KEL Attorneys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KEL Attorneys Interview Questions

1.7

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KEL Attorneys (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a little too easy. I felt like they were trying to get a sense of how desperate I was for the job. My desperation was sufficiently apparent, so I was offered and accepted the job. Wish I had it all to do over again and I would run far far away.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KEL Attorneys (Orlando, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Very few questions. Very brief. In hindsight they probably did not place much emphasis on the interview because they just needed someone with a bar card to sign pleadings. Partner and managing attorney conducted the interview. They didn't seem overly concerned about anything.

Interview Questions

• How many cases have you handled at one time.   1 Answer

Associate Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KEL Attorneys.

Interview

Promises were made regarding expected salary via two telephonic interviews with a managing attorney, but in person interview revealed that would not be the case. Offer expressed half would be the salary and potential bonus would account for the remaining.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to handle a 300-case caseload?   1 Answer

Consultant Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KEL Attorneys (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted directly by my now office manager (OM) regarding the position. I had never even contacted the company before, but they found my information on Monster and called me. After a brief and very basic Q&A with the OM on Tuesday I was offered an in person interview for Thursday.

My interview was with the OM, who I had spoken with on the phone, and with the department manager (DM) who I had never spoken with (I didn't even know the DM was going to be there). The office Manager fetched me from the waiting room, introduced themselves and then the DM. The interview was conducted almost entirely by the DM in a small conference room, and consisted of mostly easy standard questions and a few not-too-hard non-standard questions. The back and forth wasn't overly formal, sometimes seeming almost conversational. At the end of the questioning I was granted the chance to speak freely in describing myself.

Overall it was very straightforwards, and was told pretty much that if I "did well" on the personality tests that they would have an offer of employment to me within 24hrs of completing the 'tests'.

Interview Questions

• Paraphrasing - "Describe to me a past phone conversation you had with either a client or potential client, how it went, and how you felt personally about it"   Answer Question
    • Paraphrasing - "Tell me about your customer service experiences and how you best interact with clients or potential clients"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. For a first job out of college (with internship and past part time experience) what was offered pay wise was well beyond my expectations, but also set solidly in stone.

Bankrutpcy Document Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at KEL Attorneys (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Really Quick.. They mask the job description and tell you lies about training into a paralegal. The job description is not clear nor consise. Please have questions about the position ready in debt.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for this position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Horrible.

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at KEL Attorneys in September 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 in person interview where specific employment, salary and benefit promises were falsely made, job offer which does not include parameters but verbal that they would be added at 60-90 day review/evaluation, no training, thrown into a caseload for at least 2 employees, no follow-through with employment, salary and benefit promises.

Negotiation

Terrible, no response to negotiation meeting request. Was promised specifics during interview process, not followed through with at offer and told would be taken care of at promised early review (which never happened)

Billing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KEL Attorneys (Orlando, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Not long at all. They was really backed up . I was hired on the spot. Not that many questions asked.
    Nothing else to add not a very hard interview it was quick.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got what they offered

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KEL Attorneys.

Interview

Pretty simple and laid back. I met with the HR person and my manager that day. I was hired that day on the spot and got an offer letter that day. Was not really that hard to get the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Reception Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KEL Attorneys (Orlando, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was amazing. Looked like a professional place to work everyone was dressed up and smiley. They took me into this room with an amazing view of the whole city. The questions were inclined to show contrast and self confidence.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're right for this job?
      What makes you different from the rest of the people that have interviewed?
      What are some of your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KEL Attorneys.

Interview

phone interview followed by face-to-face

Interview Questions

• what would you do if a client threatened yourself or your attorney?   Answer Question

Negotiation

non-optional. I was tricked in receiving a trial wage for three months but those three months never came in my 2 years