Katerra Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Katerra (Modesto, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter offering me a few time slots across a few days which was nice that their availability was flexible. I was contacted and the interview went great! The recruiter was very down to earth and made you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about Katerra?   1 Answer

Construction Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Katerra (Atlanta, GA) in December 2017.

Interview

An HR representative reached out via email to set up a phone interview. That was pretty casual, asking about what I knew about the company, where I see myself lining up with their values, why I wanted to work at Katerra, why I applied for the specific job. I was expecting a little bit more of a conversation, but it was more of them asking a question, me answering, and then asking another question that wasn't necessarily relevant - just moved on to the next subject.

Heard back from that interview within 48 hours to set up a face to face interview. That was more of a conversation - asking more about what my passions are, learning about the company and it's model. Be prepared to ask questions, most of the interview was actually me asking questions and the interviewer answering.

Interview Questions

• (After listing their core values) "Can you describe how you would fit within Katerra and our values?"   Answer Question

Associate Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Katerra in January 2019.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick and simple. Applied online and had scheduled a phone with a recruiter from Katerra within a week. Interviewer was pleasant but almost robotic and impersonal.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time you had to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Reached out to managers for the position and got referred to a recruiter for a phone interview. Set up a time for the phone interview, recruiter didn't call. Set it up for the next day, recruiter didn't seem prepared to ask questions, lots of long pauses as recruiter was thinking on what to say. And then Recruiter was talking about things not even in the job description, and I asked if it was the one I applied for in the location I wanted, the recruiter said no. It was a great conversation, but it would've saved me an hour of my time and the recruiter time if Katerra was more structured in their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your work   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Katerra.

Interview

Phone call interview was basically asking questions and me answering. The questions were about my background, my expectation from the company, salary expectation and further process. It was straight forward but positive. They told me about the various locations they are hiring for.

Interview Questions

• What kind of working environment would I like to work in.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Katerra (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2018.

Interview

Briefly went over resume, then just had a casual discussion about the company and other details. It was not a structured interview and there was no preparation on their end. Very simple process but this was early/mid 2018 and the company changes fast.

Interview Questions

• How will you add value to our organization/department utilizing your experience?   Answer Question

Senior Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Katerra (Seattle, WA) in November 2018.

Interview

When I arrived at their office, I noticed they were very disorganized. They had no reception. I was mistaken for the new staff they just hired. I also observed lots of cubicles so small the employees feel like they are canned sardines. I observed lots of younger engineers so it looks like a tech company than an engineering firm.

The interview was low-key. It consists of presenting your professional work history. The panel consisting of the Director of Structural Engineering and the Associate of the firm. They kept telling me how they would be designing concrete podium structures for these wood buildings. They wanted me to present all the typical details for all concrete buildings I have designed. It looked more to me that they were using the interviews for free consulting. This was a complete switch to designing buildings using CFS and wood members. This looks like an overpriced engineering firm that wastes people's times. Ageism was present throughout the whole interviews. The gentlemen bragged how they were stealing engineers from all the firms in the area. Run away from this firm as this interview was a complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Show me you presentation about your work history. Provide specific details of the buildings you have designed.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Katerra (Scottsdale, AZ) in March 2018.

Interview

Basic recruiter phone screen, onsite panel interview, and individuals meeting as well.
    Pro's - Nice people, meetings were enjoyable.
    Cons - Very poor follow up. Had two different recruiters contact me to say I had not been chosen for a position which is fine but you don't need to hear that twice. Also was disappointed that people I had reached out too and thanked for their time, didn't bother to respond. Saying thank you and nice to meet you does not commit you to hiring anyone and is a humble, courteous thing to do. When someone thanks you, you should take the time to respond.

Overall I was very surprised and disappointed with the way, these teams operate and feel this company is not living up to or representing their stated culture. Recruiting and the candidate experience could use an overhaul.

Interview Questions

• Honestly? Nothing I can remember. They did a lot of the talking and then I asked questions.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Katerra (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2017.

Interview

it was a joke. had to meet them in the airport at starbucks. Took way too long as they are very unorganized. They it took over 4 weeks to get a call back. Finally was called by the new DOC and you can tell he is just a paper pusher. Definitely just a guy who went to school with absolutely no field experience

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Katerra (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2018.

Interview

Got a phone call for a recruiter from Katerra. She was very good in her research of my resume and thought I would be a great fit. Went through a screening and video interview with the hiring manager and team before an in person interview. The team was impressed with my preparedness and excitement.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself short term and long term?   1 Answer

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Katerra (Seattle, WA) in December 2018.

Interview

I had a first interview with the recruiter. Basic HR questions and experience.
    She told me that it would make contact in the next week, and if I get any offer if I could let her know to accelerate the process.
    I tried to make contact, never heard back. No feedback, results.

Interview Questions

• Only asked when I could start, if I had work permit
      Also asked about my experience   Answer Question