Justice Resource Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Justice Resource Institute Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Justice Resource Institute.

Interview

After I sent in my application I was immediately contacted (within the day) and set up my interview for that weekend. When I arrived I was unsure where to go, but eventually found the door. I then went and filled out paperwork and was met by an incredibly nice and friendly staff for my interview. She put me at ease and was extremely informative.

Interview Questions

• What does safety mean to you?   1 Answer

Residential Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Justice Resource Institute.

Interview

Easy, felt more like a brief conversion than an interview. Discussed the kinds of children they work with, and the availability of hours. Not the best schedules available. They were in the process of turning the school into a residential home (Littleton ma)

Academic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I interviewed at Justice Resource Institute (Lexington, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied by emailing resume and cover letter to contact listed on job description. Received email in about 1 week to set up interview. At interview first was required to fill out written application and several consent forms for background checks

Interview Questions

• What kinds of exciting activities do you do outside of work that you could offer here on campus?   Answer Question
    • Are you okay with the condition that if another staff member does not show up for their shift you will be required to stay to maintain staff/student ratios, regardless of what you have going on in your personal life?   Answer Question

Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Justice Resource Institute (Concord, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position and immediately received an email requesting that I come in for an interview. The managers I met with were extremely knowledgeable and professional. They were honest about the difficulties of the position and forthcoming about any perceived annoyances of the work. We conversed for about 30 minutes. They then gave me a tour of their facility and introduced me to other staff members, which gave me a feel for the environment. I also got to meet some of the girls in the residential facility and where they live, work, eat, and play. The entire process was very straight-forward, easy and positive.

Interview Questions

• How will your prior experiences inform your attitude here?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Justice Resource Institute in May 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed on previous work experience related to working with children, specifically troubled youth. They also ask personality questions and questions related to stress tolerance. I was also hired at a time where they were desperate for staff and assume it has become more difficult to obtain a job.

Interview Questions

• What is one experience you had where you felt overwhelmed by the situation?   Answer Question

School Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Justice Resource Institute (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interviewers were very welcoming. In addition to asking questions related to safety, professional boundaries, and overall experience, they also asked questions about me as an individual which showed they had interest in the type of person I was and not just the type of worker I was.

Interview Questions

• What does a successful and safe school environment look like for you?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thompson, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Justice Resource Institute (Thompson, CT).

Interview

I had an interview last week and hoping to hear back. I felt very comfortable. I am waiting for them to let me know if they are interested in seeing me again.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I was able to work overtime occasionally.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Justice Resource Institute (Attleboro, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

I met with the program director and she was incredibly kind, flexible with giving intern hours around a college schedule. Did not feel a ton of pressure or competition. Learned a lot about the program and responsibilities of an intern.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to work at this program/with the adolescent population?   Answer Question

Overnight Awake Counsulor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Justice Resource Institute (Attleboro, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

it was very laid back. the house manager was very friendly and outgoing. she described the company as a whole and what is to be expected from me. she made me feel like I was already part of the staff and the staff was very helpful with any questions I had.

Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Justice Resource Institute.

Interview

Very simple face to face interview with a higher management personal member. Lasted about half an hour and generally consisted of my goals and my desire to work with children. Basically informing individual of the placement and the routines. Most important part is a clean driving record and cori check.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel about restraining someone?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate much unless you have a degree or experience.