John Varvatos Interview Questions | Glassdoor

John Varvatos Interview Questions

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Varvatos (New York, NY).

Interview

I found the interview to be very easy. It was done in the store front with the store manager. It was comfortable and simple with just a few questions about my selling style and my ability to multi-task. I left feeling very good about the interview and was offered the job only a few days later.

Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at John Varvatos (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied through school career site and then had an in person interview at their New York office. Overall the process took about a month and half. Response time after interview was pretty quick.

Creative Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at John Varvatos (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Process was okay, hired on the spot.
    Didn't really take into consideration my experience.
    The office is very nice. She was very kind, didn't make me wait too long.
    She was very nice and Human resources was also very helpful they accommodated me and the training was pretty fun.

I also enjoyed the tour of the building and was able to meet everyone. Which I appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Can I handle multiple tasks?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Varvatos.

Interview

You apply online and are phone-screened by a HR. The phone screen can result in another phone screen or they can just bring you in. In general, everything moves very quickly. Once in for the interview, it turned from just one or two interviews into a whirlwind day of interviews with everyone in the department. So, they will expedite your return if you are good candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current role?   1 Answer

Inventory Control Interview

Interview

Interview process was short. Hiring manager seemed rushed and did not seem interested in being there. He was rude and unprofessional and asked a lot of questions that did not pertain to the job position. Did not give a good representation of the John Varvatos company.

PR Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Varvatos.

Interview

Spoke to the HR person and she offered me the position and put me in contact with the PR department

Interview Questions

• None really - pretty straight forward. Just what you want to do, what you expect, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offer $11 a day

Public Relations Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Varvatos (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview a month after I applied on my colleges' job posting site. The interview process was fairly simple. I was asked about my previous experience and why I wanted to work with the company.

Wholesale Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Varvatos (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by one of the supervisors within the Wholesale Department to discuss how I had heard about the opportunity, what I knew about the company, what I was looking to get out of the job, and what I could bring to the company. Also, we discussed my past experiences and reviewed my resume. By the end of the phone call, an offer was made.