Jellyvision Lab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jellyvision Lab Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2018

3.2

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jellyvision Lab in June 2017.

Interview

Submitted a resume and cover letter online and within a couple of days got an email to schedule a phone interview. Had the phone interview a few days later. Was a brief 30 min interview. That was on a Monday, by Thursday got an email that they were choosing not to move forward with me.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 traits that make a successful account manager?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jellyvision Lab in March 2016.

Interview

They wanted an original and creative cover letter, and I thought I did a pretty good job of it. I submitted my resume and they emailed me in a few days and scheduled a phone interview. There were meant to be two interviewers but somehow one was not available. The questions were easy and I thought I did a pretty good job of it. They emailed and rejected me the next week.

Interview Questions

• What was the last kind thing you did for someone?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jellyvision Lab (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Professional, for the most part, but not transparent in any sense of the word. Was contacted by an employee and had to follow up several times to keep communication flowing. Was asked to complete an interview and then a sample task. Tasks were reviewed anonymously, and I was not asked back.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard - greatest strength/area for growth, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jellyvision Lab (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

1 phone screen and 1 in person interview. Very thorough interview with typical interview questions mixed with fun questions too. Met multiple team members and received a tour of the office.

Make sure to study the product and prepare for the audition.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jellyvision Lab (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview, Another Phone Interview, Audition, Waited a really long time-- Recruiter would tell me she'd get back to me in a couple of days and I'd wait a week, background check and reference. One thing I thought was odd was that they wanted the reference before giving me the offer, which didn't allow me to use my current employer. One of the interviews included my future-potential colleagues as well. The audition took a while to prepare for. Their product is kind of confusing and they expect you to really understand it which was tough and a bit unrealistic.

Everyone was friendly, however I could tell from the Interview that they were not very data driven and didn't care much about my background and more my personality. Which is great, but concerned me about the future of the business. While it's really nice to work with good-hearted people, it's also nice to work with sharp, driven, and talented people in the market.

Interview Questions

• How are you funny? How do you present yourself in a humble way?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jellyvision Lab.

Interview

Process was very straight-forward. I applied online and received an email asking for a call. After the first call, I was brought in for an interview. After some time passed, I was asked in again for an audition for the role. After a few days I was given an offer. The whole process took just under 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Who are 3 people, living or dead, that you'd like to have dinner with? Why?   Answer Question

Implementation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Jellyvision Lab (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a 4 step interview process: resume/cover letter, phone screen, audition, in-person interview. While it was not an easy process, the Jellyvision recruiters and hiring team make it a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• What's something nice you did for someone recently?   1 Answer

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Jellyvision Lab (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This was honestly one of the most frustrating and insulting interview experiences I have ever had, and I was disturbed to find that others have been subjected to it as well over the years - yes, as far back as 2013 on here.

Let me start by saying that I initially applied to a Project Management Internship opening. A recruiter reached out and invited me to interview for the full-time Associate Project Manager opening instead; I was thrilled since I had not seen it posted, and that she took the time to review my qualifications. I passed the phone interview, passed the "auditions" (which are assessment tests that take up more of your free time than necessary), and I even passed the in-person interview, which consisted of 2 meetings with over 8 people total. After they convened, another recruiter I was passed off to informed me that the final step would be to pass a background check, so I was sure I was receiving a job offer. The process at this point had already taken over 4 weeks/a month. Then all of a sudden, this recruiter sends an email a week later stating the manager I would be reporting to was not at my in-person interview - I would need to come back to meet her. How did something like that get overlooked that now you need to backtrack? Nonetheless, I was flexible and took additional time off of work to meet with her one-on-one. What struck me as odd is that she asked almost all of the same questions I had already been asked again, as if nobody had documented their feedback to my responses. The process overall seemed redundant, but I happily answered them again anyway. She also mentioned that the position would be a bit of an "experiment" as they role out a new "Pod" system. Nobody had mentioned any of that in my first round of in-person interviews, but okay. Another week goes by and instead of receiving details on completing a background check, I'm sent the dreaded automated rejection email, after everything. I was shocked. Even worse, I wasn't even considered for the lower level opportunity as an intern. I attempted to follow-up to gather some kind of constructive feedback and was not provided any.

Recap: one of their recruiters RECOMMENDED that I interview for a higher level role, I passed ALL of the steps, spent 6 grueling weeks committing my time to interview prep, online tests, taking time off of work for 2 in-person interviews, only to receive nothing. If how they treat their candidates is any indication of how they treat their employees, then good riddance.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several times how I would handle conflict with a colleague.   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jellyvision Lab (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

After applying via resume and cover letter a phone screen was set up to speak with a recruiter. The recruiter was one of the worst I've spoken with, as he had no personality and the call had little direction or purpose to it. Basic questions were asked about experience and responsibilities, and the recruiter sounded like a robot.

Interview Questions

• Describe your responsibilities at your current job, describe responsibilities at past jobs, explain all gaps in employment, who are the 3 people you would like to eat dinner with (classic fraternity question)   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jellyvision Lab (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

So far I've done a phone screen having submitted my resume online through the company website. Applying was easy, but after speaking with the recruiter my overall company perception has declined. The recruiter was more interested in challenging every minute detail on my resume rather than getting to know me. The whole set up was very question/answer and not conversational at all, but that was the direction he chose to setup.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard - describe all of your work experience, responsibilities, employment gaps (he spent a lot of time here even for minimal gaps), current salary and where you want to be, why interested in joining jellyvision/leaving current role. One unique question was name 3 people dead or alive you'd have dinner with.   Answer Question