JetBrains Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBrains (New York, NY).

Interview

I sent my cv and didn't get a answer from Jetbrains. So far, so good.

I eventually switched jobs and moved to a new country. I then out of the blue got a half-baked e-mail with some silly story on how they "lost my original e-mail in the system" (if so, how did they "find it", now?) and if I was still willing to relocate from my original country to Germany. So it seems that taking 5 seconds to look at the LinkedIn profile that was provided both in the original application e-mail and cv would be too troublesome to the clueless recruiter that handled this application.

Interview Questions

• Asked me if I was willing to move from a country in which I wasn't even residing.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBrains.

Interview

It was quite easy and very strait forward. Overall I tool around 6-7 days from the moment I applied till the time I got an offer. Very good impression since the first Skype call.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBrains.

Interview

HR emailed me back with a link to some online files and asked me to put together a manual for them. Ahahahaha, nope, not doing work for you for free.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JetBrains in September 2018.

Interview

The first talk was with HR by phone. There were general questions.
    The second conversation was by skype. I was confused that I should have turned on video, no one notified me. Then there were questions about my current project but they didn't ask me questions regarding programming - they were about infrastructure, load balancing, scaling and etc. That's it.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

The interview process was long and detailed

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JetBrains in February 2010.

Interview

very tranparent and friendly

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich (Peru)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at JetBrains (Munich (Peru)) in September 2017.

Interview

1. 30 min convo via Skype with HR (very pleasant conversation with a friendly person)
    2. 1 hour interview with two QAs via Skype (one person was super friendly another one wasn't really engaged, I felt like the person didn't care much or was doing something else)
    - Both Skype interviews I had my camera on, but the interviewers didn't turn the camera on, was a bit awkward :)

3. Two tasks, were sent at 9 am, and I had to turn it back by 9 am the next day
    - The most unusual tasks I have ever done in my entire testing carrier, was challenging, and not something you can google, you need to use your qa/test experience, very handy if you have ever done any desktop, especially IDE, testing. This was the most interesting/enjoyable part of the interview process

4. 3 hour on-site interview
    - Was told will be meeting with one person, ended up meeting with three people + 1 HR, and the person who was scheduled to interview me wasn't present. No explanation was given. It was a bit strange.
    - I wasn't prepared for the interview being so long but I enjoyed my conversation with my future/potential co-workers
    - One person grilled me not in a very friendly/easy-going way but it was not something off putting just unusual. I got an impression that my interviewers didn't have much experience in interviewing, no structure, no coherence, towards the end of the interview I wasn't offered to ask questions, but on my request if I could answer some questions my interviewers happily answered my questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked directly with customers?   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at JetBrains (Saint Petersburg (Russia)) in July 2015.

Interview

This was my first IT-related job interview and it was awesome, but I was dumb and failed awfully = )

It takes a lot of time between initial contact and onsite interview due to a big conference where company team members participated that time.

I was asked to do a small test job (IDE plugin testing), rather simple if done with diligence and patience. HR also asked about contacts from my previous job (they called in fact!).

The first part of the live interview was held by two HRs with standard questions about previous experience, plans and so on.

The second part was held by the PM (via remote communication from Germany) and one of the project engineers. I expected questions about testing theory, but the majority was language specific (Python) and I was bad with it.

The company compensated my travel expenses. HRs were exceptionally professional and friendly, they provided a complete road map of the interview process, offered a tea and a little snack upon my arrival.

Overall experience was great, one of the best interview process I ever saw.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at JetBrains (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in May 2017.

Interview

The job was posted online. I applied for the job with a cover letter and CV. I then had an email after 3-4 months asking for an interview via phone, which was done over skype with 4 people, 2 from HR and my immediate team I would be working with. In the interview, we talked about my background, what I believed in, why I wanted to work there. Then I was given a set of writing tasks to do. After they processed and compared me against a ton of other applicants, checked my references and offered me the role.

Interview Questions

• There were a set of 5 very different writing tasks; I was asked to do 2 of them. I did all 5 to show I could.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBrains in May 2017.

Interview

They do 30-minute interviews on-site, you can choose the day and time you like from a few options.
    The interviewers are very friendly and the atmosphere is not stressful in any way.