Jellyvision Lab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jellyvision Lab Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

3.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Jellyvision Lab in April 2017.

Interview

Cover letter was weighed very heavily asking for 3 reasons you should get the position and for humor (I'm not that funny). However, sent the cover letter and received an email for a phone screen same day. Call went very well, questions were standard. VP of implementation was on the other end. She was wonderful to converse with and the call lasted the full 30 minutes.

Content Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jellyvision Lab (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

After submitting a resume and cover letter, I set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes, and was pretty typical. I've done many interviews in my life, and I felt very confident in this one. Yet, they emailed me a few days later to reject me, with no explanation as to why they chose this. I met all their qualifications and had a great conversation with the interview. I honestly was scratching my head on this one.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions: tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jellyvision Lab (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Submit a resume and cover letter, then the next phase is to reach out for 30-minute interviews. Process took about 2 weeks in total, and they responded quickly (one week) after submission

Interview Questions

• How do you complete a task when you do not know how to solve the problem?   Answer Question

Project Manager Apprentice Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jellyvision Lab in February 2017.

Interview

Wrote a detailed cover letter and was contacted two days later to set up a phone interview. Lasted 13 minutes and it was all really robotic. I felt like it went poorly because the interviewer was just reading off a list of questions, but I received an email within 2 days trying to set up an audition. The audition seemed easy enough, but took about 5-6 hours. It tested your excel skills, customer service ability, and you had to create a survey about insurance programs. I am a perfectionist, so it may take others less time to complete. Despite putting in the work, I received an email a few days later saying they will no longer continue with my interview process. They didn't even include my name in the email...It felt really bad considering I invested so much personal time into. Besides that, my advice is to be as personable as possible. This company prioritizes personality over relevant work experience. Also, nearly all phone interview questions were posted on this site already. So do your research and good luck!

Interview Questions

• Write an email response pretending to work for Jellyvision in a silly situation where a client requests to change ALEX's name.   Answer Question

Account Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jellyvision Lab (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Thorough. Expect audition and meeting multiple members of team. Expect to put together a sales presentation. Do your homework on the company and its leaders. And have fun with it.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jellyvision Lab (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online through their website and heard back via email a few days later asking for times that we could set up a phone interview. Had the interview the next week with a member of their recruiting team, it lasted about 14 minutes. Was asked very standard interview questions-- didn't feel like I had the opportunity to talk about what the specific job was, and I rambled a lot during answers because it wasn't as much of a conversation as it was a Q and A. Was sent a kind rejection letter a few days later via email.

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in moving from graphic design to marketing?   Answer Question
    • Name an ad campaign you think is effective and one you think is ineffective.   Answer Question
    • What do you think your day-to-day would be like with Jellyvision?   Answer Question

Customer Success Guru Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jellyvision Lab (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I only got to the phone screen, but it was a fairly average experience. Due to my time constraints, we started with my questions, and didn't have enough time for me to get fully screened. Perhaps vainly, I think this might be partially why I wasn't advanced to the next level.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jellyvision Lab (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview started with me confusing the interview for an on site instead of the planned phone interview. It worked out nicely though since the hiring manager was out of the country and a three way call would have been more difficult. The person from HR who greeted me was pleasant and participated in the questioning. I was asked typical behavorial questions about my past experience with leadership, with what I look for in a new hire, and about leadership style. For a role that was explained as one that would not be 100% hands off I was surprised that no questions were asked about my past projects, not even from a high level architecture or solutions level. There was extensive questioning about dealing with an under performing or difficult direct report. Unfortunately I think I over shared about a particularly challenging individual I worked with, even though I tried to express how the outcome was positive for everyone involved. I felt the interview was cut short. The room we were was booked and we were hurried out during my portion of asking questions. I was excited to work with the company, from the research Ive done I felt I would be a good match for their culture. Im usually extremely accurate about the outcome of an interview, but for what ever reason they choose to pass me over. I know better than to expect honest feedback, but I was dissatisfied by the "we felt your leadership style would not be a good fit here" feedback. I wish the hiring manager had taken more time to understand who I am and how I coach a team. The outcome may have been different.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with a greatly underperforming individual.   Answer Question

Senior Vice President of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Jellyvision Lab (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Within a week submitting my resume and cover letter (August 2016), I was contacted via email to inform me that the company wanted to conduct an interview with me. I was given the option to do the interview over the phone or in person. I chose to do an in person interview, provided my availability and received a date, time and name of the person I would interview with promptly. This process was friendly, efficient and professional.

I had an hour long interview with the SVP of People. She was friendly and professional and I enjoyed the interview. Within two weeks, I was informed that the CEO would like to interview me. In the same friendly, efficient and professional manner my interview was set up. This interview also lasted an hour and was friendly and professional.

I walked away feeling I had done well and if i didn't end up going further it would not have been anything said, or not said, in the interview. Within a couple of days I received a cordial email from the SVP of People stating that they had decided to move on with other candidates. So in the end I was not what they were looking for. Regardless, the process itself was great, the people professional and very nice and it just didn't go my way. No complaints.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest misconception people have about you?   1 Answer

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jellyvision Lab (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

So far I've done a phone screen having submitted my resume online through the company website. Applying was easy, but after speaking with the recruiter my overall company perception has declined. The recruiter was more interested in challenging every minute detail on my resume rather than getting to know me. The whole set up was very question/answer and not conversational at all, but that was the direction he chose to setup.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard - describe all of your work experience, responsibilities, employment gaps (he spent a lot of time here even for minimal gaps), current salary and where you want to be, why interested in joining jellyvision/leaving current role. One unique question was name 3 people dead or alive you'd have dinner with.   Answer Question