JetBrains Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JetBrains Interview Questions

Interviews at JetBrains

3.2

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBrains.

Interview

It was quite easy and very strait forward. Overall I tool around 6-7 days from the moment I applied till the time I got an offer. Very good impression since the first Skype call.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBrains.

Interview

HR emailed me back with a link to some online files and asked me to put together a manual for them. Ahahahaha, nope, not doing work for you for free.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBrains (New York, NY).

Interview

I sent my cv and didn't get a answer from Jetbrains. So far, so good.

I eventually switched jobs and moved to a new country. I then out of the blue got a half-baked e-mail with some silly story on how they "lost my original e-mail in the system" (if so, how did they "find it", now?) and if I was still willing to relocate from my original country to Germany. So it seems that taking 5 seconds to look at the LinkedIn profile that was provided both in the original application e-mail and cv would be too troublesome to the clueless recruiter that handled this application.

Interview Questions

• Asked me if I was willing to move from a country in which I wasn't even residing.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBrains (Moscow (Russia)) in September 2020.

Interview

Applied via some job search site in Russia, got an invitation from HR to book a call, booked call, got email from HR with confirmation of the interview. On the planned date and time HR did not call me. I dropped her an email with a question, if we going to have an interview, and got nothing back. Very unprofessional behavior, never seen it before.
    No apologies, no email, just wasted 15min, while was waiting for her call :)

Interview Questions

• HR did not call me for the scheduled interview and just ignored me asking whats happening   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Video interview with multithreading, question about hashMap, one problem about determining a delimter in a known file structure, and some question about displaying shapes.
    After that I was asked to resolve a homework problem in a week.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at JetBrains (Saint Petersburg (Russia)) in May 2020.

Interview

An online conversation on different CS topics, including code review for initial task, principles and patterns of programming, interaction between teammates, production management. Both friendly and strict technical interviewer, that is also teamleader of project, for which position the interview was.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a singleton pattern in Java?   Answer Question
    • What are differences between JVM and Python garbage collectors.   Answer Question
    • Tell me as much as you can about your favourite sorting algorithm.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JetBrains.

Interview

The most uncomfortable interview I ever had.
    No exact position or interview schedule discussion.
    I made time for so important interview, but it was suddenly rescheduled for a terribly inconvenient time due to recruiter's developers' timetable non-acquaintance.
    The main stress factors were final time and requirement to turn on video.
    Developers were friendly and fair, but I couldn't tell even what I knew.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at JetBrains.

Interview

Interview contains several parts. First skype interview with two technical problems.
    Then onsite interview where I show how to solve problems on whiteboard. Then home-assignment. Last part - meet with team, discuss proposed solution

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at JetBrains (Saint Petersburg (Russia)) in July 2019.

Interview

Unprofessional and disappointing experience. The HR doesn't bother providing any feedback, even after dozens of hours spent on preparing the test case.

I went through several stages:
    1) Phone screening - quite a long conversation, I was asked about my current responsibilities, the results I achieved, the struggles I faced and my reasons to leave the current place.
    2) Panel interview on-site with the HR and part of the dev team. Gone through a standard set of questions (plus some math problems "to test the mindset" which was quite uncommon but interesting).
    3) Test case. A huge task, consisting of 4 chapters. Just to give you an idea of the amount of effort one would have to put into it, "write an article" was just one of those.
    4) Another on-site panel interview, with the entire team and the CMO.
    After 4 weeks and roughly 20 hours spent on the test case, I got zero feedback. Guess I was one of the few people to get that far for this particular job opening, and getting no updates at all was weird and disappointing.

Interview Questions

• How do you determine the channel breakdown for a marketing campaign?   Answer Question
    • What would you change on our current main page?   Answer Question

FP&A Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at JetBrains (Prague (Czech Republic)) in July 2019.

Interview

No phone screening, very fast process, direct face to face interview. I was interviewed by the hiring manager and the HR of the company. Both were very nice people and really wanted to understand my skills and my expectations. Very fast and honest feedback after the interview. I would consider this interview process as one of the most pleasant I have ever had. Unfortunately they needed someone more senior for the position.