Key Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Key Technology Interview Questions

2.9

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walla Walla, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Key Technology (Walla Walla, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Many questions were asked regarding how I would be able to fulfill job roles and how my relevant skills would apply to the work I would be doing. Having no job description prior to interview, much of it was discussing what my role would be and asking me questions about how I might handle certain situations related to it. After the interview I never heard back even after trying to contact the two interviewers more than once.

Interview Questions

• How do your studies and past work experience prepare you to work with us?   Answer Question

Design Drafter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walla Walla, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Key Technology (Walla Walla, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

4 group interviews with different project engineering managers asking about experience, knowledge and working style. Each group focused on a slightly different job and showed drawings and examples for me to examine and answer questions about. Each group had a slightly different style and feel, ranging from up-tight and demanding to laid back and very informal.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself a quantity, or a quality person?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walla Walla, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Key Technology (Walla Walla, WA).

Interview

Easy interview. Questions about background and interests. Technical questions about C, C++. Mostly related to memory management.
    They take you on a tour of the manufacturing facility and sometimes you also get a tour of the town.

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Key Technology.

Interview

The process is high impersonable. The contact, scheduling, and post interview interactions are all done by e-mail. However, if manage to get an interview if not going through staffing service the process is very streamline.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem with asking someone to do the impossible?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walla Walla, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Key Technology (Walla Walla, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

Typical, interviewed with HR, Operations, Research and Development and Service engineering. It was a relatively unstructured process, they were used to being the only large employer in town and it was a bit on the amateur side.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflicting priorities   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Key Technology (Baltimore, MD) in February 2010.

Interview

The Interview process at this company appears to be pretty laid back but becomes quite grueling. The process consists of basic personal and interest questions and then snowballs into several brain teasers. Brain teasers can range from a database of questions that can be found online to explaining how a random object in the office works. After several of these challenges, you are given a creative puzzle to solve using everyday objects. This can either be very nerve wrecking or quite fun depending on how you're feeling at this point of the interview. The goal of this puzzle is to see your problem solving skills and creativity on the spot. Finally you are tasked with several (about 3) skills questions which are presented in word problem format. These questions can range from anything to calculating currents and voltages to describing structure and function of certain snippets of code. Overall this is a very challenging and thoughtful interview that really tries to assess the strengths of each candidate's thought process.
        Personally the biggest negative about this interview was the intentional misrepresentation of the process by the hiring manager. When scheduling the interview, in no shape or form did the hiring manager mention the amount of time, nor depth of the interview. The perception that was achieved was that the interview would be a simple talk/ standard interview consisting of basic questions. Instead the object was to get the potential candidate by surprise. I felt this was very unprofessional as I had no idea that my interview was going to turn into a 3 hour grueling process. Had I known what to expect I would have been better prepared and known that I would be spending a sizable chunk of my day at the company. .
        Another negative is a failure of notification. The hiring manager failed to notify me of a decision throughout the specific time frame that was agreed upon. Even after inquiring about the decision past this time frame, the hiring manager led me on a leash for a period of 2 months without providing any concrete decision. This was once again very unprofessional and a waste of my time. I understand the hiring manager is looking for perfection, but they really need to treat their potential candidates with a greater level of respect and value their time instead of churning candidates through a very misleading hiring practice. I have not encountered such treatment from even the biggest companies where you feel like a number amongst a pool of candidates.

Vice President Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walla Walla, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Key Technology (Walla Walla, WA) in February 2008.

Interview

First had phone screen. Then, video conference interview. Flew out to have full day of interviews with 8-10 people.

Interview Questions

Company is located in Walla Walla, WA. The housing costs were not that much less than Seattle. Not many other opportunities.