Katten Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.8

Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Katten (Washington, DC).

Interview

Met with associates, other partners in various practice groups, managing partner of the office and the CEO of the firm. Questions were general and specific about my experience and the kinds of work I have done in my career.

Interview Questions

• What business and marketing opportunities I'd like to pursue.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Katten.

Interview

Met with main partners in group and then met with other attorneys in the office in a second interview. Didnt ask for a writing sample, but were happy that I brought one along with me during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Was more like a conversation and less questions; however, they did ask me what I didn't like about my current job and my current salary.   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Katten (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was a 2 step process where I met with the HR rep and then the department. Everyone was very nice. I do not have any thing negative to report.

Staff Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Katten (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. It began with me sending my resume into the hiring manager. I was then called by a member of HR for a phone screen. The phone screen lasted about 30min and was somewhat casual; the in-person interview lasted about an hour and was relaxed and comfortable. After meeting with the hiring manger, I was introduced to one other person with whom I would be working and we chatted for about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The interview was standard for a law firm and was more of a conversation. Typical questions like goals and past experiences, what brought you to this point, how do you handle certain situations, etc. were asked.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Katten.

Interview

Interviewed first by HR, then by several different higher-ups in the department. Most of the questions were basically the same and ended up repeating the same things to a bunch of different people. They were very forthcoming with the nature of the work and did give a good idea of what it would be like working for the firm.

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Spoke with a few lawyers.

Interview Questions

• Not a question, just the look of utter boredom on the interviewer's face after we talked for a couple minutes.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Katten (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

A mathematical and data entry aptitude test had to be completed prior to interviewing. Once successful I met with the HR Manager. In the same day I advanced on to the department Manager. In total it was about a two hour process. Location is easily accessible via public transportation. Staff were welcoming and the whole process was an easy one.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Katten (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

HR phone screen, then met with HR generalist and manager then a one-on-one interview with a firm partner with responsibility over business development. Fairly standard behavioral questions and questions on resume, work history, experience, etc.. Everyone was very pleasant and cordial, especially the partner. She was very open and receptive to questions about the job.

Interview Questions

• Why I decided to quit my last job and how I sustained sales as a freelancer without formal credentials   Answer Question

Competing offer/opportunity

Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Katten (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Informal and flowing with major partners. More of a discussion about coordination. Had to fly to Chicago. First class accommodations all the way. Financials are key, culture and personality not so important. Good lawyers with entertainment industry mix. Tend to work in small teams. Few big meetings so interpersonal skills with laterals and staff not so critical.

Interview Questions

• How much is your book of business? Who are your clients? Why do you think we'd be a good fit?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Katten (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

The first round was a simple 1:1 on-campus interview with one of the partners on the hiring committee. It was fairly straightforward- questions about my resume and past experience. On the callback, I spoke with six different interviewers, all in 1:1 situations, usually in that person's office. The interviews were about 30 minutes each so I was there for about 3 hours total. Some were partners, some were associates so it was a nice mixture. They mostly just asked about why I wanted to work at Katten specifically, what skills I have, and what practice groups I'm interested in. Also asked about what type of work environment I thought would be ideal for me. They also seemed to be trying to determine whether I was really interested in practicing in Chicago.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to have achieved in your career 10 years from now?   Answer Question