Johns Hopkins Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 26, 2018

2.5

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System (Glen Burnie, MD) in May 2010.

Interview

They interview in groups or one-on-one. Basic questioning, just be prepared to not only answer the questions in-depth but also to exude a positive attitude. This is not a place for negativity or laziness! This is the typical advice for ANY interview. Seriously, I'm not going to tell you word for word what I was asked. If you're prepared, you're prepared - and if you can't handle their interview process I find it unlikely you're prepared for an interview anywhere! If you are unsure, just do a general Google search for interview tips and practice.

Senior Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Met with Manager, Assistant Director and Director - Initially met with Manager and then was required to perform a training demonstration. I provided what I would have done Prior to training, a takeaway during my training, and how I would follow-up. I then Met with Director who gave me an overview of the division and need for my position. I met with Asst Director who stressed having a voice. Then met with Manager and discussed specific details.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what kind of quantitative and qualitative data I used to help design training and how I used it. (I had made this claim on my resume, and most questions asked me to provide examples of claims make in my resume and then justifying the relevance of those examples.   Answer Question

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System (Columbia, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was then directed to complete an online assessment. Once I passed the online assessment I received a phone call for the phone interview. In another weeks time, I was contacted to schedule an interview on site.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System (Baltimore, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

Sent my CV/resume and cover letter to PI. Heard back within a week. Scheduled an interview the following week. All communications were handled by the PI's assistant.. Interviewed in person. Head PI was quite busy in the office, since he was a practicing physician in addition to a researcher. Wait was not too long though!

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Asked to walk through my resume. Asked to speak about how my work experience and academic training was relevant to the position   1 Answer

Clinical Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System (Baltimore, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Large group in a small room, rapid fire questions from some, no communication from others. Understand this is a technical group and that some technical individuals are less communicative than others but not sure why you would include those in an interview. Very quick 1 step interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions about work style, technical skill levels with SQL, SSRS, SSIS, Tableau.   1 Answer

Project Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System (Baltimore, MD) in November 2009.

Interview

Learned about job through friend who forwarded resume to manager. Phone interview with manager within 3 days then onsite interview 4 days later with another manager, positve interview. Travel and hotel at my on expense. Questions were general about education and work experience, not very structured interview and managers were not prepared.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

try to negotiate for salary desired, company does give hiring managers room for a wide salary range

Certified Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System (Laurel, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process was quick and simple. The phone interview was informative and the in person meeting with the hiring manager was well done. The manager described what was expected of me and what the options were for moving forward.

Certified Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

3 months for a call because it's who you know. They tried to low ball me on the salary. Very nice at first then didn't want to help when I had questions. Didn't want to help at all

Medical Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odenton, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System (Odenton, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got a call to come in for an interview. Interviewed with 3 administrative supervisors and the office manager. They requested 3 references and called all of them. 2 weeks later I received an offer for the job and I took it!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience working in healthcare.
      Have you used Epic before?
      How would you handle a difficult situation with a co-worker (if a co-worker was not performing his/her job duties, what would you do?)   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System (Baltimore, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a bit of a joke. Was not asked any serious questions. No information was requested about my experience. It was simply a "will she fit" type of interview. Management is only interested in finding people who will be drones. Mindless followers.

It only took FOREVER to get feedback, as well. If they interview you in say February they'll call you in May to make you an offer... seems as if they get upset when people turn them down- are we meant to wait for them for 3 months?

Interview Questions

• "What would you do if you were asked, by management, to do something that you felt was the wrong way to do something?   1 Answer