Katten Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 23, 2017

2.8

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Katten (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had a phone interview with the recruiter. Was brought in for a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. I thought the interview went well, but never heard back from the company despite following up with the recruiter who never returned my calls/emails. If someone takes time out to come to your company to interview in person, they should be given the courtesy of a response either way.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Katten (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Had phone screen with HR recruiter. In-person Interview with the hiring manager about 4 days later. Half hour with the hiring manager was standard, review of resume and skillset, in-depth information on the team and role and expectations. After the hiring manager, there was a half hour interview with the recruiter that included standard behavioral questions. Benefits information was provided as a handout. Recruiter provided information on process timeline (2 weeks to a month). After hearing nothing for a month, I followed up with both the hiring manager and the recruiter. No response from either. Never even received a rejection email. Learned the job had been filled via Linkedin.

Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Katten (Washington, DC).

Interview

Met with associates, other partners in various practice groups, managing partner of the office and the CEO of the firm. Questions were general and specific about my experience and the kinds of work I have done in my career.

Interview Questions

• What business and marketing opportunities I'd like to pursue.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Katten.

Interview

Met with main partners in group and then met with other attorneys in the office in a second interview. Didnt ask for a writing sample, but were happy that I brought one along with me during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Was more like a conversation and less questions; however, they did ask me what I didn't like about my current job and my current salary.   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Katten (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was a 2 step process where I met with the HR rep and then the department. Everyone was very nice. I do not have any thing negative to report.

Staff Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Katten (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. It began with me sending my resume into the hiring manager. I was then called by a member of HR for a phone screen. The phone screen lasted about 30min and was somewhat casual; the in-person interview lasted about an hour and was relaxed and comfortable. After meeting with the hiring manger, I was introduced to one other person with whom I would be working and we chatted for about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The interview was standard for a law firm and was more of a conversation. Typical questions like goals and past experiences, what brought you to this point, how do you handle certain situations, etc. were asked.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Katten.

Interview

Interviewed first by HR, then by several different higher-ups in the department. Most of the questions were basically the same and ended up repeating the same things to a bunch of different people. They were very forthcoming with the nature of the work and did give a good idea of what it would be like working for the firm.

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Spoke with a few lawyers.

Interview Questions

• Not a question, just the look of utter boredom on the interviewer's face after we talked for a couple minutes.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Katten (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

A mathematical and data entry aptitude test had to be completed prior to interviewing. Once successful I met with the HR Manager. In the same day I advanced on to the department Manager. In total it was about a two hour process. Location is easily accessible via public transportation. Staff were welcoming and the whole process was an easy one.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Katten (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

HR phone screen, then met with HR generalist and manager then a one-on-one interview with a firm partner with responsibility over business development. Fairly standard behavioral questions and questions on resume, work history, experience, etc.. Everyone was very pleasant and cordial, especially the partner. She was very open and receptive to questions about the job.

Interview Questions

• Why I decided to quit my last job and how I sustained sales as a freelancer without formal credentials   Answer Question

Competing offer/opportunity