Kendall College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kendall College

Leadership Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kendall College (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone interview with HR; Phone Interview with Hiring Manager; In-person with hiring manager and team; In-person with executive team for presentation. Phone interview with CMO; Offer with given within the same week as final presentation.

Academic Advisor Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online on a Monday via regular resume submission. Phone interview 1 week later with HR. I week later face to face interview. 2 weeks later the "we are sorry" email.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of describe how you would handle a difficult student   Answer Question

Academic Advistor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kendall College (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview that went well. Was invited to campus on the same phone call but never heard from the interviewer again. Had to make a couple of phone calls and send a couple of emails before interviewer emailed and said they had changed their mind about inviting me to campus.
    The whole situation was handled extremely unprofessionally.

Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kendall College (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online and received an email the next day. Phone screening with HR before in-person interview. HR was very responsive and helpful before that. Interview went well and the people I met seemed friendly and said they would let me know soon but after, it was complete silence. Would have been polite for them to notify me of the rejection since we have indeed met in person.

Interview Questions

• Regular questions about past experience, why I was interested in this position etc   Answer Question

Internal Staff (Non-faculty) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Kendall College (Chicago, IL).

Interview

What a very disorganized, highly unprofessional approach to the interview process!

I met with several administrative people on various levels over about a five-month process (clue # 1 that something wasn't right: isn't that a rather long process to begin with?). There was no particular traditional order when I did meet with them (e.g. recruiters, HR, top management, departmental staff, etc.). It was all very random. Also, none of the staff I met with seemed to be communicating with each other, or seriously, about the position I was "interviewing" for. This was the most grossly unprofessional aspect of the process. A close second was that there seemed to be little respect for the fact that I took A LOT of time out of my busy schedule - including using A LOT of time off work! - to meet these various, non-communicative people for a position that was all but promised, but ultimately, because of a gross miscommunication on the part of the initiator, never materialized.

In the end I have to assume that it was a sham and that I was ambushed. I felt foolish for having let it drag out as long as is it did. But, I've learned my lesson for future opportunities: NEVER, EVER interview for a position until it has actually and officially been posted first. Caveat emptor with the people who hire at Kendall College!