Kennesaw State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kennesaw State University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University.

Interview

Spoke to a professor to ask about being a student assistant, was directed to the administrator for the department. Purely informal for the interview to discuss major, expected graduation, who/what I want to help, familiarity with chosen curriculum for the lab.

Interview Questions

• What grade did you get in this course when you took it? How long ago?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a week by phone. The interview was very easy and relaxed. They asked me questions that they had already prepared. They wanted to know my background and about my previous jobs. They asked my major and how i think how this job would help with it. They wanted to know my schedule and availability. I interviewed with three people.

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Calm, fast and easy.
    There were 9 members of the administration sitting in front of me and each one had several questions to ask. Those questions were related to my background, my education and my motivation to work with them.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have for this Job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Marietta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very fast, when you apply in between semesters when people graduate. Since I was already working on campus and knew the manager, I was able to ask her in person if they were hiring

Statistics GTA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

After submitting my Grad School Application, I was contacted based on my resume. I was asked to come in for an interview with my supervisor and a current GTA. I knew that I had the job before I left the interview.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by email to set up phone interview about two weeks after the posting closed. We spoke about the position, salary, and my experience with teaching. We then set up an in person interview. Very relaxing getting to know you and my experience with the subject I would be teaching. I was then shown around the building.

Interview Questions

• What classes have I taught before and how did I enjoy teaching.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Set rate.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Application and interview process moved quickly and was upfront about low salary/no negotiating. Panel phone interview then 2 weeks later invited in for a full day (8 hours) interview, including a presentation, panel interviews, one on on interviews, and tour. (no travel reimbursement) Was told decision would be made by the end of the week, but over a month later (and many ignored emails) I got an email from HR saying they'd decided not to hire anyone. I am an alum and I had an "in" within the department. So definitely confusing and not very professional on their end.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Marietta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

In order to get the job, after applying online, if selected you'll have to face a personal interview and a group activity. In the personal interview you will be interviewed by three people at once, each one will ask 2 questions and then will ask you if you have any question. This process is repeated three times; each interview lasts 10 minutes for a total of 30 minutes. The same day you are requested to attend a group activity during the evening in which they will judge you outside before even beginning the whole event, and then inside the room where ice-breakers will take place. At the end there will be free time to talk to everybody and your relational skills will be judged.

Interview Questions

• How would this position affect you as a student?   1 Answer
    • If you had unlimited resources, what activity would you organize?   1 Answer
    • How do you face difference?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Economics and Finance Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

It wasn't really an interview. I met with the head of the tutoring department and we talked about my availability and which classes I felt comfortable tutoring. There was a form for me to fill out with my GPA, which classes I had taken and the grades I had made, and a few additional short questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a student that is struggling with a particular topic?   Answer Question

Student Affairs Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University in December 2015.

Interview

Search committee response was fast. Honest about salary/low pay. Invited for campus visit (travel reimbursement included). Presentation topic provided a little late. Two weeks later received an automated HR response that I did not qualify as a next stage candidate - very odd. Emailed regarding process and reimbursement and received no response. Highly unprofessional.