KeHE Distributors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.8

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KeHE Distributors (Naperville, IL).

Interview

Very odd process overall. I applied after noticing the job posting on LinkedIn and a few days later received an email with details on the in-person interview they had scheduled for me before ever even talking on the phone. I replied saying I would really like to discuss the opportunity on the phone and schedule some time for an in-person interview then. I was able to talk with the hiring manager on the phone and schedule time for the in-person interview.

Once my in-person interview came around I met with the hiring manager and someone from HR. The interview with the hiring manager was mostly discussion based -- no real difficult questions. We then walked to the interview with the woman from HR. She insisted that the hiring manager stay for this time, which I thought was odd. She asked a few questions, but never brought up salary. I also felt uncomfortable bringing up salary with the hiring manager still sitting in the room so it was never discussed while in person.

A few days later I received a call from the woman in HR that I had met with and she had a couple additional questions. One being expected compensation which I gave her an honest range of what I would need to consider leaving for KeHe. She seemed caught off guard and ended the phone call shortly after. I received an email the next week saying they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't many questions from the two interviewers I met with -- very discussion based. HR did ask what I was looking for in a company.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KeHE Distributors.

Interview

I was approached for two different positions with-in 4 months. For the first one I had two phone interviews and then two face-to-face interviews with-in a month and a half. I was told in the last interview that the position "hadn't been officially posted" which is silly since the only reason they had my resume was because I had applied. I never heard back personally and then received a "thanks but no thanks" HR form letter 2 months into the process.
    Second position I was contacted by phone, and then was interviewed by two people. I was told I would be contacted. After a follow-up email from myself, I was told I would have to take a "management assessment" from HR. It was a 100 question test that included extensive math word problems. Who knows if I "passed." That was weeks ago and I haven't heard back. The process at this point is 5 weeks. Not including the first time I was contacted by this company.

Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at KeHE Distributors (Stockton, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Nothing really, they are taking anyone how steps through the door. They are desperate. Interviews are none intimidating and are done by the lower management staff like a supervisor. If you have warehouse experience it a plus and make sure you let them know. Forklift operators are always needed so if you are interested let them know forklift, pallet jack, order picker, etc. etc...

Receiving Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elkton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at KeHE Distributors (Elkton, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with Manager and HR. HR was very interested in my career goals and what she could do to help me reach them. She is very caring and always makes sure the employees feel welcome to come to her for advice or help.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my career goals, how they could help me reach my goals, basic interview questions..   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at KeHE Distributors (Baltimore, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

Someone called an did a SBO phone interview stated she would get back to me in a week.
    Did not hear back until aqbout a month later, then a second person had a phne interview with me stated she would get back with HR and I have not heard anything to date that has been 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a planned event for one of my retailers from beginning to end.   Answer Question

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KeHE Distributors (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a single interview process. The interview was held by the Director, Senior Manager and HR Manager. The HR Manager was all over the place, I should have new better than taking the job at that point.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I had an issue with open religious questions.   1 Answer

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KeHE Distributors (Clackamas, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

I was brought in for a one on one interview and felt comfortable through the whole process. I had two one on one interviews, one with HR hiring manager the other with the warehouse manager. overall a very welcoming experience that doesn't put uncomfortable pressure on you, if you present yourself well and with respect, as you always should, expect a great interview

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KeHE Distributors.

Interview

First there will be phone screens, then a selected few will be asked to come for a face to face interview. You will meet with the hiring manager. You will also meet with another team member or director the same day or be called back for a second interview. This company takes its time finding the right candidate.

Interview Questions

• Best way to answer questions is be specific and have real life examples ready   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Interview

I was hired through Cosentino's grocery and work for a "direct" KeHe store/ dept manager. Therefore I can technically only review Cosentino's process.

Interview Questions

• When you're hired as a grocery stocker you just have to "pass" a few basic tests. Can you lift such and such amount of pounds? If you use a fork lift you have to "pass" the certification test. Can you read an invoice?   1 Answer

Negotiation

ALWAYS negotiate. I made the mistake not to and that made me look like I didn't view myself as an exemplary employee. Therefore many opportunities passed me by (promotion to management was given to someone outside the department!) despite my direct supervisor's feelings. As of 5-2013 demand at least 16 or 17, 000 a year. Stocking is hard work and the benefits will not cover you when the inevitable accident happens. Don't sell yourself for less than you are!

Selector Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KeHE Distributors in April 2013.

Interview

The interview was extensive, the human resource representative that hired me was terminated shortly after I was hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was easy, everyone starts at the same rate of pay for this position.