Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Interview Questions

2.8

Director of Performance Improvement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Very good and clear about duties expected. The individuals were incredibly professional ranging from the HR person to administrator to VP. They were all helpful and expressed excitement to have me join the team. The orientation process, was one of the best that I have experienced in my career, I felt very prepared and supported to start my new career path. I am very pleased with the benefits and salary. It is now time for me to find a new career path. My position was changed when beds were downsized and I am ready to start a new adventure. I am confident in my abilities and talents and know I will succeed wherever I choose to go.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.

Interview

I applied online and my resume was forwarded to the department. I was called for a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. The next step involved an interview with the clinical supervisor and head nurse. After that step I was invited to a share day where I learned about the job and what I would be doing on a daily basis. I was then. Offered the job about a week later. Now I will be taking a drug test and other pre-employment requirements next week. The whole process was positive and took about 3 months(from applying to offer).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where someone tried to get you to overstep your boundaries.   Answer Question
    • What does recovery wellness mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult time with a coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't want to negotiate the salary was fine.

Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center (Baltimore, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

Hard to find interviewer if you're unfamiliar with the campus and accurate directions were not given. Hard to find parking when you're unfamiliar with campus and be prepared to pay for it. They do validate but make sure you ask for a ticket. What to expect was not adequately explained such as shadowing or taking tours during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How I would deal with difficult people   1 Answer

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Though many years ago, I remember it as a straightforward process. I was hired as a new RN. Worked medical surgical for a few years and then changed departments. Hired within a couple of weeks. Big turnover on medical units. There were two interviews, as I recall, one with the recruiter and one with the unit manager.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center (Baltimore, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online took at least 2 months before I heard back from anyone regarding an interview. First I received a phone call requesting when would be good to schedule an interview, and a few preliminary questions. Then I was asked to drive down to Baltimore for an in person interview. I met with the 2 main Doctors (PIs) and the research assistant I would potentially replace. One doctor was really interested in me and my experiences, and I felt like he seriously considered me for the position, but the other doctor seemed uninterested. I also clicked really well with the former research assistant. After the interview they told me all candidates would hear back by the end of the week, but in reality they sent out automated emails to the people who weren't offered the position. The automated email was super impersonal and hurts your pride a little bit, but I feel like trying to get into the medical profession in general can get very impersonal. The usually expect a 2-4 year commitment, but they don't mention that until the end of the interview and seeing as the position is grant funded the salary is not negotiable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Would you move here? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Physician Assistant - Resident Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center (Baltimore, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

10 interviewees, very similar to PA school interviews. Rotate between 3-4 interviewers for 20min sessions. Have lunch with current residents for Q&A session without supervisors present. Most questions pertained to personal life experience and reasoning as to why you would want to do the residency.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.

Interview

Meet with the Nurse Manager and HR recruiter separately. both basic questions. The manager walked me around the unit and explain the layout. Very friendly

Interview Questions

• How do you handle Conflict with another person   1 Answer

Chaplain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center (Baltimore, MD) in December 2010.

Interview

I applied on-line but never received a call back so I researched the name and contact information of the hiring manager. When I called to follow-up on my application, I was surprised at her response. She explained that she would not have even looked at my application and resume since due to the number of applicants and the costs associated with interviews they decided to only look at applicants from the local region (I lived in another state 10hrs away). When I offered to pay my own travel related costs if selected for an interview, she was impressed and decided to review my application and resume. I was later interview once via telephone for approximately 30 minutes. Subsequently, I was asked to travel to Baltimore for 2 panel interviews that included about 12 and 3 persons respectively. The larger panel included a cross functional panel of stake holders from the hospital departments including doctors, RNs and others. The smaller panel interview was clinical panel of my peers. My third and final interview was via Skype with the hiring managers VP. Everyone was polite and professional during the interview process. They made me an offer and after some negotiations, I accepted. I would advise future candidates to be prepared to answer behavioral questions in the interviews--the questions were standard.

Interview Questions

• What would your friends tell us about you?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you disagreed with your supervior and how it was resolved?   Answer Question

Medical Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center (Baltimore, MD) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied online, called the manager and left a voicemail stating how interested I was in the position and etc then a few weeks later she called me in for an interview then 2 weeks later she called me to take an assessment and now I am waiting for the final say.