Julius Baer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Julius Baer Interview Questions

Interviews at Julius Baer

2.9

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Julius Baer (London, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online, Call received from HR, requesting basic information, salary expectations, my attraction to the job, do I know anyone that works there, after a few weeks contact made to book Interview with the hiring manager, time was booked around my availability, the usual probing questions regarding previous experiences, skills, achievements. More details on the role provided.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very straightforward, they would request your previous salary and try to stick to that as much as possible. You would need to be prepared to insist on your requirements and rationalize it if necessary.

Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Julius Baer in August 2013.

Interview

I got initially scheduled interview with line manager, then HR. Afterwards online tests to test my analytical abilities. Both HR and line manager valued mostly impression from the interview. Problem with work permits for foreigners is typical for Switzerland, but company decided to fight for my right to work there.

Risk Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Julius Baer in September 2008.

Interview

asked every thing there is to ask. education history , work and employment history, duties and skill sets, past and present salaries, expectation about the future.
    my turn to ask, I questioned on the company plan and direction going forward, what sort of road map to expect, how would performance be appraised....
    perhaps I was not sufficiently attentive, or was too abrasive when asking questions, or simply did not meet the expectations, or something I am not aware of, well, did not receive any offer.
    well, a good learning experience nonetheless.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your life's experiences   1 Answer

RM Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Julius Baer (Manchester City Centre, England (UK)).

Interview

No competency based questions, just general chit chat. Asked where I was originally from, which made me uncomfortable as I am not native British. Anyway, I answered her question... Job description specified that there was an expectation from the successful candidate to get qualifications and become an RM. However, the feedback I got from the unsuccessful interview was that my aspiration (to aim to eventually become and RM) is beyond what the role can offer.... I am not sure if the interviewer had read the job description! Also, no RM or anybody from the actual relevant department was present at the interview, just two ladies from HR and Operation!!!???

I think it would have been useful to have an experienced Relationship Manager present at the interview, somebody who has actually worked in the capacity of dealing with customers and not just HR and back office.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself   1 Answer
    • Where does your name come from? ( I read it as: What's your ethnicity?)   1 Answer
    • Why are you leaving your present employer?   1 Answer

Translator Interview

Interview

Step one: complete a skill test within the day;
    Step two: wait for the interviewer's call for face to face interview;
    Step three: wait a while more, hang in there, have faith in yourself!;
    Step four: attend the first face to face interview with the reporting officer of the position;
    Step five: fill up all the forms given to u and print out your pay slips
    Step six: attend another face to face interview with the HR and submit all those forms and your pay slips and certificates. There may be more forms to fill up if u have some unique circumstances;
    Step seven: receive a call from the HR or the hiring agent who will check with u on whether u are agreeable on the package and tentative start date and stuff;
    Step eight: once u agree verbally, wait some more for them to get approval from the higher management;
    Step seven: be patient, they need to do some compliance checks and background checks and stuff;
    Step eight: once u pass the compliance checks and background checks and all, u will be signing the contract.

The whole process took more than 2 months.

Negotiation

They really asked for pay slips and even bonus payout documents so that they could stick as closely to it as possible. But overall, their package is better than my expectation.

Business Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Julius Baer (Zürich (Switzerland)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two separate parts. One was a phone interview, with personal fir questions, no technicalities. The other was a face to face interview with HR (Personal Fit) and three members (including MD) general technicalities.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years   1 Answer

Senior Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Julius Baer (Zürich (Switzerland)) in January 2019.

Interview

The technical interviews are very good and challenging. Developers seem nice people too.

For the team culture and human point of view, it seems to be a very bad place to work. I didn't receive an offer but I would never have accepted. I have been from 9.30 AM to 2.15 PM in a meeting room doing interviews with all the team (2:1 or 1:1) without having lunch, they were not even asking if I needed more water or to use the bathroom.
    Something like that never happened to me before!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone comes at your desk yelling at you?   Answer Question

Investment Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Julius Baer (Geneva (Switzerland)) in May 2017.

Interview

First Cv and Cover letter exchange via Email - then if accepted, short phone call with bank employees. Third step is face to face interview which is probably the most intense. Results received a week or two after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How does a Portfolio consist of? and what are the most important stats to include?   1 Answer

Static Data Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Julius Baer (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2016.

Interview

Inteview was quick and lasted for 15 - 20 minutes. Friendly and nice interviewer and they are professional. Interviewer clarify every single details of the role. Interviewer was on time.

Sachbearbeiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Julius Baer (Zürich (Switzerland)).

Interview

Gespräche mit HR und Team Leiter zu je 30 bis 45 min. Sehr angenehme Gespräche mit beiden Verantwortlichen. Danach Rundgang im Unternehmen. Zuerst Kennenlern-Phase mit Fragen zum persönlichen Hintergrund und danach spezifische Fragen zur zukünftigen Position.