Kansas State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kansas State University Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2017

2.3

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kansas State University.

Interview

It was a personal interview. Basically knowing more about myself and do I fit for the role of Graduate Research Assistant. Does interest align with the current research project.

Information Technology Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kansas State University (Manhattan, KS) in April 2017.

Interview

3 hour long interview including - Skype Interview (3 questions), In person interview, 20min Presentation, and Tour of school.

-They invited 6 candidates to interview on campus, I personally think that is too many (4 or 5 would have been better... give your candidates at least a 20% hope of employment)
    -Were willing to pay for my expenses (after filling a W9)
    -Did not provide information on the location where I would be received, so I started off a little lost.
    -Empty feeling after interview... Like they shook my hand and kicked me back out into the cold cruel world

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kansas State University (Manhattan, KS) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy and straight to the point. I was interviewed by a panel. They were all nice and I wasn't intimidated. It lasted for about 90 minutes in total.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about your previous job experiences, your ability to work around students. It was easy questions if you're applying for a position that suits your skills and knowledge.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kansas State University (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

They were efficient, professional, and very courteous and respectful of my time. I was interviewed by the director of HR and the director that I would be reporting to its hired. It seemed like a very welcoming environment. I liked the neighborhood. The location of the organization is very accessible five public transportation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AFA?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Library Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kansas State University (Manhattan, KS) in February 2016.

Interview

They went over my resume and asked me about different programming languages and about different experiences I had in the past. They also asked me questions about the Fibonacci sequence and asked if I could demonstrate it for them.

Interview Questions

• Can you show us the Fibonacci sequence using any language you prefer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kansas State University.

Interview

It was a day long process. First meet with the HR team, then the selection committee, then the VP, then a tour, then with the specific department that I would be working with

Interview Questions

• The recurring question was how well did I handle academic bullies.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kansas State University (Manhattan, KS) in June 2015.

Interview

I wanted to work on something along with my studies. I simply talked to my professor and gave him reasons why I want to work on a project with him.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for? What are your areas of interest that you would like a project on?   Answer Question

Hazardous Waste Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kansas State University (Manhattan, KS) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview that I had was a very brief and informal interview with the environmental manager, Kelly. It wasn't necessary to dress in a suit. I just met with her and another employee and they just had to make sure I was an enrolled student, passed background check, etc.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with DOT chemical classifications?   1 Answer

GRA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kansas State University.

Interview

Make friends with a professor, see if they have any relevant research opportunities coming up that you would be a good fit for. Will examine your GPA (transcript) and GRE scores.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about solving (X Problem) ?   1 Answer

Peer Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kansas State University.

Interview

It was a very fast turn around. I turned in my application and the next day I had a call and then the next week, I went in for an interview and was hired on the spot