Johns Hopkins Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.6

EPIC Applications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview, and the person who contacted me was very friendly and personable. We discussed what Epic is and the projects Hopkins is working on at integrating Epic and we discussed bringing me in for an aptitude test to see how I fare working with computers and the soft ware and the verbal communication section of the test.

Certified Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

3 months for a call because it's who you know. They tried to low ball me on the salary. Very nice at first then didn't want to help when I had questions. Didn't want to help at all

Senior Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Met with Manager, Assistant Director and Director - Initially met with Manager and then was required to perform a training demonstration. I provided what I would have done Prior to training, a takeaway during my training, and how I would follow-up. I then Met with Director who gave me an overview of the division and need for my position. I met with Asst Director who stressed having a voice. Then met with Manager and discussed specific details.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what kind of quantitative and qualitative data I used to help design training and how I used it. (I had made this claim on my resume, and most questions asked me to provide examples of claims make in my resume and then justifying the relevance of those examples.   Answer Question

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System (Columbia, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was then directed to complete an online assessment. Once I passed the online assessment I received a phone call for the phone interview. In another weeks time, I was contacted to schedule an interview on site.

BA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System (Baltimore, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

In 2 of the 3 interview instances. There was NO follow-up at all. Not even a courtesy form letter/e-mail to say "Thanks, but No Thanks". Human Resources dept seems to have No Clue whats going on at the Hiring/Hiring Manager end. 2 of 3 Hiring Managers weren't even courteous enough to respond to emails or phone calls after having interviewed with them personally. If you contact HR in following up, you get the proverbial equivalent of a shoulder shrug and a Scooby-Doo, "I Don't Know". Makes you wonder about the overall culture. Is it a bunch of multi-syllable titled, smug.......(you fill in the blank).

Interview Questions

• Your qualifications are impressive, explain what made you apply to this role.   Answer Question

Clinical Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System (Baltimore, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Large group in a small room, rapid fire questions from some, no communication from others. Understand this is a technical group and that some technical individuals are less communicative than others but not sure why you would include those in an interview. Very quick 1 step interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions about work style, technical skill levels with SQL, SSRS, SSIS, Tableau.   1 Answer

Clinical Social Work Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online. I had a phone interview and then was asked to come in for a personal interview. I felt very comfortable during the interview. The interview questions were very direct with the focus of past performance.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had a hard time with a supervisor.   Answer Question

Supervisor Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Burnie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System (Glen Burnie, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

The online application process was cumbersome but no more than other large organizations. I found it peculiar that the initial point of contact was the supervisor of the hiring manager, and that I only spoke with two people at length.

Salary range was low but not unexpected for an institution of this nature.

Interview Questions

• The 50 questions about my technical aptitude on everything from networking to servers to data storage.   Answer Question

Certified Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System (Laurel, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process was quick and simple. The phone interview was informative and the in person meeting with the hiring manager was well done. The manager described what was expected of me and what the options were for moving forward.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System (Baltimore, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

Sent my CV/resume and cover letter to PI. Heard back within a week. Scheduled an interview the following week. All communications were handled by the PI's assistant.. Interviewed in person. Head PI was quite busy in the office, since he was a practicing physician in addition to a researcher. Wait was not too long though!

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Asked to walk through my resume. Asked to speak about how my work experience and academic training was relevant to the position   1 Answer