John Lewis & Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

John Lewis & Partners Interview Questions

Interviews at John Lewis & Partners

2.7

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

This review is about the application process itself. The application form (I can't remember the last time I filled out a cgi form) and questions are very dated and full of faff. Some of the 'Role Specific Questions' aren't role-specific at all! Maybe I don't want to work with the people who came up with these questions and screen people based on their answers to these questions. They also ask for personal details that shouldn't be asked at this stage.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for us?
      What skills and experience do you have that would make you a good fit for this role?
      What would excellent performance look like in this role?   Answer Question

John Lewis & Partners Response

Jul 25, 2019 – Social Media Executive

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that you found the initial application a negative experience. As you have left the title of the vacancy you applied for, we will pass your feedback on for the relevant Partners to review the questions that were asked on this occasion. Please be aware that not all of the personal questions you are asked in the application are visible to the team who then screen your application. Some of the questions asked are for reporting purposes to ensure we remain inclusive with the process. Thank you for your initial interest in the role and the Partnership.

Stock Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. Applied for the position, completed an online assessment, called in for a group interview, followed by an individual interview, then received a job offer.

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Glasgow, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online, had to complete a test then you get invited to group interviews. where is very relaxed but everything is being watched and marked. Always youse "partner" and not staff members

Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

A group role play activity followed by an individual interview where you were asked questions about your qualities, skills and initiative. The group activity was good to bounce ideas off of and the interviewers were really nice.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Group interview no longer individual interviews. Interviewees will ask a series of questions relating to the role, fairly easy similar to Waitrose interview style. Lasts between 1 - 2 hours

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

Really thorough process. We did group activities and had a chance to shine individually. This was a few years ago but you need good knowledge of the company. It was a big assessment day and only took the afternoon. Experienced manager will lead the interview.

Senior Marketing Executive Interview

Interview

Terrible new application system. So I completed the initial application process. It's one of those annoying ones that make you manually add your work experience even though you upload your CV anyway, but ok, fine.
    I was then alerted to the fact that there was a task that needed to be completed before my application went through. I went to the right page and saw that there was 1 task to be completed. I spent the next 30 minutes answering the scenario and personality based questions. The scenario questions are quite unnecessary for an office based role, but thats ok.

I have now been emailed saying that the application period has closed and that my application won't be submitted as I did not complete all of the tasks... well there was only one there and I did complete it... What a waste of my time.

Stock Filler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

online personality test and situational test, then accepted into an assessment centre where i was asked questions within a group of 5 or 6. once we had agreed on the answers the interviewee essentially marked it, and each individual on performance

Interview Questions

• how would you sort these jobs in priority order   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

group interview process, given a customer brief and had to work as a team to select the best options for the customer. to have your voice heard, you had to direct the conversation to demonstrate leadership skills

Operations Interview

Interview

Calm and easy. You work with others and also complete tasks on your own. You have a John Lewis employee assessing you so it is important to make sure you talk as much as you can.

Interview Questions

• Determine order of tasks with the table you are sat with   Answer Question