Kennesaw State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kennesaw State University Interview Questions

2.2

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Fairly laid back and routine interview. Opened with small talk with the usual transition to standard interview questions regarding my past professional experiences. There was also a query as to what transpired that is leading me to seek new employment.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume highlighting some of the accomplishments you are most proud of in each role.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about 3 weeks later inviting me to a phone interview with multiple people that lasted about 30 minutes. About 2 weeks later, I was invited back for an on campus interview with multiple people that lasted about 30 minutes and followed by an administrative task using a computer. I was called by HR about 2 weeks after that and was offered the job. Be sure to review HR's website - there is a wealth of information that gave me a lot of insight into the process, the pay, and policies.

Interview Questions

• Typical workplace questions: What are your strengths? Why do you want to work at KSU? What is your experience working with Windows/Office/etc.? What is your compensation requirements?   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA).

Interview

The interview process was thorough because the interviewer was prepared, knew what to ask, took a lot of notes. I interviewed with the prospective supervisor, the supervisor's supervisor and then a panel.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background?

Tell me how you handled a stressful situation?

How do you think your experience will enrich this position?

Why are you the right candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Know your facts before trying to negotiate or accepting what is offered. All positions offers start at the minimum and there is room for flexibility but know what can be done before accepting or rejecting the salary.

Caller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Group interview, mock phone calls with current employees and management. They were judging how you interacted with the other people who applies. It is good to talk to everyone and be friendly. Talk with the hiring person as well.

Interview Questions

• What difference will you make to the Alumni Association   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was swift. I was able to apply through the KSU careers portal with my resume, transcripts and cover letter. I was contacted by the head of the department for a phone interview and shortly thereafter I was offer the opportunity to teach 1 class part time on campus.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have in the field and what qualifies you to teach this class?   Answer Question

Adjunct Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by email to set up phone interview about two weeks after the posting closed. We spoke about the position, salary, and my experience with teaching. We then set up an in person interview. Very relaxing getting to know you and my experience with the subject I would be teaching. I was then shown around the building.

Interview Questions

• What classes have I taught before and how did I enjoy teaching.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Set rate.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University in April 2011.

Interview

Pretty laid back, nice people. I had previously worked at the university in a different capacity. Made the transition to the new job easier. The overall job wasn't bad, but not the best. A bunch of underpaid people who all are trying to get promoted asap to a better hourly salary. I look back and laugh at my time there cause the pay was so low, but yet i was so happy. Great job for a college kid but not a career type thing.

Interview Questions

• Last job you worked
      why you left
      why you would be a good fit here
      are you a people person and why   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University in April 2010.

Interview

I submitted application in response to online ad. I had an initial phone screen with hiring manager. That was followed by interview with the hiring manager, director of Information Technology and CIO.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They would not make any concessions for salary although it was 25-30% below market

Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

After applying for many jobs, I have had a few interviews two in person. The interviews I had on the phone ended with finding out they had hired who they had intended before the interview. It seems like a waste of time. I had one interviewer contact me after the interview and want my help after he interviewed me with no intention of hiring me.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University.

Interview

congenial, met w many faculty used power points in large auditorium. Given topic in advance. Process was transparent at each phase. Phases seemed efficient. One on with w dept chair and with dean. Would have liked to see a actual class in session. Was not aware of emphasis on scan trons

Interview Questions

• Group of profs sits in room and asks fairly easy questions. Describe research, teaching style, reaction to cheating student, etc Took me to lunch and gave me campus tour. One on one with dept chair and with dean   1 Answer