Jump Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2018

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Chicago, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

Online coding challenge followed by tech interview and **3** onsites. The last onsite includes a visit with the partner (oh what a pleasure) and the CIO. The recruiter took a long time to get back with an offer and was incredibly rude when I rejected the offer. As someone interviewing there, you should expect that we are interviewing elsewhere. You shouldn't be rude and so demeaning when we turn down an offer to work there.

Interview Questions

• Python specific questions, C++ specific questions regarding OOO and language nuances   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

went through the Resume first and asked some questions about my resume, and then asked two python and javascript questions, how to implement stack in which language you like. Then ask questions but he answered very ambiguously.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

Coding challenge, then phone screen and finally a full day on-site technical interview. Recruiter is very attentive and responds quickly to emails. On-site interviews are with engineers and they are very helpful and friendly during the process, even though some problems can be challenging.

Web/UI Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jump Trading in January 2018.

Interview

applied online. 45min phone screen. he was a CTO (maybe) .
    walk through past experience, closure, javascript, python, some CS fundamental question, some about web dev, no coding
    plus some behavioral questions.
    finally, let me ask questions.

Interview Questions

• mainly experience, closure, javascript, python, no coding   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Interview

Asked one probability question, one Programming on finding the number if zeros in an array, and one Linear Algebra about finding a vector that has the same angle with some vectors.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jump Trading.

Interview

Emailed you saying that they wanted to interview. If you accept their interview request, they proceeds to make you do a 3 hour long online coding challenge in the busiest time of the semester. Seriously, this practice needs to stop. It's disrespectful at best.

Software Engineer() Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jump Trading.

Interview

I got an interview offer for Jump Labs, and did a codility coding challenge online. They said there is a phone interview and onsite interview after the coding challenge but did not get an offer

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Champaign, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial phone screening with the leader of the project that I was interested in working on. We had a follow up interview a couple of weeks later on campus that was more in depth and involved personal questions about resume details and project experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Contacted me a year ago, got dinner and coffee with the recruiters. When fall came around did an interview on campus. Received an offer but for Jump Labs instead of Jump Trading because I'm a sophomore.

Interview Questions

• Paths from top left to bottom right of matrix. Got it pretty fast but they were disappointed I didn't memoize it.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

An on campus interview followed by an onsite interview. There was a stat interview, programming, math interview, lunch, and you meet one of the founders, who was not very friendly.