Cover image for Jenner & Block

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Jenner & Block Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 33 of over 33 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jenner & Block

Jenner & Block

Application

I interviewed at Jenner & Block

Interview

They were very kind. Their representative did not show up for our original first interview screening call but it was rescheduled. They were very persistent and interesting people to speak with. Pro-bono interests here are great!

Interview Questions
  • How would you respond to old guard versus the new guard?
    Answer Question

Jenner & Block

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Jenner & Block

Interview

It was clear they didn't even look at my resume or qualifications before interviewing, had a condescending tone the entire interview, and didn't take more than 15 minutes to get to know me or my qualifications.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Jenner & Block

Join the conversation on

Law

90.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/law/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Jenner & Block~3242
Join the conversation on

Jenner & Block

Application

I interviewed at Jenner & Block

Interview

The process was thorough and thoughtful. Provided opportunities to meet with individuals at various levels of the organization including with the future team. Had an opportunity to ask questions, receive helpful responses, and get a sense of the firm culture.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Jenner & Block

Application

I interviewed at Jenner & Block

Interview

They rotate you through partners and associates and you talk to each for around half an hour. If I recall correctly, there were six total interviews and the whole thing lasted three hours.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Jenner & Block

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Jenner & Block

Interview

The interviewer did not even know my name or what position I was applying for. Had to search for and pull up my resume. The interviewer was extremely underprepared and seemed to be pulling questions out of the air. Made it very awkward for both myself and him. Seemed to be a waste of both our time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Jenner & Block

Application

I interviewed at Jenner & Block

Interview

Interview was fine. Office work is office work. The questions weren't any different than any other office job/legal assistant work. It helps to know someone, obviously, so if you have a network that can help you out, the interview will be a breeze.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Jenner & Block

Application

I interviewed at Jenner & Block

Interview

Standard resume review and behavioral questions. Interview was before the COVID-19 pandemic so it occurred in-person. Met with multiple people separately. Overall, a pleasant experience and the culture of the firm seemed welcoming.

Interview Questions
  • Preferred practice area and what I knew about that practice area

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Jenner & Block (Manila, Manila) in Sep 2020

Interview

Tagalog be confident at all times. You can speak in English if you want. Approachable interviewer. Just be sincere. Thru phone call. Need to process quickly the Nbi, psa, and other documentation

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jenner & Block (Washington, DC) in Dec 2019

Interview

First you have 2 interviews with 2 senior associates then you proceed to 1 interview with 1 or 2 partners (could be via video if the partner is not in that location) All the same day, each about 30 minutes in length

Interview Questions
  • Questions were about my past experience in the field of law relative to that department, my goals in my career, overall very human / fun interview (no strange technical questions)

Jenner & Block

Application

I interviewed at Jenner & Block

Interview

Met with partner and associate at on-campus interview program. Interviewers were friendly and asked thoughtful questions. Summer program seemed well organized, and interviewers seemed happy with the firm.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Interviews

Jenner & Block Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Jenner & Block as 60.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.77 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Associate and Summer Associate rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Project Assistant and Legal Assistant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Jenner & Block takes an average of 26 days when considering 33 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Associate had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Project Assistant roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 50 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Jenner & Block according to 33 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 36.73%