Kalitta Air Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oscoda, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kalitta Air (Oscoda, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

Single phone call followed by a lot of paper work. The paper work was gone through quickly with out much explaination. The drug test was done at a local 3rd party clinic. Verification documents needed were a birth certificate, dd214, photo id, and 10 year work history.

A&P Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oscoda, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kalitta Air (Oscoda, MI) in September 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with Shop Manager and Foreman, asked a few basic questions about experience and career expectations. Very short interview.

Interview Questions

• "One last question, do you have anything else you would like to tell us?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take their offer or leave it.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kalitta Air.

Interview

Interview process is straight forward, comfortable and quick. Phone interview, in person interview and offer within one week. HR contacted me to set up a pre-employment drug screen and a time to arrive for my new hire orientation.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience and volume of transactions I can process.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kalitta Air.

Interview

1 Initial Interview and follow up with informal discussions. Seemed like a decent group of people in the hr department. However, after receiving written offer I asked to "discuss" the salary range which they had put forward. This led to a withdraw of the offer which definitely blew my mind. Initially I was disappointed but later relieved because I knew working with this group could have only led to larger issues that they felt "sensitive" towards. Company could be okay, but I'd avoid working in hr. This post identifies who I am to them, but hopefully it helps others and eventually me in other companies where similar situations have occurred with other people willing to speak out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not good.

Avionics Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oscoda, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kalitta Air (Oscoda, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Hired off resume there was no interview no interview process at all no interview none there was no interview no interview I'm just saying all this so my question gets accepted

Cargo Pilot Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kalitta Air (Detroit, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed and straightforward. Company brief, sim ride, panel interview. Lots of info out there regarding the sim ride in detail. The process was very laid back and low stress. Mostly they want to make sure you have basic flying skills, meet their requirements and can handle the schedule.

ULD Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ypsilanti, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kalitta Air (Ypsilanti, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online via Kalitta Careers page.

1st Round: Received an initial call from Kalitta HR 4 weeks after application submission. Call to discuss interest in position and brief overview of background and how it would relate to role.

2nd Round: Received a call from hiring manager to discuss the role at greater detail. Provided more detail on background and how it would easily transfer to the role (heavy aviation background). Asked basic hiring questions, "What is your greatest strength/weakness?" "What does Kalitta do?"

3rd Round: Panel interview with 5 members of Kalitta Air team (Hiring manager, HR representative, Senior ULD Coordinator, Charter Sales Manager, Current ULD Coordinator)

Offer Letter: Offer letter arrived via email 1 week after panel interview. Offer letter was presented with no proposed start date or offer void date. Offer letter consisted of a sole base salary of $40,000 USD, with limited 401K and benefits. Based on discussion in panel, small pay raises are provided every 3 years.

Boeing 747 Pilot Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kalitta Air (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Submitted resume at job fair in person, and was invited to an interview. At the interview, questions were very straight forward. Mostly concerned with whether I could handle being on the road for extended periods. No logbook review. A brief simulator review in a 747-200 sim. Sim check given by assistant chief pilot, who handled power settings. Just looking for basic airmanship. Takeoff, vectors to intercept localizer, approach, landing.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Asked about flying background, and about comfort level with extended stays in the field (typical time in the field 17 days minimum, up to 35 days when two tours end up back to back). Long duty days, 18 hours for single crew, 26 hours for augmented crew, 30 hours for double crew.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Wages set by union contract.

First Offcier Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Kalitta Air.

Interview

Straight forward get know you

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there wasn't one.