JetBrains Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JetBrains Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2017

3.2

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBrains.

Interview

It was quite easy and very strait forward. Overall I tool around 6-7 days from the moment I applied till the time I got an offer. Very good impression since the first Skype call.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBrains.

Interview

HR emailed me back with a link to some online files and asked me to put together a manual for them. Ahahahaha, nope, not doing work for you for free.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBrains (New York, NY).

Interview

I sent my cv and didn't get a answer from Jetbrains. So far, so good.

I eventually switched jobs and moved to a new country. I then out of the blue got a half-baked e-mail with some silly story on how they "lost my original e-mail in the system" (if so, how did they "find it", now?) and if I was still willing to relocate from my original country to Germany. So it seems that taking 5 seconds to look at the LinkedIn profile that was provided both in the original application e-mail and cv would be too troublesome to the clueless recruiter that handled this application.

Interview Questions

• Asked me if I was willing to move from a country in which I wasn't even residing.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBrains in May 2017.

Interview

They do 30-minute interviews on-site, you can choose the day and time you like from a few options.
    The interviewers are very friendly and the atmosphere is not stressful in any way.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at JetBrains (Saint Petersburg (Russia)) in July 2015.

Interview

This was my first IT-related job interview and it was awesome, but I was dumb and failed awfully = )

It takes a lot of time between initial contact and onsite interview due to a big conference where company team members participated that time.

I was asked to do a small test job (IDE plugin testing), rather simple if done with diligence and patience. HR also asked about contacts from my previous job (they called in fact!).

The first part of the live interview was held by two HRs with standard questions about previous experience, plans and so on.

The second part was held by the PM (via remote communication from Germany) and one of the project engineers. I expected questions about testing theory, but the majority was language specific (Python) and I was bad with it.

The company compensated my travel expenses. HRs were exceptionally professional and friendly, they provided a complete road map of the interview process, offered a tea and a little snack upon my arrival.

Overall experience was great, one of the best interview process I ever saw.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

The interview process was long and detailed

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JetBrains in February 2010.

Interview

very tranparent and friendly