Jenner & Block Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Jenner & Block

2.8

Sort:

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Jenner & Block.

Interview

Interview was re-scheduled twice and required a total of four visits before an offer was proffered. The offer letter contained several typos and incomplete sentences. Interviewers were not provided with copies of my resume or application and were unprepared. Waiting time between interviewers was lengthy. It was very disorganized and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what it was like to work with an attorney at another firm who had a reputation for being volatile and difficult to work with.   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jenner & Block (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

Staff when hired was disciplined and independent. Scheduling all interviewers is always a challenge but it was done with minimal disruption. Paperwork was distributed to interviewers prior to interviewing the candidate.

Interview Questions

• The question that was repeated with every interviewer was to, "toot your own horn". It seemed as if everyone was briefed and expected to answer that question.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jenner & Block (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I interviewed for an associate position. However, they were not clear about what area the associate would be involved in, in this instance the transactional side. So, a lot of time could be saved if they are more clear about who they are looking for because I was only interested in litigation.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jenner & Block (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Two stages: pre-screening at the law school with one partner, and then six 30-minutes interviews with partners in a row. These were followed by an informal interview with two associates. Overall the experience was pleasant, everybody was friendly.

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jenner & Block (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview last year. They asked standard interview questions and were personable. They mentioned they had a lot of interviews to conduct, and would let me know the results shortly.

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jenner & Block (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Had a quick interview with a partner, they invited me to come back and see the office. Beautiful place to work and the people were very nice and interesting. All very accomplished with incredibly impressive backgrounds. After my interview, I went to lunch with some junior associates, which was what put me off. They seemed tired and were very boring.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jenner & Block (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

On campus interview into callback interview. Questions focused primarily on experience as a 1L and at 1L summer job. Have plenty of questions prepared to ask about the firm.

Better opportunity

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jenner & Block (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviewed at firm for twenty minutes through Off Campus Interview program. One partner and one associate were the interviewers, spoke shortly with the head of recruiting. They had clearly looked deeply at my resume and had many sections highlighted at beginning of interview. They began by asking about all of my job experiences in order, and they jumped on what aspects might be helpful to their area of work.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jenner & Block (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

1st Round: Started with a phone screen with a contracted HR person out of Chicago.
    2nd & 3rd Rounds: in-house with Chief of Legal Talent (video conference), Office Administrator and some attorneys

Clearly it was not a personality match, but they seem overly concerned with prestige. They only recruit at a few schools (Yale, Columbia, NYU, Penn) - and really expect their recruiters to be involved in NALP or the local recruiting organization.

Firm seems to take themselves very seriously. They also wanted a writing sample of a memo, etc - the first time I've been asked that and I've interviewed at a dozen BigLaw firms.

Interview Questions

• How are you involved in NALP and NYCRA. What public speaking engagements have you done.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Jenner & Block (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a former employer and was able to bypass preliminary screenings. Scheduling was difficult; they told me to make myself available to come in same-day but then I didn’t hear from them for two weeks. Two weeks of going to bed thinking you have a big interview the next day is excruciating!! Once I was there, however, everyone was generous with their time. I had two interviews. The first was a panel with a manager and two C-level officers (one called in on speaker phone which made it hard to connect personally). They talked a lot about the position and didn’t ask me much about myself. Later I met with the partner who, again, didn’t ask me much about my experience or abilities. Ultimately, we both decided we weren’t a good fit for each other. They were polite about rejecting me and offered to keep me in mind for other openings.

Interview Questions

• This job is not really 9-5, M-F; how would you feel about being on call after hours and on weekends?   Answer Question