Katten Interview Questions

Updated Dec 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 23 of over 23 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Katten

Katten

Application

I interviewed at Katten

Interview

First-round interview with department and office leaders to discuss the role they were looking to fill and the opportunities for growth with the firm in the future. There was a lot of discussion around their strategy for growth in the applicable market.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about my background.
    Answer Question

Katten

Application

I interviewed at Katten

Interview

I enjoyed the interview process. It was the same as you would expect any callback interview to be: you interview with about four to five associates and partners and they are really just attempting to see if you are a good fit for the firm.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Katten

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Katten

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Katten

Interview

The first stage of the application process was a CV and a cover letter. Successful applicants then had an interview with several partners. This is taking place virtually since covid.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Katten (Washington, DC) in Jan 2020

Interview

Interview with 8 attorneys, including managing partner. Meet with groups of 2 attorneys at a time, first two sets are partners, then a group of 3 associates, and finally the managing partner. Very long process, about 2 hours.

Interview Questions
  • A variety of questions which vary depending upon the attorney asking the questions.

Katten

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Katten

Interview

2 to 3 week process, met with about 5 people, mostly a conversation rather than a questionnaire, a lot of open ended questions, took about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Katten (Chicago, IL) in Apr 2019

Interview

Stragithforward process with very straightforward type questions. There were stock questions that you would expect at any other firm and these were generally not too difficult. Good prep would help a lot, however. And would make it much more enjoyable for the person being interviewed

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Katten (New York, NY) in Mar 2019

Interview

I met with a young gentleman who was very professional. He explained the position to me as well as the culture of the firm. He asked me questions and I had a few questions. The interview was on the casual side which made me more at ease.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Katten

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Katten

Interview

The interview process started with a typing test that overall took about 20 minutes. If you passed, you were allowed to proceed to the next step of the interview. I met with a total of three people over the course of several hours. The process was overall lengthy and drawn it. It could've been streamlined to be more effective.

Interview Questions
  • If I work in this position, I will not be able to transfer to an attorney position. Did that bother me?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Katten (New York, NY) in Feb 2018

Interview

Working with the HR team was a horrific experience. Management seems like they have little to no knowledge of the role they are looking to fill. They were not friendly nor welcoming.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Katten (Chicago, IL)

Interview

Had a phone interview with the recruiter. Was brought in for a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. I thought the interview went well, but never heard back from the company despite following up with the recruiter who never returned my calls/emails. If someone takes time out to come to your company to interview in person, they should be given the courtesy of a response either way.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Interviews