University (JAX Beach, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a panel of 3 and they ask many questions - what was my teaching methods. Tell me about your worse day. Why do you want to teach. Describe the perfect student.

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacksonville University.

Interview

I absolutely loved my interview process. I got to meet campus partners, students, and potential coworkers. Though I did not get the job, I still love the University and staff that I met.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about how I could implement customer service in a university setting. Apparently the President of the University is an advocate for providing quality customer service to the students and families.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jacksonville University (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Meetings with colleagues and administrators. Teaching demonstrations. Performance demonstration. Suspicious dean. Unprofessional chair. We had moved here for my husband's job so I was willing to tolerate a less than optimal experience. Lowballed with salary. No raises in 2 years then a merit raise that was split with the college. Then no more raise for 4 years.... Merit or cost of living.

Interview Questions

• What my academic interests were.   1 Answer

Helpdesk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jacksonville University (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Had the first interview, simple. It was with the Helpdesk Manager, the director of operations, and the manager of phone services. They asked me about my work history, and why I was interested in the job. It was very laid back considering you were being analyzed by three different people. The first interview went well. Maybe a week later I had an interview with the Helpdesk manager again, the lead technician and the Helpdesk coordinator. That's where I was asked the more technical questions. Also simple. The questions weren't difficult but they did move rather quickly when asking the questions (my guess is to see how quickly you can get the correct answer out). Again, stressful because it was an interview but also very laid back.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle irate customers?   1 Answer

International Admissions Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacksonville University (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

have to do a presentation - they want to see how well you perform in a public setting.
    There was a panel afterwards as the entire department is a huge influence on the decision process. They're a close-knit community so they want to make sure you have the right kind of energy flow for them.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about travelling?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jacksonville University in July 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter through email and received a response within a couple weeks. My boss happened to by in my area for work, so I had an in=person interview. It was very casual yet professional. I got the job on the spot!