Jump Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2018

3.2

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

went through the Resume first and asked some questions about my resume, and then asked two python and javascript questions, how to implement stack in which language you like. Then ask questions but he answered very ambiguously.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

Coding challenge, then phone screen and finally a full day on-site technical interview. Recruiter is very attentive and responds quickly to emails. On-site interviews are with engineers and they are very helpful and friendly during the process, even though some problems can be challenging.

Web/UI Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jump Trading in January 2018.

Interview

applied online. 45min phone screen. he was a CTO (maybe) .
    walk through past experience, closure, javascript, python, some CS fundamental question, some about web dev, no coding
    plus some behavioral questions.
    finally, let me ask questions.

Interview Questions

• mainly experience, closure, javascript, python, no coding   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Interview

Asked one probability question, one Programming on finding the number if zeros in an array, and one Linear Algebra about finding a vector that has the same angle with some vectors.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jump Trading.

Interview

Emailed you saying that they wanted to interview. If you accept their interview request, they proceeds to make you do a 3 hour long online coding challenge in the busiest time of the semester. Seriously, this practice needs to stop. It's disrespectful at best.

Software Engineer() Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jump Trading.

Interview

I got an interview offer for Jump Labs, and did a codility coding challenge online. They said there is a phone interview and onsite interview after the coding challenge but did not get an offer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Contacted me a year ago, got dinner and coffee with the recruiters. When fall came around did an interview on campus. Received an offer but for Jump Labs instead of Jump Trading because I'm a sophomore.

Interview Questions

• Paths from top left to bottom right of matrix. Got it pretty fast but they were disappointed I didn't memoize it.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

An on campus interview followed by an onsite interview. There was a stat interview, programming, math interview, lunch, and you meet one of the founders, who was not very friendly.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jump Trading.

Interview

Apply through campus career service website. Got interview 1 weeks later. Talk briefly about the resume and research experience. Then coding question about implementing a simple algorithm. did not get an offer

Quantitative Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Jump Trading (New York, NY).

Interview

I answered every question successfully and got along with everyone. However, throughout the whole process, I got the distinct impression they were just farming me for trading strategies from my existing company. There were multiple sessions where the interviewer did nothing but prod for confidential information.

At the end they rejected with no explanation.

Because they wasted my time, I'm posting all the questions they asked here. If you're in the industry, I strongly recommend avoiding this interview.

Interview Questions

• Given a char buffer[4096], write a malloc implementation.   2 Answers
    • Given a dependency graph, write a function to return a vector of all nodes such that all children are listed before the parent. Then make the function print each node only once.   1 Answer
    • Two players are playing a game where you can pick either 1 or 2. The player that gets to 15 wins. Is there a strategy such that one player will always win and if so which player can use it?   2 Answers
    • Write a dot product of 1000000 numbers that runs as fast as possible using SSE/AVX.   Answer Question
    • Take an integer, sum the square of its digits, repeat on the result. Some numbers will converge on 1, others will converge on 89. Write an algorithm to give the count of numbers from 1 to 1000000 that converge on 89.   1 Answer