Jumptap Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jumptap Inc Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jumptap Inc

Jumptap Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jumptap Inc.

Interview

some coding problem, not very algorithm based

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jumptap Inc.

Interview

The people at Jumptap were very quick in getting back to me, very helpful in describing the company and the position, and very kind throughout the correspondence. They were flexible with the interview time and I think it would be a great place for students and new professionals to apply and start their career.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jumptap Inc.

Interview

Interviewed on campus. Asked about projects I had worked on. Invited to onsite. Asked regular questions about data structures and a simple coding question.

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

Putting everything else aside, this is the very first company I had on-site interview with out of more than a dozen in my whole career life, that DID NOT offer a lunch for a 5+-hour interview that went well past noon time.

If you had mostly made up your mind about the candidate's qualifications for the position prior to the interview, just cancel the interview and save everybody's time! At least this may save you from being regarded as a disreputable company.

Objectively speaking, the overall interviewers' skills and caliber are very much 'on average'.

Interview Questions

• "Design a system that lets the advertiser to target the wanted audience. "
      With more than 10 minutes' explanations, pseudo coding and white boarding, the interviewer still couldn't get a clue about the logic framework and algorithmic design in my answer, something that I have well practiced in the field for years.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jumptap Inc.

Interview

It went good, I met 4 people consisting a mix of software engineers and QA Engineers. The interview overshot by 1:30 hrs and left me starving since it started just before lunch time and ended around 3:30 hrs later with no break. Every one I met seemed nice.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, the initial offer was very low considering the boston area living expenses, my experience and the quality of education I attended. The benifits are very avg. The insurance monthly deductible from your salary is pretty high.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jumptap Inc in February 2010.

Interview

The company seemed great, but highly disorganized which is why they are hiring, they really need more people. I initially got a phone call asking to come in for an interview and was told a confirmation email would be sent to me, it was never sent. I called and asked if they are still expecting me to come in and then was sent an email confirming date and time.

I came in and the interviewer was running late, which was fine so someone else came out to 'pass the time' and interview me. We talked about the job, the company and my experiences, everything seemed to go well. Very smart people, seemed like a great start up to work at.

The second part of the interview was ok too, a little hectic and disorganized as well and I was reminded a few times of how little time there was to be interviewed. The first thing that was said to me was how they couldn't believe that many interviews were scheduled and there wasn't enough time so we had to hurry. We talked again about the job, the need for a new person and my experiences. Easy.

Many of my simple questions about the company/culture could not be answered, I asked about benefits and told that they weren't that great but had to ask HR. The interviewer has an incredible background and was really a very nice person who just needed some organization and help. Overall, I would have had to think about it if I was offered the position, but since I was not then that made everything easy.

There were no difficult questions, just a lot of "I have to leave soon so lets hurry" The next business day I was sent a rejection letter. I would apply here again in the future, but the business and overall start up culture may not appeal to many people.