KNF&T Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KNF&T Interview Questions

1.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KNF&T (Boston, MA).

Interview

Very quick and easy interview. I sat down with two representatives where we went over my experience and what was relatable to positions available. Those representatives then keep in touch with you while looking for suitable positions for you.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KNF&T (Boston, MA).

Interview

When applying through KNF&T, you must know which department you are meeting with. They offer a temp side, and a direct hire side. For me, I interviewed with a member for the direct hire side. She was very plesant, but fast paced. Then, I met with a member from the temp side. At first, I felt a little put off, but it was then explained to me that while they were looking for a permanent position for me, they would also try to find me work in a contract role. My best advice with this company is known what you want, and know that they cant ALWAYS find you a role.

Interview Questions

• What type of role are you looking for?
      Can you expand on your skills?
      Answer Question

Administrative Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KNF&T (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online on a Friday night and by 10am Monday was making an appointment over the phone. Went to their Boston office. Interview started on time. Spoke with a friendly enough recruiter who had read my resume beforehand and allowed me to ask a few questions, although most of the interview was her talking at me. She did not ask me very many questions, only what sort of jobs I was looking for, what would be acceptable pay, when could I start, etc. They are evasive about their placement rate ("oh it depends if the jobs are there, etc. etc.", wouldn't tell me how long most people in my situation wait for a job, etc.), but she did hand me some actual job descriptions and gave me examples of people they had placed in similar positions. They want you to have your paperwork all filled out (including background check and payroll stuff) beforehand and kind of act like you've already agreed to everything. Did not ask me about particular skills claimed on my resume and did not test me on them, which seemed weird. If they're sincerely interested in placing me in an office job, especially a temp to perm, don't they want to know about my computer skills and whether I am qualified to do it? Overall impersonal, abrupt, and highly efficient in getting you in there, into their pool, and out of there.

Entry Level Roles Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KNF&T in June 2016.

Interview

Easy process, went into the office and discussed my resume and where I would like to work. They look for matches to my experiences and the type of work I would like to do and help set up an interview. Met with several different people from different departments, seemed like a close knit office that was very dedicated to finding you a job you actually want. Ongoing process, but great first step.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about each of your past work experiences. What are you looking for in a job?   Answer Question

KNF&T Response

Jul 8, 2016 – Marketing & Communications Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you had a positive experience with KNF&T and are dedicated to helping you find the right fit for your next job.

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KNF&T (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

Walked into office asked for contact person was asked to fill out somr paperwork. After I finished the paperwork I was asked to sit at one of the computers. I was given a username and password, then was asked to complete tests, a competency, HIPPA, and medical assistant 1 test to ensure skills were up to date. Then I was shone to a room where the staffing recruiter came to me me hold the interview.When we where finished she informed me she would be callingme as soon as she checked my references and let me know what was available, thanked me, and that was the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experience, how long I have been working in my current field/other medical fields, education and certifications/licences, any history of legal issues etc...   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KNF&T (Boston, MA).

Interview

Process took about a day from when I applied. I went in to interview for a completely different position and they say that they had this position open so would I be willing to be considered for it. Honestly I was fine with it but a bit annoyed that I can in for a different job and was given this instead. They then had the president of the company I believe come in a say hi to me, however she barely open the door to say hello. It just seemed unprofessional. I felt like the whole process was very pushy and they just like to get people in and out as fast as they can. Would never recommend applying to any of there job postings.

Interview Questions

• They had me take some personality quiz. It had about 50 questions on it and thats how they decide if you are a good fit for them.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KNF&T.

Interview

I applied for a position that was posted for a client of this employer. I was contacted by a recruiter, and was not a good fit for the client. The recruiter was intuitive, though, and told me about an internal opening that was a available in an area very close to where I was relocating to. I let her know that I was interested, and scheduled an interview for the day that I would be in town for interviews. I met with the branch manager. It went very well. She was easy to talk to. Being from the same industry, we spoke the same language. I was only in town for one day. Typically, a candidate would meet with at least one other member of the team. I was in the airport when I received a call from one of those managers. I spoke with her briefly. I received a call or email the next day with an offer. I countered, and by the end of the week accepted an offer.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very conversational, and I cannot recall a question that stood out as very difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. I presented a range of acceptable salary. I was offered the low end of my target salary, and countered with a salary in the middle of my range. I was relocating 1,500 miles, however, and this may have impacted the decision to offer me the higher rate.

Financial Services Positions Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KNF&T in February 2012.

Interview

KNF&T was the absolute worst experience I ever had with a staffing agency. This past winter I was called by one of their recruiters and he told me that I was a great fit for three opportunities that he was he was trying to fill asap. We set up a day and time to meet in person at their office near Post Office Square.

When I arrived it was a 20 minute wait to meet with the recruiter. When I was waiting, one of the recruiters was talking with the receptionist and they were visibly irritated. The recruiter was furious that a candidate had just left a message that she was going to accept another offer for more money! The recruiter said we just lost our commission! Keep in mind this exchange took place in the lobby and was clearly audible to candidates waiting. Very professional and confidence inspiring, haha.

I then met my recruiter and he only asked me a few questions and he pretty much talked the entire time about how long he had been in recruiting and how many great opportunities KNF&T has available. It was obvious that he was very experienced in recruiting. I asked him about the three opportunities that he told me about on the phone and he named three companies, but was unable to recall the job titles and had no descriptions.

A large portion of the discussion turned to current and previous salaries. He said that by law all potential employers must verify the current or previous salary of applicants to ensure that new hires are getting a reasonable and fair market value. Due to this law, I was told that candidates should ALWAYS disclose salary history from the start of the interview process. Employment lawyers have verified that there is not any such law. Simply another tactic to try to low-anchor salaries.

After our discussion I asked him to email me the three job descriptions that we talked about. I received two emails with no subject line, greeting, or signature, just brief descriptions of two jobs. The descriptions had no company names, but I found through a Google search of certain lines that these jobs were for different companies than he mentioned.

Sometimes an experience with a recruiter can be chalked up to a bad apple at a great recruiting company. With KNF&T the above experience is coming from upper management so and it really sets the tone for the entire organization to mislead and lie.