KPA Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at KPA Group

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPA Group (Oakland, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was at a job fair in my university. Process was much more relaxed than I had anticipated. The Principal and an architect were there, both of which were really nice and welcoming. I talked with each of them one on one, the principal asked some questions about myself but also asked me what I wanted to know about the firm as well as what I wanted to know about him. I was contacted for a second interview at their office during spring break and was a little bit late due to traffic. Principal was completely understanding and accommodating.
    The experience overall was very flexible (scheduling an interview, length of internship, work times). The principal understood that it was a learning experience for me and was not putting me under pressure to do anything I wasn't comfortable with.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to know about me?
      What do you want to know about the firm?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPA Group in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was relaxed, but focused. The principal is more concerned about the people he hires and how they fit in to the KPA Team, than qualifications. He values hard work and personal goals, asking what you want out of the job if you were to be hired.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you want to get out of this summer internship?   1 Answer

Senior Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KPA Group (Oakland, CA).

Interview

I had a phone interview that seemed OK. The owner invited me to his office. It was the most unprofessional in-person interview I ever had. He was rude. He consistently scolded me. When I answered his questions, he interrupted me after saying only three words and told me I was wrong. He definitely has never heard of the concept of other people.

I learned that he doesn't pay for or grant. I guess client satisfaction is at the bottom of his list. He even says he uses all hand calculations for all his engineering designs.

He's a lousy businessperson because he believes that engineering firms should keep staff on even though the firm has no work.

If this is how he treats potential employees, I wold hate to see how he treats his clients! I don;t think his Best Firm rating is real.

Interview Questions

• Structural engineering questions   1 Answer

Structural Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPA Group in January 2012.

Interview

Surprise phone interview was very unprofessional. Even more unprofessional was the interview did not like some of my answers and would argue with me and scold me. Can't imagine what it would be like to work for him.