Jump Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jump Trading Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2018

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume online. I was called to gauge interest in positions they wanted to fill and blew them off. They called back a couple months later and wanted me to apply for a position I wasn't heavily qualified for even though they had positions that I was. I did a phone interview and then an in-person interview with four groups. Two were technical, one was the non-technical part of the team, and one was a board member.

My real issue was with the process. THEY CONTACTED MY EMPLOYER WITHOUT TELLING ME. Luckily the person was aware of my situation, but this was EXTREMELY unprofessional. They also were kind enough to never actually follow up with a decision, even though I know this to mean they passed. They passed because I was not qualified, which was what I was telling the recruiter the duration of the process. Unprofessional all around.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Chicago, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

The process was a tough on-campus interview followed by a 4 hour on-site interview. The questions were fairly difficult and focused on concurrency, mainly in C/C++. The questions were very technical with plenty of follow-up questions. Dinner afterword was very good!

Interview Questions

• Design a smartPtr   1 Answer
    • Semaphore example...describe the output, if certain outputs are possible. Take into account multi-threaded implementation.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Jump Trading.

Interview

very add experience.
    After passed the online programming test, I was scheduled a phone interview with HR director.
    What happened was:
    1. asked me to move the phone interview to a different time 5 minuets before the appointment time without any reason.
    2. for the 2nd scheduled phone interview time, HR told me their director was in airport 2 hours before the scheduled time.
    3. HR director did not call me at the scheduled time without any notice.
    4. HR called me finally, without making apology. I used line phone to receive the call, but the director said that sound quality was bad and called me back later. I never received the call later.
    5. contacted company to reschedule the phone interview time, no reply

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

Coding challenge, then phone screen and finally a full day on-site technical interview. Recruiter is very attentive and responds quickly to emails. On-site interviews are with engineers and they are very helpful and friendly during the process, even though some problems can be challenging.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on the university portal. After resume shortlisting, first round was on campus interview. Received a call after 2 weeks for on-site interview. It included 4 interviews which were all technical. Asked about systems and DSA. More weightage on C++ and bit manipulation.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Madison, WI) in September 2014.

Interview

I just talked to one of their job recruiters at a on campus career fair. I gave him my resume, and he asked me to write a very easy function. He said my function can be optimized and told me to wait for the email, but he never contacts me again.

Interview Questions

• It was an on campus career fair. One of the recruiters asked me to write a function that prints out fizz when the parameter is divisible by 3 and prints out buzz when it is divisible by 5. And it can be in any programming language   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had an on-campus interview. My solution to the question was not the best. I realized this at the end of the interview. However, they still gave me an onsite interview. There were 3 interviews. The questions were relatively the same as the questions asked to my friends who interviewed during the previous years. Coding questions involved tricky linked list concepts. Other questions were mainly to see how familiar I was with a coding language. (This part of the interview seemed nonsensical because you learn most of these skills on the job. My school doesn't delve into the nitty gritty details about a specific programming language). I was also given a tour of the office and was dismayed by the lack of women present. Honestly, this place did not seem like a friendly or open environment for diverse individuals who have a passion to learn. It just seemed as if I was being tested on whether I knew something by heart or not. Finally, it seemed ridiculous that they were interviewing almost 10x more people than the spots they had for the internship.

Interview Questions

• Brain teaser questions...the infamous find the heaviest ball where 7 out 8 weigh the same.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jump Trading.

Interview

Apply through campus career service website. Got interview 1 weeks later. Talk briefly about the resume and research experience. Then coding question about implementing a simple algorithm. did not get an offer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jump Trading.

Interview

Interview process was informal (did not need to wear a suit) and seemed to be mostly behaviorally based. The questions were not designed to be tricky. The company seemed to be genuinely interested in getting to know the interviewees, and seemed to have a start-up feel.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Champaign, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial phone screening with the leader of the project that I was interested in working on. We had a follow up interview a couple of weeks later on campus that was more in depth and involved personal questions about resume details and project experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer