KBC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KBC (Hartford, CT) in March 2011.

Interview

it is a very straight forward interview, not many questions asked.

Negotiation

Senior Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KBC (Brussels (Belgium)).

Interview

Formal interview. And hour long with future boss and head of department. Second full day interview with future colleagues. Third full day of assessment center. Classic consulting frameworks and analysis.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at KBC.

Interview

it is a face-to-face interview. Only a few questions were asked.

Credit Risk Modeling Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KBC (Brussels (Belgium)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process consists of a meeting with the team manager and an assessment day. During the assessment day I was presented with an in-tray exercise, three IQ tests (verbal, number series and finding similarities between groups of figures), a general interview and a business case. I found the interview process to be very professional. I also got the results very quickly.

Interview Questions

• In-tray exercise, three IQ tests (verbal, number series and finding similarities between groups of figures), a general interview and a business case   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KBC (Brussels (Belgium)) in February 2015.

Interview

phone interview, written exam, presentation, human resources, department head+colleagues, overall quite professional: both soft and hard skills are interviewed, and also you have to do a case study, afterwards you have to make presentation to demonstrate your strategies to solve problems/ improve the current situations

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KBC in November 2014.

Interview

As it was explained in detail, there will be (after they have screened your cv) online tests first. Afterwards you will be invited for a interview with the manager (which was a pleasant experience, the managers are warm and friendly). If all goes well, you'll have to withstand a day in the assessment which consists of the following: in tray exercise, business case, interview with HR, verification of online tests.

In overall, it was a very interesting experience, the good thing is that they work according the waterfall method (meaning: they select only one person for the assessment, if he/she fails the second on the list gets the opportunity etc.). What left a very good impression on me was the hospitality and warmness of the organisation in a professional way. The only downside I can say about the process is that it takes some time, you have to be patient for some months.

Junior Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KBC (Brussels (Belgium)) in July 2014.

Interview

Initial communication was very confusing. The recruiting page of their website didn't function properly at the time when I applicated. Eventually after three or four weeks my application was processed and I was sent an online test (sort of an IQ-test). Later I had a telephone conversation with two different recruiters, the first was quite general (asked me all the information which could be found on my CV, sometimes skipping to different languages), the second recruiter asked questions about my master-thesis (which was relevant to the position) and my indept questions about my previous risk-related work during a summer internship.

Interview Questions

• Explaining my academic work on regulatory compliance of financial companies.   Answer Question
    • Why I found risk management to be important.   Answer Question

I didn't feel comforatable with the recruitement process. Also the offer was well below other offers I recieved.

Risk Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KBC (Brussels (Belgium)) in July 2014.

Interview

Basically, if you already had some few years of work experiences (my case), your application will be treated in the following consequences:
    - CV scanning by HR
    - Interview with business manager
    - Assessment center (as everyone mentioned with full day of assessment).

In the other way around, you will be asked to do online test + interview with HR + do the tests on site again + interview with business manager.

My impression through two interviews with business managers was really really positive. They was sharing, open and did not ask really technical questions at all. However, the process was too long. My 2nd interview as 1 month away from the first interview (excused by the holiday period). And final feedback was another month from the 2nd interview.

The only thing I was not really happy about the process is that they did not give the feedback when I asked for in the end.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KBC.

Interview

1. Online IQ tests: number sequences, abstract reasoning, analogies

2. Assessment day: 30min group 'case' (focus on getting a solution but stand up enough for your own ideas, take notes, keep an eye on the time), IQ tests, 1h in-tray exercise, lunch break, 30 min 1-1 HR interview, deliberation, 1h 1-1 case study (be creative, make assumptions outside available data set to show creativity)

3. Line manager interview(s)

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KBC (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2014.

Interview

A friend of mine referred me for a Business Analysis role in KBC Bank Ireland. A HR administrator contacted me to arrange an interview; I requested a confirmation email to confirm dates, time and interviewer details. After a week with no response, I contacted the admin again for the details.
    On the day of the interview, I was met by the hiring manager and HR recruiter, the interview started 10 minutes later than scheduled.
    The panellist were friendly, good body language and the questions were clear. As the hour was approaching, one of the hiring manager asked 3 rapid questions and wanted quick answers, while answering the questions he cut me short and told me what answers he was looking for. I thought that was unprofessional as I was punctual and he could have clarified what he was looking for when he asked the questions.
    I was told that I would be contacted by the end of the following week, I sent a follow on email nearly 2 weeks after and 4 weeks later there has been no communication from the bank.
    If I am offered a position, I will reject it as I would not work for a company that treats potential employees with little or no respect.